Main Article Content
The article summarizes the known data about the localization and numerical distribution of various Vlach groups in Macedonia in the 19th and 20th centuries. Each Vlach group’s (Moscopolitan; Grammoustian; Farsherot and Moglenite Vlachs) migrations are analyzed separately, following them from their starting points from which they ventured forth and dispersed all over Ottoman Macedonia at the end of the 18th century, all the way to their dwellings in late 20th century in North Macedonia. In the second part of the article we review the thorough, yet unofficial statistics of Gustav Weigand and Vasil Kanchov about the number of Vlachs in Ottoman Macedonia, as well as the number and territorial distribution of the Vlachs in Macedonia, as shown in the 1921 census in the Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes, the Yugoslav census from 1931, the six censuses conducted in socialist Yugoslavia in 1948, 1953, 1961, 1971, 1981 and 1991, and the two censuses in the Republic of Macedonia from 1994 and 2002.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- The Author hereby warrants that he/she is the owner of all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Work and that, within the scope of the present Agreement, the paper does not infringe the legal rights of another person.The owner of the copyright work also warrants that he/she is the sole and original creator thereof and that is not bound by any legal constraints in regard to the use or sale of the work.
- The Author grants the Purchaser non-exclusive and free of charge license to unlimited use worldwide over an unspecified period of time in the following areas of exploitation:
2.1. production of multiple copies of the Work produced according to the specific application of a given technology, including printing, reproduction of graphics through mechanical or electrical means (reprography) and digital technology;
2.2. marketing authorisation, loan or lease of the original or copies thereof;
2.3. public performance, public performance in the broadcast, video screening, media enhancements as well as broadcasting and rebroadcasting, made available to the public in such a way that members of the public may access the Work from a place and at a time individually chosen by them;
2.4. inclusion of the Work into a collective work (i.e. with a number of contributions);
2.5. inclusion of the Work in the electronic version to be offered on an electronic platform, or any other conceivable introduction of the Work in its electronic version to the Internet;
2.6. dissemination of electronic versions of the Work in its electronic version online, in a collective work or independently;
2.7. making the Work in the electronic version available to the public in such a way that members of the public may access the Work from a place and at a time individually chosen by them, in particular by making it accessible via the Internet, Intranet, Extranet;
2.8. making the Work available according to appropriate license pattern Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-ND 4.0) as well as another language version of this license or any later version published by Creative Commons.
- The Author grants the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan permission to:
3.1. reproduce a single copy (print or download) and royalty-free use and disposal of rights to compilations of the Work and these compilations.
3.2. send metadata files related to the Work, including to commercial and non-commercial journal-indexing databases.
- The Author declares that, on the basis of the license granted in the present Agreement, the Purchaser is entitled and obliged to allow third parties to obtain further licenses (sublicenses) to the Work and to other materials, including derivatives thereof or compilations made based on or including the Work, whereas the provisions of such sub-licenses will be the same as with the attributed license pattern Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-ND 4.0) or another language version of this license, or any later version of this license published by Creative Commons. Thereby, the Author entitles all interested parties to use the work, for non-commercial purposes only, under the following conditions:
4.1. acknowledgment of authorship, i.e. observing the obligation to provide, along with the distributed work, information about the author, title, source (link to the original Work, DOI) and of the license itself.
4.2. the derivatives of the Work are subject to the same conditions, i.e. they may be published only based on a licence which would be identical to the one granting access to the original Work.
- The University of Adam Mickiewicz in Poznań is obliged to
5.1. make the Work available to the public in such a way that members of the public may access the Work from a place and at a time individually chosen by them, without any technological constraints;
5.2. appropriately inform members of the public to whom the Work is to be made available about sublicenses in such a way as to ensure that all parties are properly informed (appropriate informing messages).
- The University of Adam Mickiewicz in Poznań hereby preserves the copyright to the journal as a whole (layout/stylesheet, graphics, cover design, logo etc.)
- Aravantinos P., Perigrafī tīs Īpeirou, vol. 1, Iōannina 1984 [Αραβαντινός, Π., Περιγραφή της Ηπείρου, μ. Α, Ιωάννινα 1984].
- Definitivni rezultati popisa stanovništva od 31 januara 1921 god., Sarajevo 1932 [Дефинитивни резултати пописа становништва од 31 јануара 1921 год., Сарајево 1932].
- Die Gliederung der Bevölkerung des ehemaligen Jugoslawien nach Muttersprache und Konfession nach den unveröffentlichten Angaben der Zählung von 1931, Wien 1943.
- http://publikacije.stat.gov.rs/G1953/Pdf/G19534001.pdf [access: 01.05.2021].
- Konačni rezultati popisa stanovništva od 15 marta 1948 godine, vol. 9, Beograd 1954.
- K″nčov″ V., Makedoniya. Etnografiya i statistika, Sofiya 1900 [Кѫнчовъ, В., Македония. Етнография и статистика, София 1900].
- Noe C., Colonizarea Cadrilaterului, “Sociologie Românească” 1938, vol. 3, no. 4–6, p. 119–158.
- Popis na naselenieto, domak’instvata i stanovite vo Republika Makedonija, 2002 godina – definitivni podatoci, vol. 10, Skopje 2002 [Попис на населението, домаќинствата и становите во Република Македонија, 2002 година – дефинитивни податоци, vol. 10, Скопје 2002].
- Weigand, G, Die Aromunen. Ethnographisch-Philologisch-Historische Untersuchungen über das volk der sogenannten Makedo-Romanen oder Zinzaren, Erster band, Leipzig 1895.
- Hâciu, A, Aromânii. Comerţ, industrie, arte, expansiune, civilizaţie, Focşani, 1936.
- Kahl, T, The Ethnicity of Aromanians after 1990: the identity of a minority that behaves like a majority, “Ethnologia Balkanica” 2002, no. 6, p. 145.
- Koukoudis, I. A., The Vlachs. Metropolis and Diaspora, Thessaloniki 2003.
- Minov, N, The War of numbers and its first victim: the Aromanians in Macedonia (end of 19th–beginning of 20th century), “Macedonian Historical Review” 2012, no. 3, p. 153–192.
- Minov, N,, Titsi shi cum eara internats Armãnjli di Crushova tu chirolu a Protlui polim mundial?, in: 100 di anj di proclamarea a printsipatlui armãnescu Pindus hi 100 di anj di deportarea a Armãnjlor, eds. J. Mihailova, M. Nikolova, Scopia 2017, p. 111–125.
- Papahagi, V, Aromânii Moscopoleni şi comerţul Veneţian în secolele al XVII-lea şi al XVIII-lea, Bucureşti 1935.
- Trajanovski T., Vlaškite rodovi vo Sttruško: Prilog kon istorijata na narodnostite vo Makedonija, Skopje 1979 [Трајановски, Т., Влашките родови во Струшко: Прилог кон историјата на народностите во Македонија, Скопје 1979].
- Tsallīs P., To doxasmeno Monastīri, Ītoi istoria tīs patriōtikīs draseōs tīs Monastīriou kai tōn perihōrōn apo tou etous 1830 mehri tou 1903, Thessalonikī 1932 [Τσάλλης Π., Το δοξασμένο Μοναστήρι, Ήτοι ιστορία της πατριωτικής δράσεως της πόλεως Μοναστηρίου και των περιχώρων από του έτους 1830 μέχρι του 1903, Θεσσαλονίκη 1932].