Main Article Content
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Manuscript authors are responsible for obtaining copyright permissions for any copyrighted materials included within manuscripts. The authors must provide permission letters, when appropriate, to the Society Register Editors.
In addition, all published papers in Society Register are published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 Unported License.
1.1 The Author hereby warrants that he/she is the owner of all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Work and that, within the scope of the present Agreement, the paper does not infringe the legal rights of another person. The owner of the copyright work also warrants that he/she is the sole and original creator thereof and that is not bound by any legal constraints in regard to the use or sale of the work.
1.2. The Publisher warrants that is the owner of the PRESSto platform for open access journals, hereinafter referred to as the PRESSto Platform.
2. The Author grants the Publisher non-exclusive and free of charge license to unlimited use worldwide over an unspecified period of time in the following areas of exploitation:
2.1. production of multiple copies of the Work produced according to the specific application of a given technology, including printing, reproduction of graphics through mechanical or electrical means (reprography) and digital technology;
2.2. marketing authorisation, loan or lease of the original or copies thereof;
2.3. public performance, public performance in the broadcast, video screening, media enhancements as well as broadcasting and rebroadcasting, made available to the public in such a way that members of the public may access the Work from a place and at a time individually chosen by them;
2.4. inclusion of the Work into a collective work (i.e. with a number of contributions);
2.5. inclusion of the Work in the electronic version to be offered on an electronic platform, or any other conceivable introduction of the Work in its electronic version to the Internet;
2.6. dissemination of electronic versions of the Work in its electronic version online, in a collective work or independently;
2.7. making the Work in the electronic version available to the public in such a way that members of the public may access the Work from a place and at a time individually chosen by them, in particular by making it accessible via the Internet, Intranet, Extranet;
2.8. making the Work available according to appropriate license pattern CC BY-NC 4.0 as well as another language version of this license or any later version published by Creative Commons.
3. The Author grants the Publisher permission to reproduce a single copy (print or download) and royalty-free use and disposal of rights to compilations of the Work and these compilations.
4. The Author grants the Publisher permission to send metadata files related to the Work, including to commercial and non-commercial journal-indexing databases.
5. The Author represents that, on the basis of the license granted in the present Agreement, the Publisher is entitled and obliged to:
5.1. allow third parties to obtain further licenses (sublicenses) to the Work and to other materials, including derivatives thereof or compilations made, based on or including the Work, whereas the provisions of such sub-licenses will be the same as with the Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0) Creative Commons sub-license or another language version of this license, or any later version of this license published by Creative Commons;
5.2. make the Work available to the public in such a way that members of the public may access the Work from a place and at a time individually chosen by them, without any technological constraints;
5.3. appropriately inform members of the public to whom the Work is to be made available about sublicenses in such a way as to ensure that all parties are properly informed (appropriate informing messages).
6. Because of the royalty-free provision of services of the Author (resulting from the scope of obligations stipulated in the present Agreement), the Author shall not be entitled to any author’s fee due and payable on the part of the Publisher (no fee or royalty is payable by the Publisher to the Author).
7.1. In the case of third party claims or actions for indemnity against the Publisher owing to any infractions related to any form of infringement of intellectual property rights protection, including copyright infringements, the Author is obliged to take all possible measures necessary to protect against these claims and, when as a result of legal action, the Publisher, or any third party licensed by the Publisher to use the Work, will have to abandon using the Work in its entirety or in part or, following a court ruling in a legal challenge, to pay damages to a third party, whatever the legal basis
7.2. The Author will immediately inform the Publisher about any damage claims related to intellectual property infringements, including the author’s proprietary rights pertaining to a copyrighted work, filed against the Author. of liability, the Author is obliged to redress the damage resulting from claims made by third party, including costs and expenditures incurred in the process.
7.3. To all matters not settled herein provisions of the Polish Civil Code and the Polish Copyright and Related Rights Act shall apply.
- Aorno, Theodor 2001. The Culture Industry. Selected Essays On Mass Culture. London: Routledge.
- Asylum Information Database. Retrieved May 16, 2018 (http://www.asylumineurope.org).
- Bakewell, Oliver. 2000. “Repatriation and Self-Settled Refugees in Zambia: Bringing Solutions to the Wrong Problems.” Journal of Refugee Studies 13(4): 356–73. DOI: 10.1093/jrs/13.4.356
- Balibar, Etienne and Immanuel Wallerstein.1991. Race, Nation, Class. Ambiguous Identities. London-New York: Verso.
