About the Journal
Focus and Scope
Folia Scandinavica Posnanienia’s main aim is to share and popularize the results of current research in the fields of Scandinavian linguistics, literature, history and culture. So far the majority of our authors have been scholars from Eastern Europe and Scandinavia but we also encourage contributions form other corners of the academic world.
Up until recently FSP has been known to publish one volume a year but our publishing frequency has just been doubled – as of 2015 FSP will be publishing two volumes per year (one in July and another one at the end of the year). Papers submitted to FSP may be written in English, German as well as the mainland Scandinavian languages.
Peer Review Process
All articles submitted for publication in FSP are subject to a double-blind peer review procedure. The review procedure carried out at FSP meets the requirements of the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education.
Here is a step-by-step description of our peer review procedure:
- The Assistant to the Editors at FSP receives your article.
- Your article is read by the FSP Editors and/or Section Editors. At this stage we check whether your text meets our basic requirements and make sure that it has all the necessary references and that it follows our layout requirements. If the FSP staff have no objections to the above, they choose the text’s future reviewers.
- An anonymized version of your text is sent to two anonymous referees, who do not know your particulars and will not know them until the article is published. When choosing referees for a particular article we make sure that there is no conflict of interest between the author and either of the reviewers.
- The referees send their reviews of your text to the Editors. On the basis of the reviews FSP’s Editors decide whether your article can be published in our journal. If the two referees’ reviews and opinions on the article vary significantly from each other, we may commission a third review.
- You receive anonymized versions of the reviews, often along with the Editors’ guidelines as to what adjustments need to be made (if any).
- You send the final version of your text to the Assistant to the Editors.
- If there are no further objections to the article’s content, FSP’s Technical Editors prepare the final version of your article.
- You receive the final version of your article for a final proof reading and acceptation.
- Your article is published in FSP.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
ANTI-PLAGIARISM POLICY AND GHOST-WRITING PREVENTION
The Editors of Folia Scandinavica Posnaniensia are committed to a policy of academic fairness. PLEASE NOTE that each and any author engaging in such practices as plagiarism and ghost-writing will be subject to academic sanctions.
It is one of our duties as editors of a scholarly journal to prevent ghost-writing, guest authorship and honorary authorship. This applies mainly to texts that are co-written by multiple authors. When submitting articles for publication in FSP authors may be asked to reveal how much each of the authors has contributed to the creation of the text in question and how. Authors may also be asked to submit a financial disclosure i.e. state what institutions have financed the research that a submitted article is based on (if applicable). Each and any discovered instance of ghost-writing, guest authorship and honorary authorship will be revealed and authors engaging in such practice will be subject to academic sanctions.
Artur Jazdon, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań
Henrik Jørgensen, Aarhus University
Dr hab Wojciech Krawczuk, Jagiellonian University in Kraków
Gert Kreutzer, University of Cologne
Michał Larek, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań
Svein Lie, University of Oslo
Christer Lindqvist, Ernst Moritz Arndt University of Greifswald
Witold Maciejewski, University of Social Sciences and Humanities, Warszawa
Jakub Morawiec, University of Silesia in Katowice
Bolesław Mrozewicz, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań
Randi Nilsen, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim
Elisabeth Oxfeldt, University of Oslo
Bernard Piotrowski, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań
lse Ryen, University of Oslo
Sylwia Izabela Schab, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań
Stephan Michael Schröder, University of Cologne
Maria Sibińska, Gdańsk
Folia Scandinavica Posnaniensia was founded at the Department of Scandinavian Studies, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań (Poland) in 1992. Volumes 1 through 10 were published by AMU Press. In 2010 FSP’s Editors decided to make the journal an Open access one and so FSP became available online, at first exclusively via the Adam Mickiewicz University Repository. At the same time the Editors decided to occasionally publish special issues of the journal in paper format. As of volume 14 (2012) Folia Scandinavica Posnaniensia is published by De Gruyter Open (formerly Versita Open).