As of the 21st century, Koreans are struggling to achieve an advanced society. Material abundance may be a prerequisite for advanced society, but what is more important and essential is transparent and just society implementation in which an equal opportunity is given to all members of society and fair competition is ensured by fair rules. Unfortunately, in the Korean society, almost in all the layers of it, corruption and injustice/ immorality are still rampant.
I believe that such a phenomenon comes from the weak sense of the rule of law in Korean society compared with the other developed countries. Therefore, this paper considers the structure of consciousness of Koreans, which makes such things possible and makes it harder to eradicate, centered on Confucianism which emphasizes humanism or paternalism rather than the rule of law, and the mindset/ consciousness of Korean shamanism which does not actively try to fight against evil.
Cheon, I-du (천이두). 1985.『한국문학과 한 hanguk munhak-gwa han』. 서울: 이우 출판사 (Seoul: I-u chulpansa).
Cheon, I-du (천이두). 1993.『한의 구조 연구 Han-ui gujo yeongu』. 서울: 문학과 지성사 (Seoul: Munhakgwa jiseongsa).
Choi, Gil-seong (최길성). 1996.『한국인의 한 Hangugin-ui han』. 서울: 예전사 (Seoul: Yejeonsa).
Choi, Jun-sik (최준식). 2009.『무교 – 권력에 밀린 한국인의 근본신앙 Mugyo – gwolleog-e millin Hangugin-ui geunbon sinang』. 서울: 도서출판 모시는사람들 (Seoul: Doseochulpan mosineun saram-deul).
Geum, Jang-tae (금장태). 1991.『유교사상의 문제들 Yugyosasang-ui munje-deul』』. 서울: 려강 Seoul: Ryeogang.
Geum, Jang-tae (금장태). 2010.『이념과 실현 – 한국유교의 과제와 쟁점 Inyeom-gwa silhyeon – Hangug yugyo-ui gwaje-wa jaengjeom』. 서울: 지교 (Seoul: Jigyo).
Han, Do-hyeon (한도현) et al. 2004.『유교의 예와 현대적 해석 Yugyo-ui ye-wa hyeondaejeok haeseok』. 서울: 청계 (Seoul: Cheongye).
Han, Ok-geun (한옥근). 2009.『한국 전통극의 미학적 탐구 Hanguk jeontongeuk-ui mihakjeok tamgu』. 서울: 푸른사상 (Seoul: Pureun sasang).
Hangug jeongchi haghui/Hanguk sahui-haghui (한국정치학회/한국사회학회). 2007.『한국사회의 새로운 갈등과 국민통합 Hangug sahui-ui saeroun galdeng-gwa gugmin tonghab』. 서울: 인간사랑 (Seoul: Ingan sarang).
Hanguk-sahui-haghui (한국사회학회). 2009.『대한민국 60년의 사회변동 – 성찰과 성과, 그리고 과제 Daehanminguk 60-nyeon-ui sahui byeondong – seongchal-gwa seong-gwa, geurigo gwaje』. 고양: 인간사랑 (Goyang: Ingansarang).
Jeong, Chul-heon (정출헌). 2009.『조선 최고의 예술 판소리 Joseon chwigo-ui yesul pansori』. 서울: 아이세움 (Seoul: Aiseum).
Jo, Dong-il (조동일). 1997.『카타르시스 라사 신명풀이 – 연극영화미학의 기본원리에 대한 생극론 해명 Katareusiseu rasa sinmyeongpuri – yeongeuk yeonghwa mihag-ui gibon weolli-e daehan saengeugnon haemyeong』. 서울: 지식산업사 (Seoul: Jisiksaneopsa).
Kim, Sang-ok. 1979. Han and classical literature, quoted in Kim Yong-suk, Study of women’s literature in Joseon period. Seoul: Sookmyung Women’s University.
Kim, Tae-gon. 1998. Korean Shamanism – Musism. Seul: Jimoondang.
Kim, Yeol-gyu (김열규) et al.. 2001.『한국인의 죽음과 삶 Hangugin-ui jugeum-gwa sam』. 서울: 철학과현실사 (Seoul: Cheolhak-gwa hyeonsilsa).
Kim, Yeol-gyu (김열규). 1985.『한국문학의 두 문제 – 원한과 가계 Hangug munhak-ui du munje – wonhan-gwa gagye』. 서울: 학연사 (Seoul: Hagyeonsa).
Lee, Eun-bong (이은봉). 2000.『한국인의 죽음관 Hangugin-ui jugeumgwan』. 서울: 서울대학교 출판부 (Seoul: Seoul Daehakyo chulpanbu).
Lee, Gyu-tae (이규태). 1980.『한국인의 한 Hangugin-ui han』. 서 울: 세종출판사 (Seoul: Sejong Chulpansa).
Lee, Gyu-tae (이규태). 2000a.『한국인의 샤머니즘 Hangugin-ui syameonijeum』. 서울: 신원문화사 (Seoul: Sinweon Munhwasa).
Lee, Sang-ta (이상태), Yun Yong-sik (윤용식). 2006.『고전소설론 Gojeon soseolnon』. 서울: 한국방송통신대학교출판부 (Seoul: Hangug Bangsong Tongsin Daehakyo Chulpanbu).
Lee, Young-hee. 2002. Ideology, Culture, and Han – Traditional and Early Modern Korean Women’s Literature. Seoul: Jimoondang Publishing Company.
Min, Yeong-hyeon (민영현). 2006.『한국인의 삶과 한국학 – 神仙郎家를 꿈꾸며 Hangugin-ui sam-gwa Hangughak – sinseon nangareul ggumggumyeo』. 서울: 신지서원 (Seoul: Sinjiseowon).