- Balibar, Etienne. 1991. “Is There a ‘Neo-Racism’?” Pp. 17-28 in Race, Nation, Class. Ambiguous Identities edited by E. Balibar and I. Wallerstein. London-New York: Verso.
- Blerski, Eryk. Sport w polskim ruchu antyfaszystowskim przed 1939 r. 2013. Redakcja Rozbrat. Retrieved May 16, 2018 (http://www.rozbrat.org/historia/33-walki-spoleczne-w-polsce/3957-sport-w-polskimruchu-antyfaszystowskim-przed-1939-r).
- Bourdieu, Pierre. 1977. Outline of a Theory of Practice. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Braham, Mark. March 1993. UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), The Untouchables: A survey of the Roma People of Central and Eastern Europe. Retrieved May, 19 (http://www.refworld.
- Brenner, Neil. 2013. Implosions/explosions. Towards a Study of Planetary Urbanization. Berlin: Jovis.
- Certeau, Michel de. 1984. The Practice of Everyday Life. Berkeley: University of California Press.
- Chambers, Robert. 1979. Rural Refugees in Africa: What the Eyes do not See. Disasters 3(4): 381-92. DOI: 10.1111/j.1467-7717.1979.tb00175.x
- Choudry, Aziz and Dip Kapoor. 2010. NGOization: Complicity, Contradictions, and Prospects. London: Zed Books.
- Colectivo Situaciones. 2003. On the Researcher-Militant, European Institute for Progressive Cultural Policies (EIPCP). Retrieved May 21, 2018 (http://eipcp.net/transversal/0406/colectivosituaciones/en).
- Convention, Relating to the Status of Refugees. Retrieved April, 16, 2018 (https://amnesty.org.pl/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Konwencja_Dotyczaca_Uchodzcow.pdf).
- Crisp, Jeff. 2008. Beyond the Nexus: UNHCR’s Evolving Perspective on Refugee Protection and International Migration. Geneva: UNHCR Policy Development and Evaluation Service.
- Croteau, David, William Hoynes and Charlotte Ryan. 2005. Rhyming Hope and History. Activists, Academics, and Social Movement Scholarship. Minneapolis: University of Minnesota Press.
- Croteau, David. 2005. Which Side Are You On? The Tension between Movement Scholarship and Activism in Rhyming Hope and History. Activists.
- Czarnota, Katarzyna. 2018. “Participatory Research with Romanian Roma Immigrants Living in Polish Settlements. Methodology, Results and Barriers.” In Participatory Social Work Research, Practise, and Education. International Experiences, edited by M. Granosik, A. Gulczyńska, M. Kostrzyńska, B. Littlechild. Łódź: Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Łódzkiego.
- Diken, Bülent. 2004. “From refugee camps to gated communities: biopolitics and the end of the city.” Citizenship Studies 8:83-106. DOI: 10.1080/1362102042000178373
- Environmental Justice Atlas. Retrieved April 16, 2018. (https://ejatlas.org)
- Eur-Lex. Aces to the European Union low. Council conclusions of 18 November 2010 on the role of sport as a source of and a driver for active social inclusion 2010/C 326/04. Retrieved May 16, 2018. (https://
- Fagaró, Beatrix and Piroska Béki. 2015. “Development strategy of Roma sports as a tool of sport integration.” Studia Sportiva 9(1): 151-156. DOI: 10.5817/StS2015-1-18.
- Fals-Borda, Orlando. 2006. “The North-South Convergence: A 30 Year Personal Assessment of PAR.” Action Research 4(3):351–358. DOI: 10.1177/1476750306066806
- Fare Network. 2018. Roundtable Roma inclusion and the role of sport. 15 February 2018. Retrieved May 16, 2018 (http://farenet.org/news/roundtable-roma-inclusion-role-sport/)
- Fejfer, Kamil. 2017. „W 2016 były o trzy przestępstwa z nienawiści mniej niż w 2015. I trzy razy więcej niż w 2014” [“In 2016 there were 3 hate crimes less than in 2015”. And three times more than in 2014],
- Oko Press, January 06. Retrieved April 13, 2017. (https://oko.press/2016-byly-o-przestepstwa-nienawisci-
- Fotis, Filippou. 2013. Some lessons from history have still not been learned, Amnesty International: Campaigns Europe End Central Asia Discrimination. Retrieved May 26, 2017 (https://www.amnesty.org/
- en/latest/campaigns/2013/08/some-lessons-from-history-have-https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/campaigns/2013/08/some-lessons-from-history- have- still-not-been-learned/).
