Main Article Content
A keen interest in the culture and economic development of the Republic of Korea has resulted in establishing business relations between Korea and various countries all around the world. The Korean War (1950-1953) is said to be the catalyst for Korean Studies, since it has generated a considerable interest in Korean history, language and culture. Yet, when the Korean Language Education (henceforward KLE) is being referred to, usually the years when the boom for "everything that is Korean” started, which could be attributed to the successfully organized Summer Olympics in 1988 and co-organized Asian World Cup in 2002, are being mentioned. This was when the world saw a different side of Korea. However, also thanks to the enormous popularity of Hallyu and the support of the South Korean Government given to initiatives, which among others, popularize the Korean language, the interest in various aspects of Korean culture as well as the language itself, has become higher than ever before. Since the turn of the 21st century, South Korea is perceived as one of the world's leading exporters of culture and tourism, and Hangeul became one of the exported goods.The aim of this research is to analyze the situation of KLE in the era of globalization, which along with the spread of lingua franca, among them English, is endangering the language variety of the world. In order to do so, several significant dates and initiatives showing how Korean scholars and the Government have influenced and shaped the language policy and thus have contributed to the popularization of the language all around the world will also be referred to. Government sponsored institutions providing Korean language classes, as well as books and other teaching materials, will be discussed and classified. The article will also try to answer the question concerning the future of the KLE.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
When submitting a paper the author agrees to the following publishing agreement and processing personal data.
PUBLICATION AGREEMENT, COPYRIGHT LICENSE, PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING CONSENT
This is a publication agreement and copyright license (“Agreement”) regarding a written manuscript currently submitted via Pressto Platform
(“Article”) to be published in International Journal of Korean Humanities and Social Sciences (“Journal”).
The parties to this Agreement are:
the Author or Authors of the submitted article (individually, or if more than one author, collectively, “Author”) and International Journal of Korean Humanities and Social Sciences (“Publisher”), address al. Niepodległości 4, 61-874 Poznań, represented by its editor in chief Oh Kyong-Geun.
- 1. LICENSE OF COPYRIGHT
- a) The Author and the Publisher agree that the Author grants a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike 4.0 International License, which is incorporated herein by reference and is further specified at http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/legalcode copyright license in the Article to the general public.
- b) The Author grants to the Publisher a royalty-free, worldwide nonexclusive license to publish, reproduce, display, distribute, translate and use the Article in any form, either separately or as part of a collective work, including but not limited to a nonexclusive license to publish the Article in an issue of the Journal, copy and distribute individual reprints of the Article, authorize reproduction of the entire Article in another publication, and authorize reproduction and distribution of the Article or an abstract thereof by means of computerized retrieval systems (such as Westlaw, Lexis and SSRN). The Author retains ownership of all rights under copyright in the Article, and all rights not expressly granted in this Agreement.
- c) The Author grants to the Publisher the power to assign, sublicense or otherwise transfer any and all licenses expressly granted to the Publisher under this Agreement.
- d) Republication. The Author agrees to require that the Publisher be given credit as the original publisher in any republication of the Article authorized by the Author. If the Publisher authorizes any other party to republish the Article under the terms of paragraphs 1c and 1 of this Agreement, the Publisher shall require such party to ensure that the Author is credited as the Author.
- 2. EDITING OF THE ARTICLE
- a) The Author agrees that the Publisher may edit the Article as suitable for publication in the Journal. To the extent that the Publisher’s edits amount to copyrightable works of authorship, the Publisher hereby assigns all right, title, and interest in such edits to the Author.
- 3. WARRANTIES
- a) The Author represents and warrants that to the best of the Author’s knowledge the Article does not defame any person, does not invade the privacy of any person, and does not in any other manner infringe upon the rights of any person. The Author agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Publisher against all such claims.
- b) The Author represents and warrants that the Author has full power and authority to enter into this Agreement and to grant the licenses granted in this Agreement.
