Main Article Content
The article In Defense of Human Identity: the Reality of Globalization as the Cause of Modernization of Modern Educational Systems is an attempt to reflect on the role of the educational process in the context of the value system offered in the modern world. It appears that authentic human participation in the reality of global and involuntary compliance with the directives of globalism is both a crisis of identity, of its existence, values, norms, and all human activities. Efforts taken to demonstrate the value of dogma, which carries with it an affirmation of the modern world, and conformist standards of conduct, is to notice the risk of objective truth about man and reality. Civilization implies in fact a kind of order to eradicate what is human. The human drama shows an almost total devotion to the values of functionalism and utility. Therefore, it is vital for modern education to return to the personal dimension of human existence. This accomplishment, a full range of education, which means clarifying the challenges confronting it, is only possible with recognizing and highlighting the personal status of the man based on the personalistic norm. This article helps the contemporary human being to realize the importance of learning to respect human dignity and to protect the identity of a mature man
- Drążek E., Utilitarian Humanity: between civilization and the axiology of moral philosophy, D. Michałowska, S. Chris (ed. Teachings), Philosophical Notebooks, 2009, 14-15.
- Drążek E., Skawina I., Anthropological contexts of education – modern utilitarianism axiological and educational principles to life, [in:] Time for education. Key contexts and conditions, ed. B. Piątkowska, Publishing House of The Angelus Silesius University of Applied Sciences in Wałbrzych, Wałbrzych 2009.
- Jan Paweł II, Centesimus annus, nr 41, Rzym 1991.
- Jan Paweł II, In the name of the future of culture, faith and culture [in:] Man, education, culture, Ed. F. Adamski, Publishing House of WAM, Kraków 1993.
- Krąpiec M.A., Moral philosophy, [in:] The Universal Encyclopedia of Philosophy, t. 3, Ed. A. Maryniarczyk, Publishing House of PTTA, Lublin 2007.
- Kupisiewicz Cz., The thing about education: selection of studies and articles, Publishing House of Higher Pedagogical School Teachers’ Union in Warsaw, Warsaw – Radom 1999.
- Lewowicki T., Transformation of Education, Publishing House of ZAK, Warsaw 2002.
- Łuczewski M., Liberal Education, Mishellanea, 2000, 1.
- Mayor F., Un monde nouveau, Ed. W. Rabczuk, Fundation for Educational Studies and Research, Warsaw 2001.
- Pachociński R., Education and work in an era of globalization, Publishing House of The Educational Research Institute, Warsaw 2006.
- The Universal Declaration of Human Rights (adopted and proclaimed General Assembly resolution ONZ 217 A (III) on 10 December 1948), art. 26, p. 1-3.
- Styczeń T., Merecki J., ABC Ethics, Publishing House of KUL, Lublin 2007.
- Wielecki K., Youth and education after the great change, [in:] Education and youth towards the civil society, Ed. K. Przyszczypkowski, A. Zandecki, Publishing House of Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań – Toruń 1996.
- Wojnar I., World decade of cultural development – new proposals for education, [in:] The challenges of Education XXI century, Ed. I. Wojnar, J. Kubin, Publishing House of Forecasting Committee “Poland 2000 Plus”, Warsaw 1997.
- Wojtyła K., Man in the field of liability, Publishing House of The Institute of John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin, Rome – Lublin 1991.