- Gazeta Wyborcza Kraków. 1996.” W Mogile bez wizy”, April 20. p.2.
- Gazeta Wyborcza. 1996. “Czy cygańskie obozowisko w Warszawie trzeba było zlikwidować?”, June 21, p. 2.
- Giulianotti, Richard. 2015. Sport: A Critical Sociology. Cambridge: Polity Press.
- Glaser, Barney and Anselm Strauss. 2009. Odkrywanie teorii ugruntowanej: strategie badania jakościowego. Kraków: Nomos.
- Goldberg, David T. 2000. “Modernity, Race and Morality.” In Racist Culture. Philosophy and the Politics of Meaning. Malden, Oxford: Blackwell.
- Górzyński, Oskar. 2016. “Polska coraz mniej przyjazna obcokrajowcom. Rośnie liczba rasistowskich napaści [Poland grows less friendly towards foreigners. Number of racists attacks on the increase], Gazeta Wyborcza, April 29. Retrieved April 4, 2017 (http://wiadomosci.wp.pl/polska-coraz-mniej-przyjazna-obcokrajowcom- rosnie-liczba-rasistowskich-napasci-6025270537736833a).
- Graeber, David. 2009. Direct Action: An Ethnography. Oakland: AK Press.
- Hale, Charles R. 2001. “What is Activist Research?” Social Science Research Council 2(1-2):13-15.
- Haraway, Donna. 1988. “Situated Knowledges: The Science Question in Feminism and the Privilege of Partial Perspective.” Feminist Studies 14(3): 575-599. DOI: 10.2307/3178066
- Hansen, Art and Anthony Oliver-Smith. 1982. Involuntary Migration and Resettlement: The Problems and Responses of Dislocated People. Boulder, CO: Westview Press.
- Harrell-Bond, Barbara. 1988. “The Sociology of Involuntary Migration: An Introduction.” Current Sociology Journal 36(2): 1-6. DOI: 10.1177/00113928803600200318
- Haudenhuyse, Reinhard. 2017. (ed.) “Sport for Social Inclusion.” Special issue of Social Inclusion. Retrieved May 16, 2017 (https://idrottsforum.org/sport-for-social-inclusion-special-issue-of-social-inclusion).
- Hovil, Lucy and Opportuna Kweka. 2008. Going Home or Staying Home? Ending Displacement for Burundian Refugees in Tanzania. International Refugee Rights Initiative (IRRI), Centre for the Study of Forced Migration and Social Science Research Council. Citizenship and Displacement in the
- Great Lakes Region. Working Paper No. 1.
- Hovil, Lucy. 2007. “Self-Settled Refugees in Uganda: An Alternative Approach to Displacement?” Journal of Refugee Studies 20(4): 599–620. DOI: 10.1093/jrs/fem035
- Hovil, Lucy. 2013. I can’t be a citizen if I am still a refugee: Former Burundian Refugees Struggle to Assert their New Tanzanian Citizenship’. International Refugee Rights Initiative (IRRI). Citizenship
- and Displacement in the Great Lakes Region. Working Paper No. 9.
- Jakubowska, Honorata. 2017. „Emocje” Pp. 25-34 in Socjologia sportu edited by H. Jakubowska and P. Nosal. Warszawa: Wydawnictwo Naukowe PWN.
- Juris, Jeffrey S. 2007. “Practicing Militant Ethnography with the Movement for Global Resistance (MRG) in Barcelona.” Pp. 164-176 in Constituent Imagination: Militant Investigations, Collective Theorization
- edited by S. Shukaitis and D. Graeber. Oakland: AK Press.
- Keynote Address at Romani Studies Conference, Dr. Ian Hancock, UC Berkley. Retrieved May 19, 2018 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTsqiP196Uw).
- Kostka, Joanna and Katarzyna Czarnota. 2017. “Modes of knowledge production in the study of radical urban movements.” Interface: a journal for and about social movements 9(1): 368–388.
- Kostka, Joanna. 2015. „Romowie w Europie. Integracja czy asymilacja?” Pp. 49-73 in Własnym głosem o sobie. Imigranci romscy w Polsce edited by T. Marcinkowski. Gorzów Wielkopolski: Zachodni Ośrodek Badań Społecznych i Ekonomicznych.
