An international quarterly, the Biodiversity: Research and Conservation (Biodiv. Res. Conserv.) publishes original papers, short notes and reviews in fields of plant, fungi and lichens taxonomy, chorology, ecology and nature conservation. Preferences are given to works concerning contemporary transformations of biodiversity.
Editorial and review procedure
- The suitability of manuscripts will be independently evaluated by the members of the Editorial Board and referees selected by the editors.
- Any other problems related to the preparation of manuscripts for publishing should be clarified with the editors.
- The editorial staff will keep the authors informed on the successive stages of editorial processing of their works.
- All information will be send to the author’s correspondence address.
- Each publication is subject to a single blind review and is reviewed by two independent reviewers not affiliated with the home institution/s of the author/s.
- A review contains a clear conclusion on the conditions of manuscript approval or rejection.
- The criteria on which the article is assessed are included in the Work Assessment Form (https://uam-my.sharepoint.com/:b:/g/personal/zcelka_amu_edu_pl/EdC8GCYz7ypNstNJ-App5zoBD7D7AIFRMsA_p97zizkpZQ?e=2wThKx).
- An annual list of reviewers is published once per year in the year-end issue both on the journal’s website and in the printed version. The names of reviewers contributing to individual issues of the journal are not revealed to authors or to other reviewers.
- Submission of a manuscript indicates a tacit understanding that the paper is not actively under consideration for publication in other journals.
- After completing the review process, a corresponding author, on behalf of all authors, will be asked to send the signed declaration of License to Publish.
- The Journal does not provide off-prints to authors and does not have article processing charges (APCs), nor article submission charges.
- For the purchase of a print version please contact Publishing House “Kontekst”.
- For subscription orders please contact the Editorial Secretary.
Biodiversity: Research and Conservation makes every effort to ensure the highest scientific ethical standards for all submissions and to prevent cases of ‘ghostwriting’ and ‘guest authorship’. A corresponding author, on behalf of all authors, will be required to complete and submit to the above e-mail address, the signed Research Funding and Author Contribution Statement (as a scanned attachment) to indicate the contributions of all authors and the source(s) of research funding.
The original version of the Journal is a printed version. The Journal does not provide off-prints to authors and does not have article processing charges (APCs), except for charges for colour printing, nor article submission charges.
The editorial board is participating in a growing community of Similarity Check System's users in order to ensure that the content published is original and trustworthy. Similarity Check is a medium that allows for comprehensive manuscripts screening, aimed to eliminate plagiarism and provide a high standard and quality peer-review process.
Sciendo archives the contents of this journal in Portico – digital long-term preservation service of scholarly books, journals and collections.