Main Article Content
Since the concept of the ‘school’ has existed, the triangle of parents, teachers, and students, in all that relates to the parental involvement in the school, has constituted a significant factor that saw ‘ups and downs’ over the years. Some supported the separation between the student’s home and the school, while others saw the connection and cooperation between them to be essential. This article examines students’ attitudes towards their parents’ involvement in school. This article will present the difficulties adolescents have with their parents’ authority and treatments for the era in which we live. Some research studies have found a correlation between parental involvement and its impact on children. The research study diagnoses the students’ positions according to quantitative questionnaires that were built and used. After analyzing quantitative questionnaires, the research attempted to draw conclusions about the tension that exists between the theories and studies showing the benefits of parental involvement regarding the results of the quantitative questionnaires.
- Addi-Raccah A., Ainhoren R., School governance and teachers' attitudes to parents involvement in schools, Teaching and Teacher Education, 2009, 25(6).
- Bauch P.A., Goldring E.B., Parent-teacher participation in the context of school governance, Peabody Journal of Education, 2000, 73(1).
- Binns Y., The use of the Mashov [Immediacy, Transparency, Supervision] program in the dialogue between the parents and the school: The Kafr Kaana middle school, M.A. Thesis, The Open University 2008 (Hebrew).
- Blau A., Hameiri M., Smartphone in the school – Is the next generation really here? Pedagogical management of the mobile phone in the educational staff and in the families, [in:] The learning person the technological era, Eds. Y. Ashet Alkaly, A. Kaspi, N. Gary, Y. Kellman, V. Silver-Varod, Y. Yair, 2011 (Hebrew).
- Blau A., Hameiri M., A new way to realize the right to know: Increase of the involvement of students and parents in what is done in the educational institutions through an online system for pedagogical management – Mashov [Immediacy, Transparency, Supervision], http://goog.gl/BO1pxt, 2012 (Hebrew).
- Brooks S., Boskilla D., Incorporation of Facebook as a means of communication between teachers and parents: Action research, M.A. Thesis, The Center for Academic Studies 2013 (Hebrew).
- Central Burea of Starsitics, Findings from the Household Expenses Survey 2012: Retrieved on July 27, 2014 from: www.cbs.gov.il/www/hodaot2013n/15_13_343b.doc (Hebrew).
- Erikson E.H., Childhood and society, HaPoalim Press, Tel Aviv 1983 (Hebrew).
- Fisher Y., Friedman Y., Parents and the school – Reciprocal relations and involvement, Pages, 2002, 47, 11-37 (Hebrew).
- Fisher Y., Friedman Y., Parents and the school: Reciprocal Relations and involvement, Research instruments series, Szold Institute, Jerusalem 2009 (Hebrew).
- Friedman Y., Relations between school and parents in Israel: background material for the work, 2010 (Hebrew).
- Greenbaum Z., Fried D., Family relations in the framework of early childhood education: Picture of the Situation and recommendations, Israel National Academy for Sciences 2008 (Hebrew).
- Greenwald E., Parents’ involvement in the elementary school and influence on climate, culture, and education, Oranim College 2007 (Hebrew).
- Ho L., Hung C., Chen H., Using theoretical models to examine the acceptance behavior of mobile phone messaging to enhance parent teacher interactions, Computers & Education, 2013, 61.
- Hoover-Dempsey K.V., Whitaker M.C., Ice C.L., Motivation and commitment to familyschool partnerships, [in:] Handbook of school-family partnerships, Eds. S.L. Christenson, A.L. Reschly, Routledge, New York 2010.
- Kaplan Thorne N., Parent involvement, self-esteem, and student achievements in the middle school, Ph.D. Dissertation, Faculty of Education, Haifa University 2004 (Hebrew).
- Kortz G., Uses of new media: Collection of data from interested parties – Teachers and parents: A review of the literature, National Academy of Sciences 2014 (Hebrew).
- Kortz G., Chen D., Intentional online learning – A digital toolkit for the teacher, Center for Academic Studies, Or Yehuda 2012 (Hebrew).
- Kosaretskii S.G., Chernyshova D., Electronic communication between the school and the home, Russian Education and Society, 2013, 55(10).
- Meeus W., Parental and peer support in adolescence, [in:] The social world of adolescents, Eds. K. Hurrelmann, U. Engel, American Educational Research Association, New York 1989.
- Meizles E., Relations between parents and adolescents with the transition to adolescence, Trends, 2001, 41(1-2) (Hebrew).
- Ministry of Education Adjustment of the educational system to the 21st century: Masterplan, 12th edition, 2012, http://goog.gl/6oKIJb (Hebrew).
- Mitchell S.A., Black M.G., Freud and transition, Tolaat Sefarim, Tel Aviv 2006 (Hebrew).
- Mor A., To speak with the parents even when ‘everything is alright’, Echo of Education, 2012, 90 (Hebrew).
- Neal R.B., Checking in or checking out? Investigating the parent involvement reactive hypothesis, The Journal of Educational Research, 2012, 105.
- Olmstead C., Using technology to increase parent involvement in schools, TechTrends, 2013, 57(6).
- Padilla-Walker L.M., Coyne S.M., Fraser A.M., Getting a high-speed family connection: Associations between family media use and family connection, Family Relations, 2012, 61.
- Perlman M., What are the reciprocal relations between the teachers’ use of systems for information management and their sense of accountability? [in:] The learning person the technological era, Eds. Y. Ashet Alkaly, A. Kaspi, N. Gary, Y. Kellman, V. Silver-Varod, Y. Yair, 2014 (Hebrew).
- Piaget J., The psychology of the child (transl. Y. Sternberg), Tel Aviv 1972 (Hebrew).
- Plotkin A., Shapira T., Contribution of the cooperation between the school and the parents in the construction of educational authority, Trends in the Administration of Education 2013
- Conference, Book of Abstracts, Gordon Academic College 2013 (Hebrew).
- Prensky M., Digital natives, digital immigrants, On the Horizon, 2001, 9.
- Rosen L., Rewired: Understanding the iGeneration and the way they learn, Palgrave Macmillan, New York 2010.
- Rotenberg K.J., The socialisation of trust: parents' and children's interpersonal trust, International Journal of Behavioral Development, 1995, 18.
- Salomon G., Technology and education in the information era, Haifa University and Zmora Beitan, Haifa and Tel Aviv 2000 (Hebrew).
- Sohlberg S., Psychology of the child and the adolescent – Introduction to developmental psychology, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Magnes Press, Jerusalem 1994 (Hebrew).
- Statman D., Moral dilemmas, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Magnes Press, Jerusalem 1991 (Hebrew).
- Thompson B., Characteristics of parent-teacher e-mail communication, Communication Education, 2008, 57(2).
- Thompson B., Parent-teacher e-mail strategies at the elementary and secondary school, Qualitative Research Reports in Communication, 2009, 10(1).
- Trager H., There is no education without parents, parental involvement drives achievements, Between the Bells, A Collection. Studies in Education, Technology, and Science, 2012, March 12, Ort Israel (Hebrew).