Main Article Content
The study approaches the new curriculum documents for pre-university education in the Republic of Moldova from the intercultural education perspective. In the 2019-2020 school year, the schools in the country are carrying out the education process based on a new curriculum, which represents the result of the third reform after the country's independence in 1992. The author analyses the correspondence of the curriculum texts to the stipulations of the Education Code, and the extent to which they respond to the demands in the development of the students’ intercultural competence. The findings of the study reveal that the texts are focused not only on the promotion of the national values and identity, but are open, at the same time, to the intercultural education and to the dialogue with representatives of different cultures in the multicultural divided society. Literature and policy review supplemented by discourse analysis are the main qualitative methods applied.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Manuscript authors are responsible for obtaining copyright permissions for any copyrighted materials included within manuscripts. The authors must provide permission letters, when appropriate, to the Society Register Editors.
In addition, all published papers in Society Register are published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 Unported License.
1.1 The Author hereby warrants that he/she is the owner of all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Work and that, within the scope of the present Agreement, the paper does not infringe the legal rights of another person. The owner of the copyright work also warrants that he/she is the sole and original creator thereof and that is not bound by any legal constraints in regard to the use or sale of the work.
1.2. The Publisher warrants that is the owner of the PRESSto platform for open access journals, hereinafter referred to as the PRESSto Platform.
2. The Author grants the Publisher non-exclusive and free of charge license to unlimited use worldwide over an unspecified period of time in the following areas of exploitation:
2.1. production of multiple copies of the Work produced according to the specific application of a given technology, including printing, reproduction of graphics through mechanical or electrical means (reprography) and digital technology;
2.2. marketing authorisation, loan or lease of the original or copies thereof;
2.3. public performance, public performance in the broadcast, video screening, media enhancements as well as broadcasting and rebroadcasting, made available to the public in such a way that members of the public may access the Work from a place and at a time individually chosen by them;
2.4. inclusion of the Work into a collective work (i.e. with a number of contributions);
2.5. inclusion of the Work in the electronic version to be offered on an electronic platform, or any other conceivable introduction of the Work in its electronic version to the Internet;
2.6. dissemination of electronic versions of the Work in its electronic version online, in a collective work or independently;
2.7. making the Work in the electronic version available to the public in such a way that members of the public may access the Work from a place and at a time individually chosen by them, in particular by making it accessible via the Internet, Intranet, Extranet;
2.8. making the Work available according to appropriate license pattern CC BY-NC 4.0 as well as another language version of this license or any later version published by Creative Commons.
3. The Author grants the Publisher permission to reproduce a single copy (print or download) and royalty-free use and disposal of rights to compilations of the Work and these compilations.
4. The Author grants the Publisher permission to send metadata files related to the Work, including to commercial and non-commercial journal-indexing databases.
5. The Author represents that, on the basis of the license granted in the present Agreement, the Publisher is entitled and obliged to:
5.1. allow third parties to obtain further licenses (sublicenses) to the Work and to other materials, including derivatives thereof or compilations made, based on or including the Work, whereas the provisions of such sub-licenses will be the same as with the Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0) Creative Commons sub-license or another language version of this license, or any later version of this license published by Creative Commons;
5.2. make the Work available to the public in such a way that members of the public may access the Work from a place and at a time individually chosen by them, without any technological constraints;
5.3. appropriately inform members of the public to whom the Work is to be made available about sublicenses in such a way as to ensure that all parties are properly informed (appropriate informing messages).
6. Because of the royalty-free provision of services of the Author (resulting from the scope of obligations stipulated in the present Agreement), the Author shall not be entitled to any author’s fee due and payable on the part of the Publisher (no fee or royalty is payable by the Publisher to the Author).
7.1. In the case of third party claims or actions for indemnity against the Publisher owing to any infractions related to any form of infringement of intellectual property rights protection, including copyright infringements, the Author is obliged to take all possible measures necessary to protect against these claims and, when as a result of legal action, the Publisher, or any third party licensed by the Publisher to use the Work, will have to abandon using the Work in its entirety or in part or, following a court ruling in a legal challenge, to pay damages to a third party, whatever the legal basis
7.2. The Author will immediately inform the Publisher about any damage claims related to intellectual property infringements, including the author’s proprietary rights pertaining to a copyrighted work, filed against the Author. of liability, the Author is obliged to redress the damage resulting from claims made by third party, including costs and expenditures incurred in the process.
7.3. To all matters not settled herein provisions of the Polish Civil Code and the Polish Copyright and Related Rights Act shall apply.
- Bocos, Musata. Jucan, Dana. 2017. Fundamentele pedagogiei. Teoria si metodologia curriculumului, Bucuresti, Romania : Editura Paralela 45.
- Cadrul de Referinta al Curriculumului National. 2017. Chisinau, Republic of Moldova. Retrieved September 6, 2019 (http://particip.gov.md/public/documente/137/ro_3966_CadruldereferintaalCurriculumuluiNaional23022017.pdf).
- Children’s right Convention. 1989. Retrieved September 6, 2019 (https://www.ohchr.org/en/professionalinterest/pages/crc.aspx).
- Codul Educatiei al Republicii Moldova. 2014. Chisinau, Republic of Moldova. Retrieved June 4, 2019 (https://usmf.md/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Codul-Educatiei.pdf).
- Curriclumul national pentru invatamantul primar. 2018, Chisinau, Republic of Moldova. Retrieved August 4, 2019. (https://mecc.gov.md/sites/default/files/curriculum_primare_05.09.2018.pdf)
- Curriculumul national. Disciplina Limba si literatura romana. Clasele V-IX. 2019.Chisinau, Republic of Moldova. Retrieved August 23, 2019 (https://mecc.gov.md/sites/default/files/limba_si_lit_romana_curriculum_sc_nat_gimnaziu.pdf).
