Main Article Content
When submitting a paper the author agrees to the following publishing agreement and processing personal data.
PUBLICATION AGREEMENT, COPYRIGHT LICENSE, PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING CONSENT
This is a publication agreement and copyright license (“Agreement”) regarding a written manuscript currently submitted via Pressto Platform
(“Article”) to be published in International Journal of Korean Humanities and Social Sciences (“Journal”).
The parties to this Agreement are:
the Author or Authors of the submitted article (individually, or if more than one author, collectively, “Author”) and International Journal of Korean Humanities and Social Sciences (“Publisher”), address al. Niepodległości 4, 61-874 Poznań, represented by its editor in chief Oh Kyong-Geun.
- 1. LICENSE OF COPYRIGHT
- a) The Author and the Publisher agree that the Author grants a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which is incorporated herein by reference and is further specified at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/deed.en copyright license in the Article to the general public.
- b) The Author grants to the Publisher a royalty-free, worldwide nonexclusive license to publish, reproduce, display, distribute, translate and use the Article in any form, either separately or as part of a collective work, including but not limited to a nonexclusive license to publish the Article in an issue of the Journal, copy and distribute individual reprints of the Article, authorize reproduction of the entire Article in another publication, and authorize reproduction and distribution of the Article or an abstract thereof by means of computerized retrieval systems (such as Westlaw, Lexis and SSRN). The Author retains ownership of all rights under copyright in the Article, and all rights not expressly granted in this Agreement.
- c) The Author grants to the Publisher the power to assign, sublicense or otherwise transfer any and all licenses expressly granted to the Publisher under this Agreement.
- d) Republication. The Author agrees to require that the Publisher be given credit as the original publisher in any republication of the Article authorized by the Author. If the Publisher authorizes any other party to republish the Article under the terms of paragraphs 1c and 1 of this Agreement, the Publisher shall require such party to ensure that the Author is credited as the Author.
- 2. EDITING OF THE ARTICLE
- a) The Author agrees that the Publisher may edit the Article as suitable for publication in the Journal. To the extent that the Publisher’s edits amount to copyrightable works of authorship, the Publisher hereby assigns all right, title, and interest in such edits to the Author.
- 3. WARRANTIES
- a) The Author represents and warrants that to the best of the Author’s knowledge the Article does not defame any person, does not invade the privacy of any person, and does not in any other manner infringe upon the rights of any person. The Author agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Publisher against all such claims.
- b) The Author represents and warrants that the Author has full power and authority to enter into this Agreement and to grant the licenses granted in this Agreement.
- c) The Author represents and warrants that the Article furnished to the Publisher has not been published previously. For purposes of this paragraph, making a copy of the Article accessible over the Internet, including, but not limited to, posting the Article to a database accessible over the Internet, does not constitute prior publication so long as the as such copy indicates that the Article is not in final form, such as by designating such copy to be a “draft,” a “working paper,” or “work-in-progress”. The Author agrees to hold harmless the Publisher, its licensees and distributees, from any claim, action, or proceeding alleging facts that constitute a breach of any warranty enumerated in this paragraph.
- 4. TERM
- a) The agreement was concluded for an unspecified time.
- 5. PAYMENT
- a) The Author agrees and acknowledges that the Author will receive no payment from the Publisher for use of the Article or the licenses granted in this Agreement.
- b) The Publisher agrees and acknowledges that the Publisher will not receive any payment from the Author for publication by the Publisher.
- 6. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
- a) This Agreement supersedes any and all other agreements, either oral or in writing, between the Author and the Publisher with respect to the subject of this Agreement. This Agreement contains all of the warranties and agreements between the parties with respect to the Article, and each party acknowledges that no representations, inducements, promises, or agreements have been made by or on behalf of any party except those warranties and agreements embodied in this Agreement.
- b) In all cases not regulated by this Agreement, legal provisions of Polish Copyright Act and Polish Civil Code shall apply.
- c) Any disputes arising from the enforcement of obligations connected with this Agreement shall be resolved by a court competent for the headquarters of the Publisher.
- d) Any amendments or additions to the Agreement must be made in writing and signed by authorised representative of both parties, otherwise being ineffective.
- e) This Agreement is signed electronically and the submission of the article via the PRESSto platform is considered as the conclusion of the Agreement by the Author and the Publisher.
- f) Clause for consent to the processing of personal data - general
- g) The Author shall give his or her consent to the processing of their personal data in accordance with the Act of 10 May 2018 on the protection of personal data and Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of persons physical in connection with the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (General Data Protection Regulation) for the purpose and in connection with making publications available on the PRESSto scientific journals platform, guaranteeing the security of services rendered, and improving them.
I HAVE READ AND AGREE FULLY WITH THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
The Author The Publisher
- Byington, Mark. 2002. The Creation of an Ancient Minority Nationality: Koguryo in Chinese Historiography, 14. Harvard University. http://congress.aks.ac.kr/korean/files/2_1358750029.pdf (accessed May 24, 2014).
