Main Article Content
Having considered some general aspectological and aspect-methodological problems, the author proceeds to the discussion of certain selected questions concerning Korean aspectology, in particular, an interaction between aspect and momentarity/ progressivity as well as aspective-lingual reasoning. The position of the category of aspect within grammar is revisited of and the problem of formulation of aspectological theories is addressed. The proposed theoretical apprehension of the relation of Korean aspect to momentarity/progressivity and the aspective-lingual deduction are treated rather briefly.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
When submitting a paper the author agrees to the following publishing agreement and processing personal data.
PUBLICATION AGREEMENT, COPYRIGHT LICENSE, PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING CONSENT
This is a publication agreement and copyright license (“Agreement”) regarding a written manuscript currently submitted via Pressto Platform
(“Article”) to be published in International Journal of Korean Humanities and Social Sciences (“Journal”).
The parties to this Agreement are:
the Author or Authors of the submitted article (individually, or if more than one author, collectively, “Author”) and International Journal of Korean Humanities and Social Sciences (“Publisher”), address al. Niepodległości 4, 61-874 Poznań, represented by its editor in chief Oh Kyong-Geun.
- 1. LICENSE OF COPYRIGHT
- a) The Author and the Publisher agree that the Author grants a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which is incorporated herein by reference and is further specified at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/deed.en copyright license in the Article to the general public.
- b) The Author grants to the Publisher a royalty-free, worldwide nonexclusive license to publish, reproduce, display, distribute, translate and use the Article in any form, either separately or as part of a collective work, including but not limited to a nonexclusive license to publish the Article in an issue of the Journal, copy and distribute individual reprints of the Article, authorize reproduction of the entire Article in another publication, and authorize reproduction and distribution of the Article or an abstract thereof by means of computerized retrieval systems (such as Westlaw, Lexis and SSRN). The Author retains ownership of all rights under copyright in the Article, and all rights not expressly granted in this Agreement.
- c) The Author grants to the Publisher the power to assign, sublicense or otherwise transfer any and all licenses expressly granted to the Publisher under this Agreement.
- d) Republication. The Author agrees to require that the Publisher be given credit as the original publisher in any republication of the Article authorized by the Author. If the Publisher authorizes any other party to republish the Article under the terms of paragraphs 1c and 1 of this Agreement, the Publisher shall require such party to ensure that the Author is credited as the Author.
- 2. EDITING OF THE ARTICLE
- a) The Author agrees that the Publisher may edit the Article as suitable for publication in the Journal. To the extent that the Publisher’s edits amount to copyrightable works of authorship, the Publisher hereby assigns all right, title, and interest in such edits to the Author.
- 3. WARRANTIES
- a) The Author represents and warrants that to the best of the Author’s knowledge the Article does not defame any person, does not invade the privacy of any person, and does not in any other manner infringe upon the rights of any person. The Author agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Publisher against all such claims.
- b) The Author represents and warrants that the Author has full power and authority to enter into this Agreement and to grant the licenses granted in this Agreement.
- c) The Author represents and warrants that the Article furnished to the Publisher has not been published previously. For purposes of this paragraph, making a copy of the Article accessible over the Internet, including, but not limited to, posting the Article to a database accessible over the Internet, does not constitute prior publication so long as the as such copy indicates that the Article is not in final form, such as by designating such copy to be a “draft,” a “working paper,” or “work-in-progress”. The Author agrees to hold harmless the Publisher, its licensees and distributees, from any claim, action, or proceeding alleging facts that constitute a breach of any warranty enumerated in this paragraph.
- 4. TERM
- a) The agreement was concluded for an unspecified time.
- 5. PAYMENT
- a) The Author agrees and acknowledges that the Author will receive no payment from the Publisher for use of the Article or the licenses granted in this Agreement.
- b) The Publisher agrees and acknowledges that the Publisher will not receive any payment from the Author for publication by the Publisher.
