Main Article Content
The main focus of the paper is on one of the most significant issues of economic geography nowadays, namely ways of an efficient distribution of facilities on the basis of inter-industry complexity (on the example of the diamond industry). The description of the formation of the complex branch of the diamond industry is carried out in several stages: determining the cause of inter-sectoral cooperation in the diamond industry; investigating territorial features of the complex that belongs to ABA, the most important of which is the difficulty of forming the WPK national (country) level; defining a cluster as the main form of territorial complexity characteristic of ABK (its types and causes of formation, characteristics of each cluster); and drawing conclusions about the appropriate degree of territorial concentration of various activities under the ABA type of market for which they are characterised. Special attention is paid to the identification and examination of territorial complexity types in the diamond complex in Russia.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (Applies from Vol. 39 No. 3. 2020)
To Vol.39 No. 3.2020:
Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International CC BY-NC-ND 4.0
- Chaim E-Z., 2007. From mine to mistress – corporate strategies and government policies in the international diamond industry. Mining Communications Ltd., London.
- Diamond pipeline, 2014. International Diamond Exchange. Online: www. idexonline. com (accessed 14 December 2015). IDEX Online Research, 2014. Online: www.idexonline.com (accessed 19 June 2014).
- Egorova I.Е., 2007. Methods for differentiation of clusters in the diamond industry of the Sakha Republic (Yakutia). Science and education 1.
- Egorov E.G., 1977. Economy of gold and diamond industrial complexes during the transition period. Science, Novosibirsk.
- Fridman А.А., Babat L.G., 1996. The world diamond market. Correlation between the size of a diamond and its price: Computerised and mathematical approach. Russian Academy of Science, Moscow.
- Kartsman Y.E., 2005. Preliminary results of the implementation of the government concept of the reformation and further development of the diamond complex in Russiaup to 2005. Diamonds and gold of Russia 3.
- Markaryan Z.А., 1989. The diamond industry of Africa: Problems and perspectives of development. Science, АN USSR; Institute of Africa, Moscow.
- Nikolaev М.V., Maraktaev А.N., 2006. Modern tendencies for the development of the diamond complex in Russia in terms of joining WTO on the basis of industrial and regional integration. Problems of modern economy 3(19).
- Pototskaya Т.I., 2005. “Diamond pipeline” as an analysis method of the diamond market. Marketing in Russia and abroad 4.
- Pototskaya Т.I., 2007. Diamond pipeline of Russia. Marketing in Russia and abroad 3.
- Pototskaya T.I., 2008. International labour differentiation in the diamond complex. Uniwersum, Smolensk.
- Skripnichenko V.А., 2000. Social and economic mechanisms of industrial complexes creation (based on the diamond complex). Doctorate thesis in Economics: 08.00.05: Moscow.