Analyzing various classifications of sentence parts in Korean and Polish, it is easy to identify the existence of attributes in both of them, although the English term itself is not actually being used by Korean linguists, and thus might not be well known. Nevertheless, since the function of gwanhyeongeo (Kor. 관형어) in Korean, and attributes in Polish is similar, for the sake of transparency, this particular term will be used.
The aim of this article is to propose a comprehensive classification of attributes in both target languages based on formal, syntactic and semantic parameters. In order to do it in the most exhaustive way, firstly different approaches concerning the definition of attributes, as well as the methods of their classification, proposed by various linguists in both languages will be examined. The author hopes to find out to which extent the typological differences between Korean and Polish are reflected in the attributes’ properties, according to which they can be classified.
Ajdukiewicz, Kazimierz. 1965. Logika Pragmatyczna. Warszawa: PWN.
Arct, Michał. 1899. M. Arcta Słowniczek wyrazów obcych. Warszawa: M. Arcta. https://pl.wikisource.org/wiki/M._Arcta_Słowniczek_wyrazow_obcych/Atrybut (accessed September 18, 2016).
Bańczerowski, Jerzy; Pogonowski, Jerzy; Zgółka, Tadeusz. 1982. Wstęp do Językoznawstwa. Skrypt dla studentów studiów uniwersyteckich. Poznań: UAM.
Bąk, Piotr. 2004. Gramatyka Języka Polskiego. Warszawa: Wiedza Powszechna.
Cetnarowska, Bożena. 2013. The Representational Approach to Adjective Placement in Polish. Linguistica Silesiana. Vol. 34: 7-22.
Fisiak, Jacek, Lipińska-Grzegorek, Maria, Zabrocki, Tadeusz. 1978. An Introductory English-Polish Contrastive Grammar. Warszawa: PWN.
Frankowska, Maria. 1982. Grupy imienne z determinatorem koniecznym w języku polskim. Prace Wydziału Filologiczno-Filozoficznego. Vol. XXVIII No. 3. Warszawa: PWN.
Gębka-Wolak, Małgorzata. 2000. Związki linearne między składnikami grupy linearnej we współczesnym języku polskim. Toruń: Wyd. Uniwersytetu Mikołaja Kopernika.
Gołąb, Zbigniew; Heinz, Adam; Polański, Kazimierz. 1968. Słownik Terminologii Językoznawczej. Warszawa: PWN.
Grzegorczykowa, Renata. 1998. Wykłady z polskiej składni. Warszawa: PWN.
Dictionary.com. http://www.dictionary.com/browse/attribute (accessed August 13, 2016).
Merriam-Webster Dictionary. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/attribute (accessed September 16, 2016).
Jadacka, Hanna. 2005. Kultura Języka Polskiego. Fleksja, słowotwórstwo, składnia. Warszawa: PWN.
Klemensiewicz, Zenon. 1963. Zarys składni polskiej. Warszawa: PWN.
Klemensiewicz, Zenon. 1986. Podstawowe wiadomości z gramatyki języka polskiego. Warszawa: PWN.
Kokowski, Władysław. 1917. Krótka Składnia Języka Polskiego – z ćwiczeniami i przykładami, łącznie z zasadami użycia znaków pisarskich. Wyd. VII. Warszawa: E. Wende i S-ka.
Lee, Iksop; Ramsey, S. Robert (2000) The Korean Language, NY: State University of New York Press.
Linde-Usieknieiwcz, Jadwiga. 2013. A position of classificatory adjectives in Polish. Studies in Polish Linguistics. Vol. 3, No. 3: 103-126.
Martin, Samuel L. 1992. A Reference Grammar of Korean. A Complete Guide to the Grammar and History of the Korean Language. Tokyo, Rutland, Vermont, Singapore: Tuttle Publishing.
Mostowski, Andrzej. 1948. Logika Matematyczna. Monografie Matematyczne. Vol. 18. Warszawa.
Nagórko, Alicja. 2005. Zarys Gramatyki Polskiej. Warszawa: PWN.
Podracki, Jerzy 1997. Przydawka jako część zdania. Składnia Polska - książka dla nauczycieli i uczniów. Wyd. Szkolne i Pedagogiczne. Warszawa: 96-107.
Polański, Kazimierz. 2003. Encyklopedia Językoznawstwa Ogólnego. Ed. Wrocław: Ossolineum.
Ramstedt, Gustad John. 1939. A Korean Grammar. Suomalais-Ugrilaisen Seuran Toimituksia. 82. Suomalais-Ugrilainen Seura. Helsinki.