- 6. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
- a) This Agreement supersedes any and all other agreements, either oral or in writing, between the Author and the Publisher with respect to the subject of this Agreement. This Agreement contains all of the warranties and agreements between the parties with respect to the Article, and each party acknowledges that no representations, inducements, promises, or agreements have been made by or on behalf of any party except those warranties and agreements embodied in this Agreement.
- b) In all cases not regulated by this Agreement, legal provisions of Polish Copyright Act and Polish Civil Code shall apply.
- c) Any disputes arising from the enforcement of obligations connected with this Agreement shall be resolved by a court competent for the headquarters of the Publisher.
- d) Any amendments or additions to the Agreement must be made in writing and signed by authorised representative of both parties, otherwise being ineffective.
- e) This Agreement is signed electronically and the submission of the article via the PRESSto platform is considered as the conclusion of the Agreement by the Author and the Publisher.
- f) Clause for consent to the processing of personal data - general
- g) The Author shall give his or her consent to the processing of their personal data in accordance with the Act of 10 May 2018 on the protection of personal data and Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of persons physical in connection with the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (General Data Protection Regulation) for the purpose and in connection with making publications available on the PRESSto scientific journals platform, guaranteeing the security of services rendered, and improving them.
I HAVE READ AND AGREE FULLY WITH THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
The Author The Publisher
- Abraham, Werner; Kulikov, Leonid. (eds), 1999. Tense-aspect, transitivity and causativity: essays in honor of Vladimir Nedjalkov. Amsterdam/Philadelphia: John Benjamins Publishing Co.
- Ajdukiewicz, Kazimierz. 1964. Dowód i wyjaśnianie. Szkice filozoficzne Romanowi Ingardenowi w darze. Warszawa-Kraków: PWN, 211-220.
- Bańczerowski, Jerzy; Grzelak, Szymon. 2012. Translational quandaries and suggestions, Folia Orientalia 49, 41–55.
- Bańczerowski, J.; Oh, Kyong-geun. 2014. A draft proposal for a theory of aspect in Korean. Rocznik Orientalistyczny LXVII, 42-54.
- Binnick, R.J. (ed.). 2012. The Oxford handbook of tense and aspect. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Bogusławski, Andrzej. 2003. Aspekt i negacja. Warszawa: Katedra Lingwistyki Formalnej.
- Bogusławski, Andrzej. 2005. A note on the aspectual retarder in English- Russian and English-Polish translation. In: Stanulewicz, D.; Kalisz, R.; Kürschner, W.; Klaus, C. (eds.). 2005. De lingua et litteris. Studia in honorem Casimiri Andreae Sroka. Gdańsk: Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Gdańskiego, 399-406.
- Byon, Andrew Sangpil. 2010. Intermediate Korean. A grammar and workbook. Abingdon: Routledge.
- Chang, Suk-jin. 1973. Some aspects of aspect: duration and completion. Language Research 9.2 (in Korean).
- Chang, Suk-Jin. 1996. Korean. Amsterdam: John Benjamins Publishing Co.
- Chung, Kyung-Sook. 2012. Space in tense: the interaction of tense, aspect, evidentiality, and speech acts in Korean. Amsterdam/Philadelphia: John Benjamins Publishing Co.
- Comrie, B. 1976. Aspect. An introduction to the study of verbal aspect and related problems. Cambridge: University Press.
- Czarnecki, T. 1998. Aspektualität im Polnischen und Deutschen. Gdańsk: Uniwersytet Gdański.
- Dahl, Östen 1985. Tense and aspect systems. Oxford: Basil Blackwell.
- Forsyth, J. 1970. A grammar of aspect. Usage and meaning in the Russian verb. Cambridge: University Press.
- Galton, A. 1984. The logic of aspect. An axiomatic approach. Oxford: Clarendon Press.
- Holvoet, A. 1989. Aspekt a modalność w języku polskim na tle ogólnosłowiańskim. Wrocław: Ossolineum.