- Kubiak, Zenon. 2015. “Koczowisko Romów przy ul. Lechickiej zostanie zlikwidowane?”, Wirtulana Polska, June 02. Retrived June 10, 2018. (https://wiadomosci.wp.pl/koczowisko-romow-przy-ul-lechickiej-
- Lehmann, Alicja. 2018. ”Wyważyli drzwi, rzucali kamieniami – sprawcy ataku na koczowisko Romów w Poznaniu w rękach policji. „Przypadkiem przechodzili [They broke down door and threw stones - perpetrators
- of the attack on Roma encampment captured by the police. Claim to happened to be passing by.” Gazeta Wyborcza. April 07.
- Lenartowicz, Michał. 2012. „Klasowe uwarunkowania sportu z perspektywy teoretycznej Pierre’a Bourdieu.” Kultura i Społeczeństwo 3: 51-74.
- Mc Garry, Aidan. 2017. Romaphobia: The Last Acceptable Form of Racism. Londyn: Zed Books.
- Miles, Matthew B. 2000. Analiza danych jakościowych. Białystok: Trans Humana.
- Młyn. 1998. “Rumuni do Domu.” Gazeta Wyborcza Rzeszów, September 04, p. 2.
- Mucha, Janusz. 1986. Socjologia jako krytyka społeczna: orientacja radykalna i krytyczna we współczesnej socjologii zachodniej. Warszawa: Wydawnictwo Naukowe PWN.
- Picker, Giovanni. 2017. Racial Cities: Governance and the Segregation of Romani People in Urban Europe. Abingdon-New York: Routledge.
- Pur Rahnama, Iza. 1996. “Raport NIK o likwidacji koczowisk cygańskich.” Gazeta Wyborcza, December 24, p.3.
- Richmond, Anthony. 1988. “Sociological Theories of International Migration: The Case of Refugees.” Current Sociology 36(7): 7–25. DOI: 10.1177/001139288036002004
- Russell, Bertie. 2015. “Beyond Activism/Academia: Militant Research and the Radical Climate and Climate Justice Movement(s).” Area 47(3):222-229. DOI: 10.1111/area.12086.
- Smith, George W. 1990. “Political Activist as Ethnographer.” Social Problems 4: 629- 648. DOI:10.2307/800586
- Stropnik, Nada. 2011. Slovenia. Promoting Social Inclusion of Roma. A Study of National Policies. Institute for Economic Research, Ljubljana. Retrieved May 16, 2018 (http://ec.europa.eu/social/BlobServlet?
- Tammaru, Tiit, Maarten van Ham, Marcińczak Szymon and Sako Mustard. Eds. 2014. Socio-Economic Segregation in European Capital Cities. Abingdon: Routledge.
- Urząd do Spraw Cudzoziemców [Foreginers Department], Ponad 234 tys. cudzoziemców z prawem pobytu w Polsce [Over 234 thousand foreigners with residence permit in Poland]. Retrieved April 11, 2017
- (https://udsc.gov.pl from 10.08.2016, https://udsc.gov.pl/ponad-234-tys-cudzoziemcow-z-prawempobytu-w-polsce).
- Van Barr, Huub. 2016. “Evictability and the Biopolitical Borderig of Europe.” Antipode 49: 212-230. DOI: 10.1111/anti.12260.
- Van Damme, Wim. 1995. “Do Refugees Belong in Camps: Experiences from Goma and Guinea.” Lancet 346: 360-362. DOI: 10.1016/S0140-6736(95)92231-8.
- Van Damme, Wim. 1999. “How Liberian and Sierra Leonean Refugees Settled in the Forest Region of Guinea (1990– 1996).” Journal of Refugee Studies 12(1): 36-53. DOI: 10.1093/jrs/12.1.36
- Vincze, Eniko. 2013. “Urban Landfill, Economic Restructuring and Environmental Racism.” Studia Universitatis Babes-Bolyai–Sociologia 18(12): 389-405.
- Vincze, Eniko. 2013. “Spatialization and racialization of social exclusion. The social and cultural formation of „Gypsy Ghettos” in Romania in a European context.” Studia Universitatis Babes-Bolyai – Sociologia 2: 5-21.
- Wacquant, Loic. 2002. “From Slavery to Mass Incarceration. Rethinking the ‘race question’ in the USA.” New Left Review 13: 41-60.
- West, Cornel. 2002. “A Genealogy of Modern Racism.” Pp. 90-112 in Race Critical Theories. Text and Context edited by Ph. Essed and D. Th. Goldberg. Oxford, Malden: Blackwell.