- c) The Author represents and warrants that the Article furnished to the Publisher has not been published previously. For purposes of this paragraph, making a copy of the Article accessible over the Internet, including, but not limited to, posting the Article to a database accessible over the Internet, does not constitute prior publication so long as the as such copy indicates that the Article is not in final form, such as by designating such copy to be a “draft,” a “working paper,” or “work-in-progress”. The Author agrees to hold harmless the Publisher, its licensees and distributees, from any claim, action, or proceeding alleging facts that constitute a breach of any warranty enumerated in this paragraph.
- 4. TERM
- a) The agreement was concluded for an unspecified time.
- 5. PAYMENT
- a) The Author agrees and acknowledges that the Author will receive no payment from the Publisher for use of the Article or the licenses granted in this Agreement.
- b) The Publisher agrees and acknowledges that the Publisher will not receive any payment from the Author for publication by the Publisher.
- 6. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
- a) This Agreement supersedes any and all other agreements, either oral or in writing, between the Author and the Publisher with respect to the subject of this Agreement. This Agreement contains all of the warranties and agreements between the parties with respect to the Article, and each party acknowledges that no representations, inducements, promises, or agreements have been made by or on behalf of any party except those warranties and agreements embodied in this Agreement.
- b) In all cases not regulated by this Agreement, legal provisions of Polish Copyright Act and Polish Civil Code shall apply.
- c) Any disputes arising from the enforcement of obligations connected with this Agreement shall be resolved by a court competent for the headquarters of the Publisher.
- d) Any amendments or additions to the Agreement must be made in writing and signed by authorised representative of both parties, otherwise being ineffective.
- e) This Agreement is signed electronically and the submission of the article via the PRESSto platform is considered as the conclusion of the Agreement by the Author and the Publisher.
- f) Clause for consent to the processing of personal data - general
- g) The Author shall give his or her consent to the processing of their personal data in accordance with the Act of 10 May 2018 on the protection of personal data and Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of persons physical in connection with the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (General Data Protection Regulation) for the purpose and in connection with making publications available on the PRESSto scientific journals platform, guaranteeing the security of services rendered, and improving them.
I HAVE READ AND AGREE FULLY WITH THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
The Author The Publisher
- Ahn, Jeong Hyeon (안정현). 2003. 『재외동포 교육용 한국어 교재 개발·공급 현황 및 개선 방안 연구』 (Jaeoedongpo gyoyugyong hangugeo gyojae gaebal·gonggeup hyeonhwang mit gaeseon bangan yeongu), 고려대학교 교육대학원 석사학위논문 (Koryeo daehakgyo gyoyukdaehagwon seoksahagwinonmun).
- Ahn, Kyunghwa (안경화). 2005. 「한국어 교수 방법과 교수 방법론의 변천사」 (Hangugeo gyosu bangbeopgwa gyosu bangbeononui byeoncheonsa), 『한국어 교육론 I』 (Hangugeo gyoyungnon I), 한국문화사 (Hankook Munhwasa).
- Baek, Bong-ja (백봉자). 2001. 「교재와 교수법을 통해 본 한국어 교육의 역사와 과제」 (Gyojaewa gyosubeobeul tonghae bon hangugeo gyoyugui yeoksawa gwaje), 『외국어로서의 한국어 교육』 (Oegugeoroseoui hangugeo gyoyuk), 연세대학교 한국어교사연수소 (Yonsei daehakgyo hangugeogyosayeonsuso), Vol. 26, pp. 11-31.
- Bańczerowski, Jerzy. 2014. Lingwistyczne boje Ludwika Zabrockiego. Znaki Pamięci – Spuścizna Językoznawców Polskich Drugiej Połowy XX Wieku. Ed. Grochowski, Maciej & Zaron, Zofia. Warszawa: PAN Komitet Językoznawstwa, pp.139-171.
- Borowiak, Anna. 2017. 「폴란드의 한국어 교육현황」 (Pollandeuui hangugeo gyoyukhyeonhwang). 『2017년 국외 한국어 전문가 초청 연수회』 (2017nyeon gugoe hangugeo jeonmunga chocheong yeonsuhoe), 6월 20일, 서울: 이화여자대학교 (6wol 20il, Seoul: Ewhayeoja daehakgyo).
