Main Article Content
The article focuses on a preliminary comparative analysis of clauses of lease objects incivil contracts of Korean and Polish law. The research methods include Kierzkowska’s pragmatictranslation model (2002) as well as Vermeer’s model of skopos and the comparison parallel texts.The analysis is preceded by a short introduction on the legal systems of the Republic of Poland andthe Republic of South Korea, presented as a kind of compromise worked out in the need toreconcile tradition and meeting the requirements of globalization along with the progress ofcivilization. The main part of the article analyzes the translation of the lease object clause in thelease contract, starting from its description and characteristics of the contract objects throughpointing out the terms and conditions of transfer or return of the lease object to the tenant. Thearticle aims at pointing presenting the analysis of legal language used in the pertinent contractclause in translation context. It also presents grammatical and lexical issues typical in Polish-Korean translation.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
When submitting a paper the author agrees to the following publishing agreement and processing personal data.
PUBLICATION AGREEMENT, COPYRIGHT LICENSE, PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING CONSENT
This is a publication agreement and copyright license (“Agreement”) regarding a written manuscript currently submitted via Pressto platform
(“Article”) to be published in Comparative Legilinguistics International Journal for Legal Communication (“Journal”).
The parties to this Agreement are:
the Author or Authors of the submitted article (individually, or if more than one author, collectively, “Author”) and Comparative Legilinguistics International Journal for Legal Communication (“Publisher”), address al. Niepodległości 4, 61-874 Poznań, represented by its editor in chief Aleksandra Matulewska.
§1. LICENSE OF COPYRIGHT
a) The Author and the Publisher agree that the Author grants a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which is incorporated herein by reference and is further specified at Creative Commons — Attribution 4.0 International — CC BY 4.0 copyright license in the Article to the general public.
b) The Author grants to the Publisher a royalty-free, worldwide nonexclusive license to publish, reproduce, display, distribute, translate and use the Article in any form, either separately or as part of a collective work, including but not limited to a nonexclusive license to publish the Article in an issue of the Journal, copy and distribute individual reprints of the Article, authorize reproduction of the entire Article in another publication, and authorize reproduction and distribution of the Article or an abstract thereof by means of computerized retrieval systems (such as Westlaw, Lexis and SSRN). The Author retains ownership of all rights under copyright in the Article, and all rights not expressly granted in this Agreement.
c) The Author grants to the Publisher the power to assign, sublicense or otherwise transfer any and all licenses expressly granted to the Publisher under this Agreement.
d) Republication. The Author agrees to require that the Publisher be given credit as the original publisher in any republication of the Article authorized by the Author. If the Publisher authorizes any other party to republish the Article under the terms of paragraphs 1c and 1 of this Agreement, the Publisher shall require such party to ensure that the Author is credited as the Author.
§2. EDITING OF THE ARTICLE
a) The Author agrees that the Publisher may edit the Article as suitable for publication in the Journal. To the extent that the Publisher’s edits amount to copyrightable works of authorship, the Publisher hereby assigns all right, title, and interest in such edits to the Author.
a) The Author represents and warrants that to the best of the Author’s knowledge the Article does not defame any person, does not invade the privacy of any person, and does not in any other manner infringe upon the rights of any person. The Author agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Publisher against all such claims.
b) The Author represents and warrants that the Author has full power and authority to enter into this Agreement and to grant the licenses granted in this Agreement.
c) The Author represents and warrants that the Article furnished to the Publisher has not been published previously. For purposes of this paragraph, making a copy of the Article accessible over the Internet, including, but not limited to, posting the Article to a database accessible over the Internet, does not constitute prior publication so long as the as such copy indicates that the Article is not in final form, such as by designating such copy to be a “draft,” a “working paper,” or “work-in-progress”. The Author agrees to hold harmless the Publisher, its licensees and distributees, from any claim, action, or proceeding alleging facts that constitute a breach of any warranty enumerated in this paragraph.
a) The agreement was concluded for an unspecified time.
a) The Author agrees and acknowledges that the Author will receive no payment from the Publisher for use of the Article or the licenses granted in this Agreement.
b) The Publisher agrees and acknowledges that the Publisher will not receive any payment from the Author for publication by the Publisher.
§6. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
a) This Agreement supersedes any and all other agreements, either oral or in writing, between the Author and the Publisher with respect to the subject of this Agreement. This Agreement contains all of the warranties and agreements between the parties with respect to the Article, and each party acknowledges that no representations, inducements, promises, or agreements have been made by or on behalf of any party except those warranties and agreements embodied in this Agreement.
b) In all cases not regulated by this Agreement, legal provisions of Polish Copyright Act and Polish Civil Code shall apply.
c) Any disputes arising from the enforcement of obligations connected with this Agreement shall be resolved by a court competent for the headquarters of the Publisher.
d) Any amendments or additions to the Agreement must be made in writing and signed by authorised representative of both parties, otherwise being ineffective.
e) This Agreement is signed electronically and the submission of the article via the PRESSto platform is considered as the conclusion of the Agreement by the Author and the Publisher.
f) Clause for consent to the processing of personal data - general
g) The Author shall give his or her consent to the processing of their personal data in accordance with the Act of 10 May 2018 on the protection of personal data and Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of persons physical in connection with the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (General Data Protection Regulation) for the purpose and in connection with making publications available on the PRESSto scientific journals platform and DeGruyter platform, guaranteeing the security of services rendered, and improving them.
