Main Article Content
Korean legendary film director Kim Ki-Young’s 1960 work The Housemaid was remade in 2010 by director Im Sang-Soo. The study of the two films can be found as a comparative study of cinematic studies on sound analysis and genre analysis, and a sociological study on social images. However, few studies have looked with a discourse oriented approach. Discourse in the movie is not only a window for communication between characters, but also an important device with non-verbal elements, so it can be said to be discourse has a high importance as an analysis target. This study analyzes the film discourse according to Erving Goffman’s dramaturgical analysis to find out the differences between the characters. This study can be said is meaningful in that it has the characteristics of interdisciplinary research in linguistics and film studies through discourse analysis of two films with different periods.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
When submitting a paper the author agrees to the following publishing agreement and processing personal data.
PUBLICATION AGREEMENT, COPYRIGHT LICENSE, PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING CONSENT
This is a publication agreement and copyright license (“Agreement”) regarding a written manuscript currently submitted via Pressto Platform
(“Article”) to be published in International Journal of Korean Humanities and Social Sciences (“Journal”).
The parties to this Agreement are:
the Author or Authors of the submitted article (individually, or if more than one author, collectively, “Author”) and International Journal of Korean Humanities and Social Sciences (“Publisher”), address al. Niepodległości 4, 61-874 Poznań, represented by its editor in chief Oh Kyong-Geun.
- 1. LICENSE OF COPYRIGHT
- a) The Author and the Publisher agree that the Author grants a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which is incorporated herein by reference and is further specified at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/deed.en copyright license in the Article to the general public.
- b) The Author grants to the Publisher a royalty-free, worldwide nonexclusive license to publish, reproduce, display, distribute, translate and use the Article in any form, either separately or as part of a collective work, including but not limited to a nonexclusive license to publish the Article in an issue of the Journal, copy and distribute individual reprints of the Article, authorize reproduction of the entire Article in another publication, and authorize reproduction and distribution of the Article or an abstract thereof by means of computerized retrieval systems (such as Westlaw, Lexis and SSRN). The Author retains ownership of all rights under copyright in the Article, and all rights not expressly granted in this Agreement.
- c) The Author grants to the Publisher the power to assign, sublicense or otherwise transfer any and all licenses expressly granted to the Publisher under this Agreement.
- d) Republication. The Author agrees to require that the Publisher be given credit as the original publisher in any republication of the Article authorized by the Author. If the Publisher authorizes any other party to republish the Article under the terms of paragraphs 1c and 1 of this Agreement, the Publisher shall require such party to ensure that the Author is credited as the Author.
- 2. EDITING OF THE ARTICLE
- a) The Author agrees that the Publisher may edit the Article as suitable for publication in the Journal. To the extent that the Publisher’s edits amount to copyrightable works of authorship, the Publisher hereby assigns all right, title, and interest in such edits to the Author.
- 3. WARRANTIES
- a) The Author represents and warrants that to the best of the Author’s knowledge the Article does not defame any person, does not invade the privacy of any person, and does not in any other manner infringe upon the rights of any person. The Author agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Publisher against all such claims.
- b) The Author represents and warrants that the Author has full power and authority to enter into this Agreement and to grant the licenses granted in this Agreement.
- c) The Author represents and warrants that the Article furnished to the Publisher has not been published previously. For purposes of this paragraph, making a copy of the Article accessible over the Internet, including, but not limited to, posting the Article to a database accessible over the Internet, does not constitute prior publication so long as the as such copy indicates that the Article is not in final form, such as by designating such copy to be a “draft,” a “working paper,” or “work-in-progress”. The Author agrees to hold harmless the Publisher, its licensees and distributees, from any claim, action, or proceeding alleging facts that constitute a breach of any warranty enumerated in this paragraph.
- 4. TERM
- a) The agreement was concluded for an unspecified time.
- 5. PAYMENT
- a) The Author agrees and acknowledges that the Author will receive no payment from the Publisher for use of the Article or the licenses granted in this Agreement.
- b) The Publisher agrees and acknowledges that the Publisher will not receive any payment from the Author for publication by the Publisher.
- 6. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
- a) This Agreement supersedes any and all other agreements, either oral or in writing, between the Author and the Publisher with respect to the subject of this Agreement. This Agreement contains all of the warranties and agreements between the parties with respect to the Article, and each party acknowledges that no representations, inducements, promises, or agreements have been made by or on behalf of any party except those warranties and agreements embodied in this Agreement.
- b) In all cases not regulated by this Agreement, legal provisions of Polish Copyright Act and Polish Civil Code shall apply.
- c) Any disputes arising from the enforcement of obligations connected with this Agreement shall be resolved by a court competent for the headquarters of the Publisher.
- d) Any amendments or additions to the Agreement must be made in writing and signed by authorised representative of both parties, otherwise being ineffective.
- e) This Agreement is signed electronically and the submission of the article via the PRESSto platform is considered as the conclusion of the Agreement by the Author and the Publisher.
