About the Journal
Focus and Scope
Quaestiones Geographicae publishes research results of wide interest in the following fields:
• physical geography,
• economic and human geography,
• spatial management and planning,
• sustainable development (including regional and local development),
• environmental science,
• GIS and geoinformation, and
Peer Review Process
1. At least two independent reviewers from outside the Editorial Board are asked to
appraise each article.
2. At least one of the reviewers is affiliated with a foreign institution in a country different
from that of the author of an article.
3. The author(s) and reviewers do not know their identities (the so-called double-blind
4. The reviewer signs a declaration that there is no conflict of interests
between him /her and the author, i.e.:
a. there are no direct personal relations (kinship or legal connections),
b. there are no relations of occupational subordination, and
c. there has been no direct scientific cooperation over the last two years preceding
the preparation of the review.
5. The review has a written form and ends with an explicit statement about the article
being accepted for publication or rejected.
6. The review form is made publicly known on a web page.
7. The names of the reviewers of individual publications/ volumes are not revealed;
once a year the journal publishes a list of reviewers.
Adam Mickiewicz University, Faculty of Geographical and Geological Sciences, Bogumiła Krygowskiego 10, PL 61-680 Poznań, Poland firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
Quaestiones Geographicae was established in 1974 as an annual journal of the Institute of Geography, Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań, Poland. Its founder and first editor was Professor Stefan Kozarski. Initially the scope of the journal covered issues in both physical and socio-economic geography; since 1982, exclusively physical geography. In 2006 there appeared the idea of a return to the original conception of the journal, although in a somewhat modified organisational form.