Main Article Content
One of the first writers from Dubrovnik who has attempted to write a comprehensive history of Turkey was Benedictine Louis de Crieva called Tuberon (1458-1527). In the sixth book of his political memoir Commentarii de temporibus suis, he provided a description of the origin, customs and outline of the history of the Turks. The analysis of his work leads to conclusion, that it was a response to a great interest in this topic in the 16th Europe. Moreover, the author attempted to give a full lecture of the history of Turks, although he knew very little about the history of sultans in the 14th and the first half of the 15th century.
Download data is not yet available.
How to Cite
Wróbel, P. (2014). Ludwik Tuberon de Crieva (Crijević) the Benedictine from Dubrovnik and his outline of the history of Turkey in the political memoir "Commentarii de temporibus suis". Balcanica Posnaniensia. Acta Et Studia, 21, 51-62. https://doi.org/10.14746/bp.2014.21.5
- The Author hereby warrants that he/she is the owner of all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Work and that, within the scope of the present Agreement, the paper does not infringe the legal rights of another person.The owner of the copyright work also warrants that he/she is the sole and original creator thereof and that is not bound by any legal constraints in regard to the use or sale of the work.
- The Author grants the Purchaser non-exclusive and free of charge license to unlimited use worldwide over an unspecified period of time in the following areas of exploitation:
2.1. production of multiple copies of the Work produced according to the specific application of a given technology, including printing, reproduction of graphics through mechanical or electrical means (reprography) and digital technology;
2.2. marketing authorisation, loan or lease of the original or copies thereof;
2.3. public performance, public performance in the broadcast, video screening, media enhancements as well as broadcasting and rebroadcasting, made available to the public in such a way that members of the public may access the Work from a place and at a time individually chosen by them;
2.4. inclusion of the Work into a collective work (i.e. with a number of contributions);
2.5. inclusion of the Work in the electronic version to be offered on an electronic platform, or any other conceivable introduction of the Work in its electronic version to the Internet;
2.6. dissemination of electronic versions of the Work in its electronic version online, in a collective work or independently;
2.7. making the Work in the electronic version available to the public in such a way that members of the public may access the Work from a place and at a time individually chosen by them, in particular by making it accessible via the Internet, Intranet, Extranet;
2.8. making the Work available according to appropriate license pattern Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-ND 4.0) as well as another language version of this license or any later version published by Creative Commons.
- The Author grants the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan permission to:
3.1. reproduce a single copy (print or download) and royalty-free use and disposal of rights to compilations of the Work and these compilations.
3.2. send metadata files related to the Work, including to commercial and non-commercial journal-indexing databases.
- The Author declares that, on the basis of the license granted in the present Agreement, the Purchaser is entitled and obliged to allow third parties to obtain further licenses (sublicenses) to the Work and to other materials, including derivatives thereof or compilations made based on or including the Work, whereas the provisions of such sub-licenses will be the same as with the attributed license pattern Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-ND 4.0) or another language version of this license, or any later version of this license published by Creative Commons. Thereby, the Author entitles all interested parties to use the work, for non-commercial purposes only, under the following conditions:
4.1. acknowledgment of authorship, i.e. observing the obligation to provide, along with the distributed work, information about the author, title, source (link to the original Work, DOI) and of the license itself.
4.2. the derivatives of the Work are subject to the same conditions, i.e. they may be published only based on a licence which would be identical to the one granting access to the original Work.
- The University of Adam Mickiewicz in Poznań is obliged to
5.1. make the Work available to the public in such a way that members of the public may access the Work from a place and at a time individually chosen by them, without any technological constraints;
5.2. appropriately inform members of the public to whom the Work is to be made available about sublicenses in such a way as to ensure that all parties are properly informed (appropriate informing messages).
- The University of Adam Mickiewicz in Poznań hereby preserves the copyright to the journal as a whole (layout/stylesheet, graphics, cover design, logo etc.)
- Agoston G., Bayezid I Yildirim or Thunderbolt (1389-1402) [w:] Encyclopedia of the Ottoman Empire, New York, 2009.
- Agoston G., Bayezid II (1481-1512) [w:] Encyclopedia of the Ottoman Empire, New York, 2009.
- Agoston G., Mehmed I Celebi (1413-1421) [w:] Encyclopedia of the Ottoman Empire, New York, 2009.
- Agoston G., Murad I (1362-1389) [w:] Encyclopedia of the Ottoman Empire, New York, 2009.
