Main Article Content
This article discusses the role of marketing in the transformation of a museum. The museum should become a service organization with a diverse range of activities, concentred on the audience. There is a real chance that the introduction of relationship marketing in the museum will help it fulfil its mission. Relationship marketing treated as an approach which permeates the all institutional structures and helps to manage the whole museum: it is both the manager path, as well as all museum staff. This marketing is focused not only on promotion and communication, but is also used in shaping the museum educational strategies and planning further institutional activities. From this perspective, marketing is an orientation and a set of specialized practices, it has become a way to understand common values and to achieve specific goals.
- Feagin S., Valuing the Art, [w:] Institutions of Art. Reconsiderations of George Dickie’s Philosophy, red. R.J. Yanal, The Pennsylvania State University Press, Pennsylvania 1994.
- Gummesson E., Total Relationship Marketing. Rethinking Marketing Management: From 4Ps to 30RS, Butterworth-Heinemann, Oxford 2002.
- Hein G.E., Museum Education, [w:] A Companion to the Museum Study, red. S. Macdonald, Blackwell Publishing Ltd., Oxford 2006, UK.
- Johnston R., Clark G., Service Operations Management: Improving Service Delivery, Pearson Education Limited, 2001.
- Kostyrko T., Skoro słowo się rzekło..., Kultura Współczesna, 2004, 2(40), Narodowe Centrum Kultury, Warszawa 2004.
- Lovelock Ch., Vandermerwe S., Lewis B., Services Marketing. A European Perspective, Prentice Hall Inc., New Jersey 1996.
- Möntmann N., Art and its Institutions. Current Conflicts, Critique and Collaborations, Black Dog Publishing, London 2006.
- Mudie P., Cottam A., Usługi. Zarządzanie i marketing, Wydawnictwo Naukowe PWN, Warszawa 1998.
- Reussner E.M., Strategic Management for visitor-oriented Musuem. A change of focus, [w:] Museum Management and Marketing, red. R. Sandell, R.R. Janes, Routledge, London –New York 2007.
- Rogoziński K., Nowy marketing usług, Wydawnictwo Akademii Ekonomicznej w Poznaniu, Poznań 2000.
- Zeithaml V.A., Bitner M.J., Services Marketing, McGraw-Hill, Singapore 1996.