- Curriculumul national. Disciplina Limba si literatura romana. Clasele X-XII. 2019. Chisinau, Republic of Moldova. Retrieved September 3, 2019 (https://mecc.gov.md/sites/default/files/limba_si_lit_romana_curriculum_sc_nat_liceu.pdf).
- Crisan, Alexandru. (Editor) 2006. Current and Future Challenges in Curriculum Development: Policies, Practices and Networking for Change. Bucuresti, Romania: Education 2000+ Publishers. Humanitas Educational.
- Cristea, Sorin. 1998. Dictionar de termeni pedagogici. Bucuresti, Romania: Editura Didactica si Pedagogica.
- Cristea, Sorin. 2010. “Pedagogia sociala”, Didactica Pro, nr. 1(59), Chisinau Republic of Moldova. p.53-56. Retrieved September 13, 2019. (https://ibn.idsi.md/sites/default/files/imag_file/Pedagogia%20sociala.pdf).
- Cucos, Constantin. 2000. Educatia. Dimensiuni culturale si interculurale. Iasi, Romania: Polirom.
- Educatie pentru o societate a cunoasterii: Cadrul de referinta al noului Curriculum National. 2015, Chisinau Republic of Moldova: Institutul de Politici Publice.
- Goras-Postica, Viorica. 2015. “Competenta interculturala: functionalitate conceptual-practica”, pp 8-20. In Competenta interculturala. Auxiliar didactic. Chisinau, Republic of Moldova: CE PRO DIDACTICA.
- Holm, Gunilla and Zilliacus Harriet. 2009 “Dialogues on Diversity and Global Education”. M. Talib, J. Loima, H. Paavola & S Patrikainen (Eds.) Multicultural Education and Intercultural Education: Is There a Difference? pp. 11-28. Berlin, Germany: Peter Lang. Retrieved September 11, 2019 (https://www.researchgate.net/publication/281555019_Multicultural_education_and_intercultural_education_Is_there_a_difference).
- Gutu, Vladimir. (coord.) 2007. Cadrul de referinta al Curriculumului National. Chisinau, Republic of Moldova : A.I.E.P. Stiinta.
- Gutu, Vladimir. 2014. Curriculum educational. Cercetare. Dezvoltare. Optimizare. Chisinau, Republic of Moldova : CEP USM.
- Gutu, Vladimir. (coord.), 2015. Cadrul de referinta al Curriculumului Universitar. Chisinau, Republic of Moldova: CEP USM.
- Marin, Tudor. 2012, Fundamentele pedagogiei. Teoria si metodologia curriculumului. Problematica educatiei contemporane. Bucuresti, Romania : Pro Universitaria.
- Neagu, Mihaela. Achirii, Ion. 2008. Evaluarea curriculumului şcolar proiectat Ghid metodologic. Iaşi, Romania : Editura PIM.
- Nedelcu, Anca. 2007. Fundamentele educatiei interculturale. Diversitate, minoritati, echitate. Iasi, Romania: Polirom.
- Paslaru, Vadimir. 2003. Principiul pozitiv al educatiei. Studii si eseuri pedagogice. Chisinau, Republic of Moldova. Civitas.
- Paslaru, Vadimir. 2013. Introducere in teoria educatiei literar-artistice. Bucuresti, Romania: Sigma.
- Perroti, Antonio.1992. « Pour une politique d’immigration ». Etudes. Tome 377. Paris, France :S.E.R., p. 199-202
- Planul-cadru pentru invatamantul primar, gimnazial si liceal pentru anul de studii 2019-2020. Chisinau, Republic of Moldova. Retrieved September 12, 2019. (https://mecc.gov.md/sites/default/files/plan-cadru_2019-2020_web_sait.pdf).
- Pogolsa, Lilia. 2013. Teoria şi praxiologia managementului curriculumului. Chisinau, Republic of Moldova: Lyceum.
- Potolea, Dan, Manolescu, Marin. 2006. Teoria si metodologia curiculumului. Bucuresti, Romania: Ministerul Educatiei si Cercetarii.
- Recensamantul populatiei si al locuintelor in Republica Moldova. 2014. Chisinau. Republic of Moldova (http://recensamant.statistica.md/ro).
- « Schimbarea nu se face in 100 de zile… » Retrieved September 18, 2019 (https://moldova.europalibera.org/a/schimbarea-nu-se-face-in-100-de-zile-este-nevoie-de-ani-pentru-ca-28-de-ani-s-a-distrus-s-a-demolat-totul-/30163278.html).
- Singer, Florence, Mihaela, Samihaian Florentina, Holbrook Jack, Crisan Alexandru. “A competence-based curriculum for the 21st century. A case of Kuwait” 2014. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences. Volume 128, 22 April 2014, Pages 475-481. Retrieved September 23, 2019. (https://reader.elsevier.com/reader/sd/pii/S1877042814022824?token=298BC9A01C60B0B2637F5E6A2B9EDCEA719568CDC2887AC74B381FC9BF25CE41ED8A20A78F749FE34649BC931AB1D6B6).
- Strategia de dezvoltare a educatiei pentru anii 2014-2020 „Educatia-2020”. 2014, Chisinau. Republic of Moldova. Retrieved September 16, 2019 (https://mecc.gov.md/sites/default/files/1_strategia_educatia-2020_3.pdf).