I HAVE READ AND AGREE FULLY WITH THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
The Author The Publisher
- Delisle J. (et al., ed.) 1999, Translation Terminology. Amsterdam/Philadephia: John Benjamins Publishing Company.
- Fabricius-Hansen, Cathrine, 2007, Paralleltext und Übersetzung in
- sprachwissenschaftlicher Sicht, W: Übersetzung, Translation, Traduction. Ein internationales Handbuch zur Übersetzungsforschung, red. H. Kittel et al., 322-329. Berlin/New York: de Gruyter.
- Grucza, Franciszek 1994, O językach specjalistycznych (=technolektach) jako pewnychskładnikach rzeczywistych języków ludzkich, W: Języki specjalistyczne,
- F. Grucza/ Z. Kozłowska (red.), 7-27. Warszawa: Wydawnictwo „Akapit”.
- Hahm Pyong-Choon, 1967 i nast., The Korean political tradition and law, Seoul, Royal Asiatic Society Korea Branch.
- Introduction to Korean Law, 2013, ed. Korea Legislation Research Institute, Springer Heidelberg-New York-Dordrecht-London.
- Kim Kipyo, 2013. Overview. W: Introduction to Korean Law, 2013, ed. Korea Legislation Research Institute, Springer Heidelberg-New York-Dordrecht- London.
- Im, Ho-Bin (ed.) 2001. Korean grammar for international learners. Yonsei University Press, Seoul.
- Kaczmarek K., Matulewska A., 2010. Comparison of parallel texts of petitions in Polish- Hungarian and Polish-English translation. W: Across Languages and Cultures. Akadémiai Kiadó, Vol. 11, no. 1, June 2010, 67-81.
- Kielar, B. 2013, Zarys translatoryki, Warszawa: Wydawnictwo Naukowe Instytutu Kulturologii i Lingwistyki Antropocentrycznej
- Kierzkowska, Danuta. 2002. Tłumaczenie prawnicze, Warszawa: Translegis.
- Kodeks Tłumacza Przysięgłego (http://www.tepis.org.pl/towarzystwo/ktp.pdf, dostęp online 22.12.2013 r.)
- Kubacki, A., 2008. Zestawienie niemieckich i polskich ekwiwalentów nazw władzy sądowniczej W: Lingua Legis, marzec 2008, 52-67.
- Kubacki, A., Wowro I., 2006, Europejskie modele ustanawiania tłumaczy przysięgłych oraz kryteria dopuszczające do wykonywania zawodu w wybranych krajach Unii Europejskiej, W: Rozwój lokalny i regionalny po wejściu Polski do Unii Europejskiej Tom 2. (red.) A. Barcik i R. Barcik, 228-240, Bielsko Biała: Wydawnictwo Naukowe ATH, Bielsko Biała.
- Lee Iksop, Ramsey Robert S., 2000, The Korean Language, SUNY Press, Seoul.
- Matulewska, A. 2013. Legilinguistic Translatology. A Parametric Approach to Legal Translation. Linguistic Insights vol. 171. Bern: Peter Lang.
- Matulewska, Aleksandra. 2007. Lingua Legis in Translation. Frankfurt am Main: Peter Lang GmbH.
- Matulewska, Aleksandra. 2010. Teksty paralelne a ustalanie konotatów i denotatów na potrzeby przekładu polsko-angielskiego. W: Legilingwistyka porównawcza, Tom 3/2010, 57-69, Poznań: UAM.
- Mo, Jongryn, Brady D.W. (ed.), 2010, The rule of Law in South Korea, Stanford: Hoover Institution Press,Stanford University.
- Neubert A. 1996, Textlinguistics of Translation: The Textual Approach to Translation. In: Marilyn Gaddis Rose (ed.). Translation Horizons Beyond the Boundaries of Translation Spectrum. Translation Perspectives IX., 87-105. Binghamton: Center for Research in Translation.
- Pieńkos, J. 2003, Podstawy przekładoznawstwa, Kraków.
- Radwański, Z., 2005, Prawo cywilne – część ogólna. Warszawa: Beck.
- Redelbach, A., 2002, Wstęp do prawoznawstwa, Toruń, Towarzystwo Naukowe Organizacji i Kierownictwa, Stowarzyszenie Wyższej Użyteczności „Dom Organizatora”.
- Šarčević, S. 2000. New Approach to Legal Translation. The Hague: Kluwer Law International.
- Smith S. A. 1995, Culture Clash: Anglo-American Case Law and German Civil Law in Translation. Translation and the Law, Marshall Morris (ed.). 179-197, Amsterdam/Philadelphia: John Benjamins Publishing Company.
- Sohn, Ho-Min, 1999, 2001. The Korean Language, Cambridge University Press, London.
- Strona Słownika Koreańsko-Koreańskiego: http://krdic.naver.com