- Agoston G., Murad II (1421-1444,1446-1451) [w:] Encyclopedia of the Ottoman Empire, New York, 2009.
- Antoljak S., Crijević Ludovik Tuberon [w:] Hrvatski Biografski Leksikon, t. 2, Zagreb, 1989, s. 719-720.
- Atanasovski V., Pad Hercegovine, Beograd, 1979.
- Babinger F., Die Geschichtschreiber der Osmanen und ihre Werke, Leipzig, 1927, s. 7-71.
- Babinger F., Z dziejów imperium Osmanów. Sułtan Mehmed Zdobywca i jego czasy, Warszawa, 1977.
- Cahen C., Pre-Ottoman Turkey, New York, 1968.
- Cerva S. M., Bibliotheca Ragusina, t. 1, Zagrabiae, 1975.
- Fessler I. A., Geschichte von Ungarn, t. 3., Leipzig, 1874.
- Filip de Diversis, Opis Dubrownika, Kraków, 2004, s. 20-21.
- Heywood C., Mehmed II Fatih (1444-1446, 1451-1481) [w:] Encyclopedia of the Ottoman Empire, New York, 2009.
- Inalcık H., An Overwiew of Ottoman History [w:] The Great Ottoman-Turkish Civilisation, t. 1, Ankara 2000, s. 7-13.
- Inalcık H., The Rise of Ottoman Historiography [w:] Historians of the Middle East, by B. Lewis and R.M. Holt, London 1962, s. 152-167.
- Jireček K., Beiträge zur ragusanischen Literaturgeschichte, „Archiv für Slavische Philologie”, Bd. XXI, Berlin 1899, s. 448-451.
- Jireček K., Der ragusanischer Dichter Šiško Menčetić, „Archiv für Slavische Philologie”, 1897 (Berlin), t. 19, s. 51.
- Jireček K., Istorija Srba, Beograd, 1952.
- Kastritsis D. J., The Sons of Bayezid. Empire Building and Representation in the Ottoman Civil War of 1402-1413, Leiden-Boston, 2007.
- Kiel M., The incorporation of the Balkans into the Ottoman Empire 1353-1453 [w:] The Cambridge History of Turkey, t. 1, Cambridge, 2009.
- Ludovici Cervarii Tuberonis patritii Rhacusisni ac abbatis congregationis melitensis Commentaria suorum temporum, Rhacusii, 1784.
- Crijević Tuberon Ludovik, Komentari o mojem vremenu, Zagreb, 2001.
- Lupis V., Pregled povijesti stonske biskupije od osnutka do 1541. godine [w:] Tisuću godina upostave Dubrovačke nadbiskupije, Dubrovnik, 2001, s. 211-212.
- Małowist M., Tamerlan i jego czasy, Warszawa, 1985.
- Morawski Z., Epilogi krucjat w XV w. , Kraków, 1924.
- Muljačić Z., O prvoj dubrovačkoj tiskari, „Anali” (Dubrovnik) 1956, t. 4/5, s. 583-612.
- Olejnik K., Władysław III Warneńczyk (1424-1444), Kraków, 2007.
- Pii II, Commentarii rerum memorabilium que temporibus suis contigerunt, red. Adriano van Heck, t. 1-2, Citta del Vaticano, 1984.
- Pius II, Pamiętniki, Warszawa, 2005.
- Ređep J., The Legend of Kosovo, „Oral Tradition”, 1991, t. 6, nr 2-3, s. 253-265.
- Rezar V., Dubrovački humanistički historiograf Ludovik Crijević Tuberon, „Anali” (Dubrovnik), 1999, t. 37, s. 55.
- Tadić J., Promet putnika u starom Dubrovniku, Dubrovnik, 1939.
- Tajna diplomacija u Dubrovniku u XVI. stoljeću, red. M. Polić-Babić, B. Baletić, L. Čoralić, Zagreb, 2011.
- Werner E., Die Geburt einer Grossmacht – Die Osmanen, Weimar, 1985.
- Wittek P., Fürstentum Mentesche. Studie zur Geschichte Westkleinenasiens im 13.-15. Jh., Istanbul, 1934.
- Wróbel P., Geneza państwa Osmanów a migracje i przemiany etniczne w Azji Mniejszej w świetle badań [w:] Wędrówka i etnogeneza w starożytności i w średniowieczu, red. M. Salamon, J. Strzelczyk, Kraków, 2010, s. 473-491.