Sohn, Ho-Min. 2001. The Korean Language. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
Swan, Oscar. 1983. First Year Polish. 2nd Edition. Columbus: Slavica Publishers.
Szober, Stanisław. 1924. Zarys Językoznawstwa Ogólnego. Warszawa: Towarzystwa Miłośników Języka Polskiego.
Szulc, Aleksander. 1984. Podręczny Słownik Językoznawstwa Stosowanego. Warszawa: PWN.
Urbańczyk, Stanisław; Kucała, Marian. 1999. Encyklopedia Języka Polskiego. Eds. Wrocław: Zakład Narodowy im. Ossolińskich.
Weinsberg, Adam.1983. Językoznawstwo Ogólne. Warszawa: Polskie Wydawnictwo Naukowe.
Willim, Ewa. 2000. Analiza zestawień z przymiotnikiem w minimalistycznym modelu gramatyki generatywnej. Polonica, Vol. 20: 37–70.
Wójcik, Tadeusz. 1965. Zarys teorii klasyfikacji. Warszawa: PWN.
Wróbel, Henryk. 2001. Gramatyka Języka Polskiego. Kraków: Od Nowa.
Yeon, Jaehoon; Brown, Lucien. 2011. Korean - A Comprehensive Grammar -. NY: Routledge.
Zagorska-Brooks, Maria. 1975. Polish Reference Grammar. Mouton: The Hague-Paris.
Ziembiński, Zygmunt. 1995. Logika Praktyczna. Wyd. XVIII przejrzane i poprawione. Warszawa: PWN.
고영근 1989/1991. 國語形態論硏究. 서울: 서울大學校出版部.
김광해, 권재일, 임지룡, 김무림, 임칠성. 1999. 국어지식탐구. 서울: 박이정.
김기복. 1999. 국어의 관형어 연구. 충남대학교 대학원, 박사학논문.
김기혁. 1996. 국어문법 연구 –형태· 통어론-. 서울: 박이정.
김기혁. 2001. 국어학. 서울: 박이정.
김봉모. 1978 a. 매김말의 기능. 한글 제162호, 한글학회: 19-38.
김봉모. 1978 b. 매김말의 겹침구조 연구. 문창어문집 15집: 50-76.
김선효. 2011. 한국어 관형어 연구. 서울: 역락.
남광우, 이응백, 이을환. 1991. 국어대사전. 서울: 민중서관.
남기심, 고영근. 1985/2006. 표준국어문법론. 서울: 탑출판사.
리동빈. 1999/2004. 조선어기본 (류학생용). 김일성종합대학 출판사. 주체 88.
리의도.1982. 매김말의 기능 – 매김 받는 임자말과의 관계를 중심으로-. 국제어문 3, 국제어문학회: 123-141.
박경자, 임병빈, 김재원, 유석훈, 이재근, 김성찬, 장영준, 한호. 2001. 응용언어학 사전. 서울: 경진문화사.
서울대학교 국어 교육 연구소. 2002/2005. 고등학교 문법. 서울: 교육 인적 자원부.
서정수. 1994. 국어문법. 서울: 뿌리깊은 나무.
오규환. 2016. “현태론적 복합 관형어 + 명사어” 구성의 어휘화에 대하여. 언어사실과 관점 38권. 연세대학교 언어정보연구원: 195-219.
오형식. 2002. 국어문장성분 분류의 역사적 연구. 부산: 세종출판사.
이승희. 1955. 國語學槪說. 서울: 민중서관.
임지룡, 이은규, 김종록, 송창선, 황미향, 이문규, 최웅환. 2005. 학교문법과 문법교육. 서울: 박이정.
정병권. 2002. 폴란드어-한국어 사전. Ed. 서울: 한국외국어대학교 출판부: 703.
최현배. 1937/1961. 우리말본. 서울: 정음사.
한국방송통신대학교 평생교육원. 2005. 외국어로서의 한국어학. 한국방송통신대학교출판부: 137-9.
한길. 1997. 매김말로 등장하는 사람에 관한 높임법. 인문과학 연구 5. 강원대학교 인문과학연구소: 5-27.
허웅. 1983. 국어학 –우리만의 오늘 어제-. 서울: 샘문화사.
When submitting a paper the author agrees to the following publishing agreement and processing personal data.
PUBLICATION AGREEMENT, COPYRIGHT LICENSE, PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING CONSENT
This is a publication agreement and copyright license (“Agreement”) regarding a written manuscript currently submitted via Pressto Platform
(“Article”) to be published in International Journal of Korean Humanities and Social Sciences (“Journal”).