- f) Clause for consent to the processing of personal data - general
- g) The Author shall give his or her consent to the processing of their personal data in accordance with the Act of 10 May 2018 on the protection of personal data and Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of persons physical in connection with the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (General Data Protection Regulation) for the purpose and in connection with making publications available on the PRESSto scientific journals platform, guaranteeing the security of services rendered, and improving them.
I HAVE READ AND AGREE FULLY WITH THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
The Author The Publisher
- Chinese-Korean Naver Dictionary. 2020. https://zh.dict.naver.com/#/entry/kozh/ed4edc0b26c74b6c9251aa9484e5b164, accessed December 28, 2020.
- Cho, Kuk-Hyun (조국현). 1999. 의사소통 기능 분류의 타당성 문제: Searle 이 제시한 화행 분류기준의 고찰 Uisasotong Gineung Bullyu-ui Tadangseong Munje: Searle i Jesihan Hwahaeng Bullyu-gijun-ui gochal (Kritik an Searles Sprachakttypologie: Die Frage nach der Adaquatheit der Kriterien fur die Typologie der Kommunikativen Funktion). 독일문학 Dok-il Munhag (German Literature) 40 (3): 529-549.
- Goffman, Erving. 1956. The Presentation of Self in Everyday Life. New York: A Doubleday Anchor Original.
- Jung, Hee-Ja (정희자). 2008. 담화와 문법 Damhwa-wa munbeob. (Discourse and Grammar). 서울: 한국문화사 Seoul: Korean Culture Company.
- Kim, Sung-Yeol (김성열). 2015. 상호작용 사회언어학에 근거한 영화의 담화분석 Sangho-jagyong Sahoe Eoneo-hag-e Geungeohan Yeonghwa-ui Damhwa Bunseog (Discourse Analysis of the English Movies Based on Interactional Sociolinguistics). 공주대학교 교육대학원 석사학위 논문 Gongju Daehaggyo Gyoyug Daehag-won Seoksa Hagwi Nonmun (Gongju University Graduate School of Education, M.A. Thesis).
- Kim, Sun-Jin (김선진). 2011. 영화 ‘하녀’의 근대성 인식 연구 – 1960년 김기영 감독작 하녀와 2010년 임상수 감독작 하녀 비교를 중심으로 Yeonghwa ‘Hanyeo’-ui Geundaeseong Insig Yeongu: 1960-nyeon Gim Giyeong Gamdogjag Hanyeo-wa 2010-nyeon Im Sang-su Gamdogjag Hanyeo Bigyo-reul Jungsim-euro (The Recognition of Modernity Represented in the Film Housemaid – Focused on Comparison Between Original Housemaid in 1960 and Remake Housemaid in 2010 –). 디지털 디자인학 연구 Dijiteol Dijain-hag Yeongu (Journal of Digital Design) 11 (1): 91-100.
- Korean Naver Dictionary. 2020. https://ko.dict.naver.com/#/entry/koko/a65353012d2149a58040aedd06155786, accessed December 28, 2020.
- Lee, Byoung-Gyu (이병규). 2015. 담화 기능과 그 체계 Damhwa Gineung-gwa geu Chegye (A Study on Discourse Function and the System). 반교어문연구 Bangyo eomun Yeongu (Journal of Bangyo Language and Literature) 41: 239-261.
- Lee, Chae-Won (이채원) 2011. 스릴러에서 블랙코미디로, 두 〈하녀〉 비교 연구 Seurilleo-eseo Beullaek Komidi-ro, Du 〈Hanyeo〉 Bigyo Yeongu (From a Thriller into a Black Comedy: a Comparative Study of an Original Film and the Remake Film). 문학과영상 Munhag-gwa Yeongsang (The Journal of Literature and Film) 12 (2): 507-540.
- Mok, Hae-jung (목혜정). 2010. 김기영〈하녀〉와 임상수〈하녀〉의 사운드 비교분석 Kim Ki-young 〈Hanyeo〉-wa Im Sang-soo 〈Hanyeo〉-ui Saundeu Bigyo Bunseog (The sound analysis and comparison of The Housemaid by Kim Ki-Young and The Housemaid by Im Sang-Soo), 씨네포럼 Ssine poreom (Cineforum) 11: 61-96.
- Role Distancing, http://sociologyindex.com/role_distancing.htm. Accessed November 3, 2020.
- Schiffrin, Deborah. 1994. Approaches to Discourse. Oxford: Blackwell.
- 하녀 Ha-nyeo (The Housemaid). 1960. Directed by Kim, Ki-Young (김기영). 한국문예영화사, 김기영프로덕션 (Hangug Mun-ye Yeonghwa-sa, Kim Ki-Yeong Peurodeogsyeon (Korean Literature Film History, Kim Ki-Young Production).
- 하녀 Ha-nyeo (The Housemaid). 2010. Directed by Im, Sang-Soo (임상수). 싸이더스, 미로비젼 Ssaideoseu, Mirobijyeon (Sidus, Mirovision).