- Chinnammai, S. 2005. Effects of Globalization on Education and Culture. ICDE International Conference, Nov. 19-23, New Delhi, pp. 1-6.
- Cho, Hang Rok (조항록). 2003. 「한국어 교재 개발의 기본 원리와 실제 -연세대학교 한국어학당 교재 개발을 중심으로-」 (Hangugeo gyojae gaebarui gibon wolliwa silje - Yonsei daehakgyo hangugeohakdang gyojae gaebareul jungsimeuro-), 『외국어로서의 한국어교육』 (Oegugeoroseoui hangugeogyoyuk), 연세대학교 한국어교사연수소 (Yonsei daehakgyo hangugeogyosayeonsuso), Vol. 28, pp. 223-250.
- Cho, Hang Rok (조항록). 2005. 「외국어로서의 한국어 교육사」 (Oegugeoroseoui hangugeo gyoyuksa), 『한국어 교육론 1』 (Hangugeo gyoyugnon 1), 한국문화사 (Hankook Munhwasa).
- Cho, Hang Rok (조항록). 2013. 『한국어 교육 현황 점검 및 교육 지원 전략 연구』 (Hangugeo gyoyuk hyeonhwang jeomgeom mit gyoyuk jiwon jeollyak yeongu), 상명대학교 산학협력단 (Sangmyung daehakgyo sanhakhyeomnyeokdan).
- Gungnipgugeowon (국립국어원). 2009. 『국내외 한국어 교재 백서』 (Gungnaeoe hangugeo gyojae baekseo), 한국어세계화 재단 (Hangugeosegyehwa jaedan).
- Gungnipgugeowon (국립국어원). 2014. 『2014 숫자로 살펴보는 우리말』 (2014 sutjaro salpyeoboneun urimal), 한국어세계화 재단 (Hangugeosegyehwa jaedan).
- Gungnipgugeowon (국립국어원). 2014. 『국어연감』 (Gugeoyeongam), 한국어세계화 재단 (Hangugeosegyehwa jaedan).
- Heo, Jae-Young (허재영). 2006. 『국어과 교과서와 교재 지도 연구』 (Gugeogwa gyogwaseowa gyojae jido yeongu), 한국문화사 (Hankook Munhwasa).
- Heo, Jae-Young (허재영). 2007. 『(제2언어로서의) 한국어 교육의 이해와 탐색』 (Je 2eoneoroseoui) hangugeo gyoyugui ihaewa tamsaek), 보고사 (Bogosa).
- Kim, Jung Sup (김중섭). 2011. 「한국어 교육의 변화와 한국어 교원의 미래」(Hangugeo gyoyugui byeonhwawa hangugeo gyowonui mirae), 『새국어생활』 (Saegugeosaenghwal), 국립국어원 (Gungnipgugeowon), Vol. 21-3, pp. 5-26.
- Kim, Jung Sup (김중섭). 2013. 「세종학당 성공을 위한 조건과 과제」 (Sejonghakdang seonggongeul wihan jogeongwa gwaje), 『한국어 문화연구』 (Hangugeo munhwayeongu), 한국어와문화연구센터(Hangugeowamunhwayeongusenteo), Vol. 1-1, pp. 37-80.
- Kim, Rok Hui (김록희). 2012. 『재외동포용 한국어 교재 분석 및 개선 방안,『한글학교 한국어』와 『맞춤 한국어』를 대상으로-』 (Jaeoedongpoyong hangugeo gyojae bunseok mit gaeseon bangan, 『Hangeul hakgyo hangugeo』wa 『Matchum hangugeo』reul daesangeuro-), 공주대학교 석사학위논문 (Kongju daehakgyo seoksahagwinonmun).
- Kim, Young Ran (김영란). 2009. 『한국어 교육 교재의 변천 연구』 (Hangugeo gyoyuk gyojaeui byeoncheon yeongu), 고려대학교 대학원 박사학위논문 (Koryeo daehakgyo daehagwon baksahagwinonmun).