Ryu, Seung-kuk (류승국). 2010.『유가철학과 동방사상 Yugacheolhag-gwa dongbang sasang』. 서울: 성균관대학교 동아시아학술원 (Seoul: Seonggyungwan Daehakyo Dongasia Hagsulwon).
Song, Yeong-bae (송영배). 2004.『동서 철학의 교섭과 동서양 사 유 방식의 차이 Dongseo cheolhag-ui gyoseob-gwa dongseoyang sayu bangsik-ui cha-i』 [Exchanges of Philosophical Ideas and the Difference of Thinking Mode between the East and the West]. 서울: 논형 (Seoul: nonhyeong).
Yun, Sa-sun (윤사순). 2010.『조선, 도덕의 성찰 – 조선 시대 유학의 도덕철학 Joseon, dodeok-ui seongchal – Joseon sidae yuhak-ui dodeokcheolhag』. 서울: 돌베개 (Seoul: Dolbegae).
When submitting a paper the author agrees to the following publishing agreement and processing personal data.
PUBLICATION AGREEMENT, COPYRIGHT LICENSE, PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING CONSENT
This is a publication agreement and copyright license (“Agreement”) regarding a written manuscript currently submitted via Pressto Platform
(“Article”) to be published in International Journal of Korean Humanities and Social Sciences (“Journal”).
The parties to this Agreement are:
the Author or Authors of the submitted article (individually, or if more than one author, collectively, “Author”) and International Journal of Korean Humanities and Social Sciences (“Publisher”), address al. Niepodległości 4, 61-874 Poznań, represented by its editor in chief Oh Kyong-Geun.
- 1. LICENSE OF COPYRIGHT
- a) The Author and the Publisher agree that the Author grants a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which is incorporated herein by reference and is further specified at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/deed.en copyright license in the Article to the general public.
- b) The Author grants to the Publisher a royalty-free, worldwide nonexclusive license to publish, reproduce, display, distribute, translate and use the Article in any form, either separately or as part of a collective work, including but not limited to a nonexclusive license to publish the Article in an issue of the Journal, copy and distribute individual reprints of the Article, authorize reproduction of the entire Article in another publication, and authorize reproduction and distribution of the Article or an abstract thereof by means of computerized retrieval systems (such as Westlaw, Lexis and SSRN). The Author retains ownership of all rights under copyright in the Article, and all rights not expressly granted in this Agreement.
- c) The Author grants to the Publisher the power to assign, sublicense or otherwise transfer any and all licenses expressly granted to the Publisher under this Agreement.
- d) Republication. The Author agrees to require that the Publisher be given credit as the original publisher in any republication of the Article authorized by the Author. If the Publisher authorizes any other party to republish the Article under the terms of paragraphs 1c and 1 of this Agreement, the Publisher shall require such party to ensure that the Author is credited as the Author.
- 2. EDITING OF THE ARTICLE
- a) The Author agrees that the Publisher may edit the Article as suitable for publication in the Journal. To the extent that the Publisher’s edits amount to copyrightable works of authorship, the Publisher hereby assigns all right, title, and interest in such edits to the Author.
- 3. WARRANTIES
- a) The Author represents and warrants that to the best of the Author’s knowledge the Article does not defame any person, does not invade the privacy of any person, and does not in any other manner infringe upon the rights of any person. The Author agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Publisher against all such claims.
- b) The Author represents and warrants that the Author has full power and authority to enter into this Agreement and to grant the licenses granted in this Agreement.
- c) The Author represents and warrants that the Article furnished to the Publisher has not been published previously. For purposes of this paragraph, making a copy of the Article accessible over the Internet, including, but not limited to, posting the Article to a database accessible over the Internet, does not constitute prior publication so long as the as such copy indicates that the Article is not in final form, such as by designating such copy to be a “draft,” a “working paper,” or “work-in-progress”. The Author agrees to hold harmless the Publisher, its licensees and distributees, from any claim, action, or proceeding alleging facts that constitute a breach of any warranty enumerated in this paragraph.
- 4. TERM
- a) The agreement was concluded for an unspecified time.
- 5. PAYMENT
- a) The Author agrees and acknowledges that the Author will receive no payment from the Publisher for use of the Article or the licenses granted in this Agreement.
- b) The Publisher agrees and acknowledges that the Publisher will not receive any payment from the Author for publication by the Publisher.
- 6. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
- a) This Agreement supersedes any and all other agreements, either oral or in writing, between the Author and the Publisher with respect to the subject of this Agreement. This Agreement contains all of the warranties and agreements between the parties with respect to the Article, and each party acknowledges that no representations, inducements, promises, or agreements have been made by or on behalf of any party except those warranties and agreements embodied in this Agreement.
- b) In all cases not regulated by this Agreement, legal provisions of Polish Copyright Act and Polish Civil Code shall apply.
- c) Any disputes arising from the enforcement of obligations connected with this Agreement shall be resolved by a court competent for the headquarters of the Publisher.
- d) Any amendments or additions to the Agreement must be made in writing and signed by authorised representative of both parties, otherwise being ineffective.
- e) This Agreement is signed electronically and the submission of the article via the PRESSto platform is considered as the conclusion of the Agreement by the Author and the Publisher.
- f) Clause for consent to the processing of personal data - general
- g) The Author shall give his or her consent to the processing of their personal data in accordance with the Act of 10 May 2018 on the protection of personal data and Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of persons physical in connection with the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (General Data Protection Regulation) for the purpose and in connection with making publications available on the PRESSto scientific journals platform, guaranteeing the security of services rendered, and improving them.
I HAVE READ AND AGREE FULLY WITH THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
The Author The Publisher