Main Article Content
In the Meiji era, Japan was attempting to modernize and Europeanize through legal reforms. At that time in Japan, Napoleonic Code was regarded as the best civil code and was translated into Japanese by Mitsukuri Rinsho. How-ever, bcause of the lack of the dictionary and any material concerning the law, Mitsukuri was forced to coin the new words during the translation. At that time, the French term “biens” was translated in Japanese as “財産 zaisan” and the term “patrimoine” was translated as “資産 shisan” by箕作麒麟Mitsukuri Rinsho et Gustave Emile Boissonade de Fontarabie. Today, “財産 zaisan” is accepted as the equivalent for “biens”, however the translation of term “patri-moine” is very varied according to the translators: 家産 kasan, 資産 shisan, 財産体zaisantai, 財物zaibutsu. In this article, we will first observe the histori-cal perspective of the Japanese Civil Code, then the concept of these two French terms to find the most appropriate translation in Japanese from linguis-tic point of view.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
When submitting a paper the author agrees to the following publishing agreement and processing personal data.
PUBLICATION AGREEMENT, COPYRIGHT LICENSE, PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING CONSENT
This is a publication agreement and copyright license (“Agreement”) regarding a written manuscript currently submitted via Pressto platform
(“Article”) to be published in Comparative Legilinguistics International Journal for Legal Communication (“Journal”).
The parties to this Agreement are:
the Author or Authors of the submitted article (individually, or if more than one author, collectively, “Author”) and Comparative Legilinguistics International Journal for Legal Communication (“Publisher”), address al. Niepodległości 4, 61-874 Poznań, represented by its editor in chief Aleksandra Matulewska.
§1. LICENSE OF COPYRIGHT
a) The Author and the Publisher agree that the Author grants a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which is incorporated herein by reference and is further specified at Creative Commons — Attribution 4.0 International — CC BY 4.0 copyright license in the Article to the general public.
b) The Author grants to the Publisher a royalty-free, worldwide nonexclusive license to publish, reproduce, display, distribute, translate and use the Article in any form, either separately or as part of a collective work, including but not limited to a nonexclusive license to publish the Article in an issue of the Journal, copy and distribute individual reprints of the Article, authorize reproduction of the entire Article in another publication, and authorize reproduction and distribution of the Article or an abstract thereof by means of computerized retrieval systems (such as Westlaw, Lexis and SSRN). The Author retains ownership of all rights under copyright in the Article, and all rights not expressly granted in this Agreement.
c) The Author grants to the Publisher the power to assign, sublicense or otherwise transfer any and all licenses expressly granted to the Publisher under this Agreement.
d) Republication. The Author agrees to require that the Publisher be given credit as the original publisher in any republication of the Article authorized by the Author. If the Publisher authorizes any other party to republish the Article under the terms of paragraphs 1c and 1 of this Agreement, the Publisher shall require such party to ensure that the Author is credited as the Author.
§2. EDITING OF THE ARTICLE
a) The Author agrees that the Publisher may edit the Article as suitable for publication in the Journal. To the extent that the Publisher’s edits amount to copyrightable works of authorship, the Publisher hereby assigns all right, title, and interest in such edits to the Author.
a) The Author represents and warrants that to the best of the Author’s knowledge the Article does not defame any person, does not invade the privacy of any person, and does not in any other manner infringe upon the rights of any person. The Author agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Publisher against all such claims.
b) The Author represents and warrants that the Author has full power and authority to enter into this Agreement and to grant the licenses granted in this Agreement.
c) The Author represents and warrants that the Article furnished to the Publisher has not been published previously. For purposes of this paragraph, making a copy of the Article accessible over the Internet, including, but not limited to, posting the Article to a database accessible over the Internet, does not constitute prior publication so long as the as such copy indicates that the Article is not in final form, such as by designating such copy to be a “draft,” a “working paper,” or “work-in-progress”. The Author agrees to hold harmless the Publisher, its licensees and distributees, from any claim, action, or proceeding alleging facts that constitute a breach of any warranty enumerated in this paragraph.
a) The agreement was concluded for an unspecified time.
a) The Author agrees and acknowledges that the Author will receive no payment from the Publisher for use of the Article or the licenses granted in this Agreement.
b) The Publisher agrees and acknowledges that the Publisher will not receive any payment from the Author for publication by the Publisher.
