About the Journal
Focus and Scope
Peitho publishes original research articles, discussions and reviews in the fields of ancient philosophy, science, literature, history and language. The languages of publication are English, French, German, Italian and Polish.
Peer Review Process
Every paper submitted for publication to Peitho is subject to the following review procedure:
- Each submission is evaluated by the Editor-in-Chief, who decides whether the submission is sent to review.
- Each submission is evaluated by at least one independent referee affiliated in an institution other than that of the Editor-in-Chief.
- All submissions are subject to a double-blind peer review procedure so that neither the author nor the referee know each other’s identities.
- The review concludes with a definite decision whether the submission is to be accepted for publication or rejected.
Please note that Peitho uses OSA (osa.amu.edu.pl) to screen papers for unoriginal material. By submitting your paper to the journal you are agreeing to originality checks during the peer-review and production processes.
The submitted paper must be an original work that has not been published previously.
Open Access Policy
This is an Open Access journal. Users have the right to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of articles in this journal, and to use them for any other lawful purpose. Authors retain copyright and publishing rights to their articles, granting the journal the right to distribute them under the terms of the CC BY 4.0 license.
Peitho is deeply committed to the policy of academic honesty and fairness. When submitting their paper for publication to this journal, the author(s) must clearly specify the following:
- the name(s) of the author(s),
- the affiliation,
- the financing of the submission and the involvement of any institution(s) that covered the research (if applicable).
In the event of the Editorial Board being informed of any pre/post-publication misconduct, including allegations, complaints or disputes between authors, editors and third parties (e.g. other contributors, authors or institutions whose intellectual property rights were violated), the Peitho policies provide mechanisms for correcting, revising and retracting the work (in accord with the COPE Standards). We also provide ethical and legal solutions according to the mandatory provisions of the Press Law and Intellectual Property Rights. The complaint document is available on our web site.
In ethically relevant cases we implement the core practices and standards of COPE:
The journal’s Open Access statement is based on the standards of COPE.