- Ko, Kyoung-min (고경민). 2012. 『한국어 교재 변천사 연구』 (Hangugeo gyojae byeoncheonsa yeongu), 건국대학교 대학원 박사학위논문 (Konkuk daehakgyo daehagwon baksahagwinonmun).
- Ko, Ye Jin (고예진). 2013. 『19세기 서양인의 한국어 교재 연구』 (19segi seoyanginui hangugeo gyojae yeongu), 부산대학교 대학원 박사학위논문 (Busandaehakgyo daehagwon baksahagwinonmun).
- Lee, Jee Young (이지영). 2003. 「근현대 한국어 교재의 단원 구성 변천」 (Geunhyeondae hangugeo gyojaeui danwon guseong byeoncheon), 『국어교육연구』 (Gugeogyoyugyeongu), 서울대학교 국어교육연구소 (Seoul daehakgyo gugeogyoyugyeonguso), Vol. 11, pp. 369-410.
- Lee, Jee Young (이지영). 2004. 「근현대 민족어문교육 기초 연구 - 근현대 한국어 교재의 사적 고찰-」 (Geunhyeondae minjogeomungyoyuk gicho yeongu - geunhyeondae hangugeo gyojaeui sajeok gochal-), 『국어교육연구』 (Gugeogyoyugyeongu), 서울대학교 국어교육연구소 (Seoul daehakgyo gugeogyoyugyeonguso), Vol. 13, pp. 503-541.
- Lee, Seong-young (이성영). 1992. 「국어과 교재의 특성」 (Gugeogwa gyojaeui teukseong), 『국어교육학연구』 (Gugeogyoyukagyeongu), 국어교육학회(Gugeogyoyukahoe). Vol. 2-1.
- Min, Hyun Sik et al. (민현식 외), 2005. 「한국어 교육의 역사와 전망」 (Hangugeo gyoyugui yeoksawa jeonmang), 『한국어교육론 1』 (Hangugeogyoyungnon 1), 한국문화사 (Hankook Munhwasa).
- Oh, Dae-hwan (오대환). 2009. 『식민지 시기 일본인을 위한 조선어 교육 연구 - ‘조선어 장려 정책’과 ‘경성 조선어연구회’를 중심으로-』 (Sigminji sigi ilbonineul wihan joseoneo gyoyuk yeongu - ‘joseoneo jangnyeo jeongchaek’gwa ‘gyeongseong daehakgyo daehagwon baksahagwinonmun).
- Park, Gap Su (박갑수). 1999. 「한국어 교육의 과제와 전망」 (Hangugeo gyoyugui gwajewa jeonmang), 『국어교육연구 6』 (Gugeogyoyugyeongu 6), 서울대학교 국어교육연구소 (Seoul daehakgyo gugeogyoyugyeonguso), pp. 5-28.
- Park, Young Soon (박영순). 2003. 「한국어 교재의 개발 현황과 발전 방향」 (Hangugeo gyojaeui gaebal hyeonhwanggwa baljeon banghyang), 『한국어교육』 (Hangugeogyoyuk), 국제한국어교육학회 (Gukjehangugeogyoyukhakhoe), Vol. 14-3, pp. 169-188.
- Song, Hyang-Geun (송향근). 2011. 「한국어 교원 자격 제도의 현황과 과제」 (Hangugeo gyowon jagyeok jedoui hyeonhwanggwa gwaje), 『새국어생활』 (Saegugeosaenghwal), 국립국어원 (Gungnipgugeowon), Vol. 21-3.
- Sun, Zhenyu (손진우). 2016. 『한류문화의 확산과 한국어 교육의 세계화 관계 연구』 (Hallyumunhwaui hwaksangwa hangugeo gyoyugui segyehwa gwangye yeongu), 상명대학교 대학원 석사학위논문 (Sangmeung daehakgyo daehagwon seoksahagwinonmun).
- Zabrocki, Ludwik. 1963. Wspólnoty Komunikatywne w Genezie i Rozwoju Języka Niemieckiego, cz. I, Warszawa: PWN.
- Zabrocki, Ludwik. 1966. Językoznawcze Podstawy Metodyki Nauczania Języków Obcych, Warszawa: PWN.