§6. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
a) This Agreement supersedes any and all other agreements, either oral or in writing, between the Author and the Publisher with respect to the subject of this Agreement. This Agreement contains all of the warranties and agreements between the parties with respect to the Article, and each party acknowledges that no representations, inducements, promises, or agreements have been made by or on behalf of any party except those warranties and agreements embodied in this Agreement.
b) In all cases not regulated by this Agreement, legal provisions of Polish Copyright Act and Polish Civil Code shall apply.
c) Any disputes arising from the enforcement of obligations connected with this Agreement shall be resolved by a court competent for the headquarters of the Publisher.
d) Any amendments or additions to the Agreement must be made in writing and signed by authorised representative of both parties, otherwise being ineffective.
e) This Agreement is signed electronically and the submission of the article via the PRESSto platform is considered as the conclusion of the Agreement by the Author and the Publisher.
f) Clause for consent to the processing of personal data - general
g) The Author shall give his or her consent to the processing of their personal data in accordance with the Act of 10 May 2018 on the protection of personal data and Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of persons physical in connection with the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (General Data Protection Regulation) for the purpose and in connection with making publications available on the PRESSto scientific journals platform and DeGruyter platform, guaranteeing the security of services rendered, and improving them.
I HAVE READ AND AGREE FULLY WITH THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
The Author The Publisher
- Aizawa S. 相沢幸夫.1987. Hōritsu yōgo taiyaku shū 法律用語対訳集. Tokio: Shōji hōmu kenkyūkai 商事法務研究会.
- Alcaraz E., Hughes B. 2002. Legal Translation Explained. Manchester. Svol. Jerome Publishing.
- Delisle J. (et al., ed.). 1999. Translation Terminology. Amster-dam/Philadelphia : John Benjamins Publishing Company.
- Furuta H. 古田裕清2005. Honyakugo tositeno nihon no hōritu yōgo翻訳語としての日本の法律用語. Tokio: Chūō shuppanbu 中央出版部.
- Gōhara T. 郷原豊茂 2006. Minpō sōsoku bukken hen民法総則物件編. Tokio: TAC shuppansha TAC出版社.
- Gōhara T. 郷原豊茂. 2006. Minpō no marugoto kōgi namachūkē民法の丸ごと講義生中継. Tokio: TAC shuppansha TAC出版社.
- Hashiuchi T. 橋内武. Hotta S. 堀田秀吾. Hō to gengo法と言語. Tokio: Kuroshio shuppan くろしお出版.
- Hoshino E. 星野英一. 1998. Minpō no susume民法のすすめ. Tokio: Iwanami shinsho岩波書房.
- Ishimito, M. 1954. L'influence du Code civil français sur le droit civil japonais. [In:] Revue internationale de droit comparé. Vol. 6/4, 744-752. doi: 10.3406/ridc.1954.9093.
- Kawaguchi Y. 川口由彦. Nihon kindai hōseishi. 日本近代法制史. Tokio: Shinsēsha 新世社.
- Kitamura I. 2006. Furansu minpōten no nihyaku nenフランス民法典の二百年Le bicentenaire du Code civil Français. Tokio: Yūhi-kaku 有斐閣
- Lerat P. 2007. Vocabulaire du juriste débutant. Paris: PUF.
- Murakami J. 村上淳一. 2005. ho no rekishi法の歴史. Tokio: Tokyo daigaku shuppankai 東京大学出版会.
- Nisida T. (ed.) 2003. 言語学を学ぶ人のために(Gengogaku o manabu hito no tameni). Kyoto: Sekai shisōsha.
- Ōmura A. 大村敦. 2001. Kihon minpō 基本民法. Tokio: Yūhikaku 有斐閣
- Ōmura A. 大村敦. 2007. Minpō zero, iti, ni, san zyō. ga ikiru rūru ｢民法０．１．２．３条｣＜私＞が生きるルール. Tokyo: Misuzu syobō みすず書房.
- Ōmura A. 大村敦. 2010. Furansu minpōフランス民法. Tokio: Shinzan sha 信山社
- Sacco R. 1999. « Langue et droit ». Les multiples langues du droit eu-ropéen uniforme. Torino: L’Harmattan.
- Saitō T. 2005. 明治の言葉 (Meiji no kotoba). Tokyo: Kōdansya gakuzyutu bunko.
- Sójka-Zielińska K. 2008. Kodeks Napoleona. Historia i współczesność. Warszawa: LexixNexis.
- Takanasi K. red. 2006. Kōgo roppō zensho kōgo mimpō口語六法全書口語民法. Tokio: Ziyūkokuminsha 自由国民社.
- Uchida T. 内田貴. 1994. 民法I-V MinpōI-V. Toki: Tokyo daigaku shuppankai.
- Yamaguchi T. 2002. フランス法辞典 (dictionnaire du droit français). Tokyo: Tōkyō daigaku shuppan kai.
- Yamamoto K. 2000. 公序良俗論の再構成 (Kōjo ryōzoku ron no sa-ikōsē). Tokyo: Yūsenkaku.
- Yokoi H. 横井秀明. 2007. Jitsuyōban hōritsu yōgo no kisochishiki 法律用語の基礎知識. Tokiyo: Jiyū kokuminsha 自由国民社.