- Byington, Mark. 2004. The War of Words Between South Korea and China Over An Ancient Kingdom: Why Both Sides Are Misguided,( October 9), http://historynewsnetwork.org/article/7077#sthash.rsCQE73r.dpuf (accessed May 25, 2014).
- Chen, Dingding. 2012. Domestic Politics, National Identity, and International Conflict: the case of the Koguryo controversy. Journal of Contemporary China 21 (74) : 227-241.
- Choe, Sang-Hun. 2006. Tussle over a vanished kingdom - Asia - Pacific - International Herald Tribune. The New York Times, October 12. http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/12/world/asia/12iht-history.3134615.html?pagewanted=all&_r=2& (accessed May 24, 2014).
- Chon, Ho Chon. 1997. Kitora Tomb Originates in Koguryo Murals. http://www1.korea-np.co.jp/pk/035th_issue/98032502.htm (accessed May 22, 2014).
- Gries, Peter Hays. 2005. The Koguryo Controversy, National Identity, and Sino-Korean Relations Today; East Asia, http://www.ou.edu/uschina/gries/articles/texts/Gries2005KoguryoEAIQ.pdf (accessed May 20, 2014)
- Ho, Tae Jeon. 2011. lecture on Takamatsu and Kitora Tombs of Japan, May 19, in Portland State University. H-Japan, April 28, 2011. http://h-net.msu.edu/cgi-bin/logbrowse.pl?trx=vx&list=hjapan&month=1104&week=e&msg=xC5NX3yt4FCwfOudrkESUw&user=&pw= (accessed May 22, 2014).
- Kim, Lena (ed.). 2004. World Cultural Heritage. Koguryo Tomb Murals, ICOMOS- Korea, Cultural Properties Administration https://books.google.pl/books?id=xR-GBgAAQBAJ&pg=PA105&lpg=PA105&dq=%E2%80%9CKoguryo+Tombs:+Past+and+Present%E2%80%9D&source=bl&ots=QHYNV2sMkO&sig=LQSoFhM8Ts9eH1i_q4g8uouUIIk&hl=pl&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjE27Hv0ofRAhUGfiwKHSAaBIEQ6AEIKTAC#v=onepage&q=%E2%80%9CKoguryo%20Tombs%3A%20Past%20and%20Present%E2%80%9D&f=false (accessed May 21, 2014)
- Kim, Christopher. F. 5,000 years of History, Archeology, Nationalism, and Politics in Korea. Brown University. https://www.brown.edu/Departments/Joukowsky_Institute/undergrad/prizes/Kim2013.pdf (accessed May 20, 2014)
- Lankov, Andrei. 2006. "China and Korea can't escape their pasts. History News Network (September 16), http://historynewsnetwork.org/article/30047#sthash.HlUqfuRZ.dpuf (accessed May 21, 2014).
- Lee, Soon Keun. 2005. On the Historical Succession of Goguryeo in Northeast Asia. Korea Journal, 45 (1): 172-201.
- Park, Kyeong-chul. 2004. History of Koguryo and China's Northeast Project, ed. Choi Deok-soo. International Journal of Korean History, 6. Center for Korean History, Institute of Korean Culture.
- Park, Min-hee. 2013. China conducting closed research into ancient Korean dynasty. The hankyoreh ( January 26), http://english.hani.co.kr/arti/english_edition/e_international/571401.html (accessed May 19, 2014).
- Scofield, David. 2003. Northeast Asia's Intra-mural Mural Wars. Asia Times Online CO. http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Korea/EL23Dg01.html (accessed May 23, 2014).
- Seo, Jungmin. 2008. The Politics of Historiography in China: Contextualizing the Koguryo Controversy. Asian Perspective, 32 (3) : 39- 58.
- Taylor, Washburn. 2012. Goguryeo Ghosts: China’s History Dilemma and the Future of Sino-Korean Relations. SAIS U.S.-Korea Yearbook. http://uskoreainstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Washburn_YB2012.pdf ( accessed May 20, 2014)
- World Heritage List. http://whc.unesco.org/pg.cfm?cid=31 (accessed May 24, 2014).
- Yonson, Ahn. 2006-a. Competing Nationalism: The mobilization of history and archeology in the Korea-China wars over Koguryo/Gaogouli. The Asia-Pacific Journal: Japan Focus, http://japanfocus.org/-Yonson-Ahn/1837 (accessed May 22, 2014).
- Yonson, Ahn. 2006-b. The Korea-China Textbook War-What's It All About? . History News Network (September 13), http://hnn.us/articles/21617.html (accessed May 22, 2014).
- Two Koreas in Joint Response to China's Koguryo Distortions. The Chosunilbo, May 07. http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2005/03/07/2005030761036.html (accessed May 23, 2014).
- Koguryo Research Foundation Visiting International Scholar Research Fellowship Program (February 01), http://www.international.ucla.edu/asia/article/38282 (accessed May 24, 2014).