The parties to this Agreement are:
the Author or Authors of the submitted article (individually, or if more than one author, collectively, “Author”) and International Journal of Korean Humanities and Social Sciences (“Publisher”), address al. Niepodległości 4, 61-874 Poznań, represented by its editor in chief Oh Kyong-Geun.
- 1. LICENSE OF COPYRIGHT
- a) The Author and the Publisher agree that the Author grants a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, which is incorporated herein by reference and is further specified at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/deed.en copyright license in the Article to the general public.
- b) The Author grants to the Publisher a royalty-free, worldwide nonexclusive license to publish, reproduce, display, distribute, translate and use the Article in any form, either separately or as part of a collective work, including but not limited to a nonexclusive license to publish the Article in an issue of the Journal, copy and distribute individual reprints of the Article, authorize reproduction of the entire Article in another publication, and authorize reproduction and distribution of the Article or an abstract thereof by means of computerized retrieval systems (such as Westlaw, Lexis and SSRN). The Author retains ownership of all rights under copyright in the Article, and all rights not expressly granted in this Agreement.
- c) The Author grants to the Publisher the power to assign, sublicense or otherwise transfer any and all licenses expressly granted to the Publisher under this Agreement.
- d) Republication. The Author agrees to require that the Publisher be given credit as the original publisher in any republication of the Article authorized by the Author. If the Publisher authorizes any other party to republish the Article under the terms of paragraphs 1c and 1 of this Agreement, the Publisher shall require such party to ensure that the Author is credited as the Author.
- 2. EDITING OF THE ARTICLE
- a) The Author agrees that the Publisher may edit the Article as suitable for publication in the Journal. To the extent that the Publisher’s edits amount to copyrightable works of authorship, the Publisher hereby assigns all right, title, and interest in such edits to the Author.
- 3. WARRANTIES
- a) The Author represents and warrants that to the best of the Author’s knowledge the Article does not defame any person, does not invade the privacy of any person, and does not in any other manner infringe upon the rights of any person. The Author agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Publisher against all such claims.
- b) The Author represents and warrants that the Author has full power and authority to enter into this Agreement and to grant the licenses granted in this Agreement.
- c) The Author represents and warrants that the Article furnished to the Publisher has not been published previously. For purposes of this paragraph, making a copy of the Article accessible over the Internet, including, but not limited to, posting the Article to a database accessible over the Internet, does not constitute prior publication so long as the as such copy indicates that the Article is not in final form, such as by designating such copy to be a “draft,” a “working paper,” or “work-in-progress”. The Author agrees to hold harmless the Publisher, its licensees and distributees, from any claim, action, or proceeding alleging facts that constitute a breach of any warranty enumerated in this paragraph.
- 4. TERM
- a) The agreement was concluded for an unspecified time.
- 5. PAYMENT
- a) The Author agrees and acknowledges that the Author will receive no payment from the Publisher for use of the Article or the licenses granted in this Agreement.
- b) The Publisher agrees and acknowledges that the Publisher will not receive any payment from the Author for publication by the Publisher.
- 6. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
- a) This Agreement supersedes any and all other agreements, either oral or in writing, between the Author and the Publisher with respect to the subject of this Agreement. This Agreement contains all of the warranties and agreements between the parties with respect to the Article, and each party acknowledges that no representations, inducements, promises, or agreements have been made by or on behalf of any party except those warranties and agreements embodied in this Agreement.
- b) In all cases not regulated by this Agreement, legal provisions of Polish Copyright Act and Polish Civil Code shall apply.
- c) Any disputes arising from the enforcement of obligations connected with this Agreement shall be resolved by a court competent for the headquarters of the Publisher.
- d) Any amendments or additions to the Agreement must be made in writing and signed by authorised representative of both parties, otherwise being ineffective.
- e) This Agreement is signed electronically and the submission of the article via the PRESSto platform is considered as the conclusion of the Agreement by the Author and the Publisher.
- f) Clause for consent to the processing of personal data - general
- g) The Author shall give his or her consent to the processing of their personal data in accordance with the Act of 10 May 2018 on the protection of personal data and Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of persons physical in connection with the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (General Data Protection Regulation) for the purpose and in connection with making publications available on the PRESSto scientific journals platform, guaranteeing the security of services rendered, and improving them.
I HAVE READ AND AGREE FULLY WITH THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
The Author The Publisher