Main Article Content
The state and future of scientific disciplines is largely determined by their background, numerous importantevents, discoveries, achievements, but above all, eminent experts, people of science. Thanks to these people, it was possible to conduct many analyses and research programs, which were reflected in multiple scientific studies. In the case of Polish social pedagogy, Helena Radlińska, Aleksander Kamiński and Ryszard Wroczyński have undoubtedly become such persons. On the other hand, Polish sociology of education should be strongly associated, among others, with Florian Znaniecki, Józef Chałasiński and Stanisław Kowalski. In this article, I do not describe all the issues that are the focus of both subdisciplines. However, I would like to underline a few issues that I will present synthetically and which are personally important and interesting from the point of view of a social educator, namely: What are the sources of the emergence of social pedagogy as a scientific discipline and what associates it with the sociology of education; What priorities are imposed on social pedagogy and sociology of upbringing by the transformation of modern civilization and how are new social problems shaped in this context; finally how educational sociology has been an aid to social pedagogy and vice versa.
- Aldridge A., Consumption, Warsaw 2006.
- Ambrozik W., Modrzewski J. (Eds.), The issue of education in the work of Polish sociologists. (source materials for teaching sociology of education), vol. 1 Selection of texts, Koszalin 1998.
- Bobrowski T. et al., Educational work. Its tasks, methods, organization (editor), Cracow 1913.
- Cichosz M., Triptych about social pedagogy – reflections at the turn of the century, Social Pedagogy, 2003, 3.
- Ciczkowski W., Aleksander Kamiński’s path to becoming an educator and scholar, [in:] The wealth of life and creativity, Eds. I. Lepalczyk, W. Ciczkowski, Toruń 1999.
- Giddens A., Modernity and identity. “I” and society in the age of late modernity, Warsaw 2001.
- Jędrzejewski J., Selection of texts from the sociology of education, Warsaw 1981.
- Kamiński A., Social pedagogy – an attempt at characteristics, Pedagogical Quarterly, 1969, 3.
- Kamiński A., Functions of social pedagogy, Warsaw 1980.
- Kawula S., Social pedagogy, Eds. T. Pilch, I. Lepalczyk, Warsaw 1995.
- Kawula S., Social support – a key dimension of social pedagogy, Care and Education Problems, 1996, 1.
- Kawula S., Studies on social pedagogy, Olsztyn 1996.
- Kawula S., Social Pedagogy. Achievements – activity – perspectives, Toruń 2001.
- Kępiński A., The rhythm of life, Cracow 1992.
- Kowalski S., An outline of sociology of education, Warsaw 1974.
- Kowalski S., Social pedagogy of Helena Radlińska and sociology of education, Sociological Studies, 1980, 3.
- Lewowicki T., Humanities and pedagogy (introductory remarks), [in:] Pedagogy in contemporary humanistic discourse, Ed. T. Lewowicki, Warsaw – Cracov 1999.
- Marynowicz-Hetka E., Education in the environment and its threats, [in:] Social pedagogy. Questions about the 21st century, Eds. A. Przecławska, W. Theiss, Warsaw 1999.
- Matyjas B., Ratajek Z., Trafiałek E., Orientations and trends in contemporary pedagogy, Kielce 1997.
- Melosik Z., Popular culture as a factor of socialization, [in:] Z. Kwieciński, B. Śliwerski, Pedagogy 2, Warsaw 2003.
- Modrzewski J., Socio-pedagogy. Studies – sketches – reflections – memories, Poznań 2016.
- Przecławska A., Theiss W., Social pedagogy: new tasks and opportunities, Educational Forum, 1995, 1-2.
- Przecławska A., Theiss W., Social pedagogy. Circles of search, Warsaw 1996.
- Radlińska H., The educator’s attitude towards the educational environment. Sketches from social pedagogy, Warsaw 1935.
- Radlińska H., Social causes of school successes and failures, Warsaw 1937.
- Ritzer G., The magical world of consumption, Warsaw 2012.
- Sobczak J., “New Education” in Polish pedagogy of the Second Polish Republic (1928-1939), Bydgoszcz 1998.
- Theiss W., Radlińska, Warszawa 1984.
- Theiss W., Social pedagogy of the Second Polish Republic (questions about scientific discourse), [in:] Social pedagogy. Tradition – The Present – New challenges, Ed. E. Trempała, M. Cichosz,
- Olecko 2001.
- Theiss W., Where do we come from, what do we come with? On the ways of social pedagogy development, [in:] Social pedagogy in the face of threats to the human and the idea of social justice, vol. 2, Ed. W. Danilewicz, W. Theiss, Warszawa 2014.
- Wincławski W., The development of Polish sociology of education in the light of the reception of F. Znaniecki during the Second Polish Republic, Culture and Society, 1977, 3.
- Winiarski M., Foreword. Living and education environment in the perspective of globalization, [in:] Animation of the environment versus education and upbringing for the needs of tomorrow, Eds. K. Segiet, K. Słupska-Kwiatkowska, Gniezno 2010.
- Włodarek J., Sociology of education in the People’s Republic of Poland, Sociological Studies, 1965, 3-4.
- Znaniecki F., Sociology of education, Educational Theory 1951, 2.