- Ihm, Ho Bin; Hong, Kyung Pyo; Chang, Suk In. 2001. Korean grammar for international learners. Seoul: Yonsei University Press.
- Karolak, S. (ed.). 1995, 1997. Semantika i struktura slavjanskogo vida. I–II. Kraków: Wydawnictwo Naukowe WSP.
- Kholodovič, A.A. 1954. Očerk grammatiki korejskogo jazyka. Moskva: Izdat’el’stvo lit’eratury na innostrannyx jazykax.
- Kim, Eun-Hae. 2009. A comparative study of the progressive aspect: Czech & Slovak languages vs. Korean & Japanese languages. Исследованиа по слaвянским яыкам 14.1, 97-106.
- Kim, Jong-Bok. 2011. Ambiguities in the Korean –KO ISSTA imperfective construction. Korean Journal of Linguistics. 36.4, 863-885.
- Kim, Sung Hwa. 1990. A study of aspect of present-day Korean language. Seoul: Hanshin Publishing.
- Kim, Won Bo. 2011. An analysis of English tense and aspect errors in Korean-English translation. Beonyeokhak Yeongu 12.4, 231-262.
- Kim-Renaud, Young-Key. 2009. Korean. An essential grammar. New York: Routledge.
- Lee, Chungmin. 1982. Aspects of aspect in Korean. Linguistic Journal of Korea. 7:2. 570–582.
- Mehlig, H.R. 1998. Aspekt, Negation und referentieller Status verbaler Prädikationen. Slavische Linguistik 1997. München: Sagner, 123–142.
- Młynarczyk, Anna. 2004. Aspectual pairing in Polish. Utrecht: LOT Publishing.
- Mun, Suk-Yong. 2009. Hangugeo-eui sijebeomju. Seoul: Taehaksa.
- Ono, Tsuyoshi. 1992. The grammaticalisation of the Japanese verbs oku and shimau. Cognitive Linguistics. 3.4, 367-390.
- Park, Jin-Ho. 2011. Tense, aspect and modality. Gugeohak 60.4, 289-422.
- Pultr, Alois. 1960. Lehrbuch der koreanischen Sprache. Halle (Saale): VEB Max Niemeyer Verlag.
- Ramchand, G. C. 2008. Perfectivity as aspectual definiteness: Time and the event in Russian. Lingua 118, 1690-1715.
- Rhee, Seongha. 2008. At the borderland of lexis and grammar: Grammaticalizing perfective markers in Korean. Discourse and Cognition 15.3, 29–59.
- Schwenk, H.-J. 2007a. Flexion oder Dervation. Zum Status der Aspektkategorie im slavischen Sprachsystem und angrenzende Probleme. In: Grucza, S. (ed.). 2007. W kręgu teorii i praktyki lingwistycznej. Warszawa, 281–309.
- Schwenk, H.-J. 2007b. Aspekt, Aktionsart und deverbale Derivation: Morphologie ein Gradmesser für aspektuelle Paarigkeit? Kwartalnik Neofilologiczny 1, 26–55.
- Sohn, Ho-Min. 1999. The Korean language. Cambridge: University Press.
- Sohn, Sung-Ock S. 1995. Tense and aspect in Korean. Honolulu: University of Hawaii.
- Sommers, Fred. 1982. The logic of natural language. Oxford: Clarendon Press.
- Sørensen, F. (ed.). 1986. Aspects of aspect. Three studies on aspect in English, French and Russian. Copenhagen: Busck.
- Szwedek, A. 1998. Dokonana interpretacja niektórych polskich czasowników niedokonanych: współdziałanie leksykonu, gramatyki i tekstu. Studia Linguistica Polono-Meridianoslavica 9, 61-68.
- Verkyul, H. J. 1972. On the compositional nature of the aspects. Foundations of Language Supplementary Series vol. 15, Dordecht: D. Reidel.
- Yang, In-seok. 1977. Progressive and perfective aspects in Korean. Eoneo (Language). 2.1, 25-40.