Main Article Content
The article presents a basic overview of the war record of the chief of the Supreme
Staff of the Partisan army Arso Jovanović. Jovanović's war biography is described in relation to three social groups in which he had operated. The first social group was the Piper clan, or the local Montenegrin context in which he was born and grew up. The other social group was the leadership of the Communist Party of Yugoslavia (KPJ) with which he cooperated during the war. The third social group was the circle of Montenegrin generals of the Yugoslav army (JA) which Jovanović belonged o until his unexplained death in the summer of 1948. This paper describes how all these groups were interlinked through Jovanović, how they affected each other creating the preconditions for the events of World War II and the post-war period in Yugoslavia.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- The Author hereby warrants that he/she is the owner of all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Work and that, within the scope of the present Agreement, the paper does not infringe the legal rights of another person.The owner of the copyright work also warrants that he/she is the sole and original creator thereof and that is not bound by any legal constraints in regard to the use or sale of the work.
- The Author grants the Purchaser non-exclusive and free of charge license to unlimited use worldwide over an unspecified period of time in the following areas of exploitation:
2.1. production of multiple copies of the Work produced according to the specific application of a given technology, including printing, reproduction of graphics through mechanical or electrical means (reprography) and digital technology;
2.2. marketing authorisation, loan or lease of the original or copies thereof;
2.3. public performance, public performance in the broadcast, video screening, media enhancements as well as broadcasting and rebroadcasting, made available to the public in such a way that members of the public may access the Work from a place and at a time individually chosen by them;
2.4. inclusion of the Work into a collective work (i.e. with a number of contributions);
2.5. inclusion of the Work in the electronic version to be offered on an electronic platform, or any other conceivable introduction of the Work in its electronic version to the Internet;
2.6. dissemination of electronic versions of the Work in its electronic version online, in a collective work or independently;
2.7. making the Work in the electronic version available to the public in such a way that members of the public may access the Work from a place and at a time individually chosen by them, in particular by making it accessible via the Internet, Intranet, Extranet;
2.8. making the Work available according to appropriate license pattern Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-ND 4.0) as well as another language version of this license or any later version published by Creative Commons.
- The Author grants the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan permission to:
3.1. reproduce a single copy (print or download) and royalty-free use and disposal of rights to compilations of the Work and these compilations.
3.2. send metadata files related to the Work, including to commercial and non-commercial journal-indexing databases.
- The Author declares that, on the basis of the license granted in the present Agreement, the Purchaser is entitled and obliged to allow third parties to obtain further licenses (sublicenses) to the Work and to other materials, including derivatives thereof or compilations made based on or including the Work, whereas the provisions of such sub-licenses will be the same as with the attributed license pattern Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-ND 4.0) or another language version of this license, or any later version of this license published by Creative Commons. Thereby, the Author entitles all interested parties to use the work, for non-commercial purposes only, under the following conditions:
4.1. acknowledgment of authorship, i.e. observing the obligation to provide, along with the distributed work, information about the author, title, source (link to the original Work, DOI) and of the license itself.
4.2. the derivatives of the Work are subject to the same conditions, i.e. they may be published only based on a licence which would be identical to the one granting access to the original Work.
- The University of Adam Mickiewicz in Poznań is obliged to
5.1. make the Work available to the public in such a way that members of the public may access the Work from a place and at a time individually chosen by them, without any technological constraints;
5.2. appropriately inform members of the public to whom the Work is to be made available about sublicenses in such a way as to ensure that all parties are properly informed (appropriate informing messages).
- The University of Adam Mickiewicz in Poznań hereby preserves the copyright to the journal as a whole (layout/stylesheet, graphics, cover design, logo etc.)
- Archival sources
- Republic of Croatia, The Croatian National Archive: Velika župa Dubrava, box 6
- Published sources:
- D. Biber, Tito – Churchill: Strogo tajno, Beograd-Zagreb, 1981.
- [J. Broz] Tito, Nacionalno pitanje u Jugoslaviji u svjetlosti narodno-oslobodilačke borbe, Zagreb 1945.
- J. Broz Tito, Sabrana djela, vol. 8, Beograd 1983.
- J. Broz Tito, Sabrana djela, vol. 9, Beograd 1982.
- V. Dedijer, Dnevnik: Od 6 aprila 1941 do 27 novembra 1942, vol. 1, Beograd-Sarajevo 1970.
- V. Dedijer, Josip Broz Tito: Prilozi za biografiju, Beograd 1953.
- M. Dželebdžić, Druga jugoslovenska armija, Beograd 1989.
- M. Đilas, Članci 1941–1946, Beograd 1947.
- M. Đilas, Revolucionarni rat, Beograd 1990.
- L. Đurić, Sećanja na ljude i događaje, Beograd 1989.
- Genocid nad Muslimanima, 1941–1945: Zbornik dokumenata i svjedočenja, eds. V. Dedijer, A. Miletić, Sarajevo 1990.
- Jovanović, Šesta i sedma neprijateljska ofanziva, Beograd 1945.
- M. Milatović, Slučaj Andrije Hebranga, Beograd 1952.
- K. Nađ, Ratne uspomene: Četrdesetdruga, Zagreb 1979.
- Nenadović, Razgovori s Kočom, Zagreb 1989.
- T. Nikčević, Goli otoci Jova Kapičića, Zagreb 2010.
- N. Piljak, Ustanak u Glamoču, „Ustanak naroda Jugoslavije 1941“, vol. 2, Beograd 1964.
- Zbornik dokumenata i podataka o narodnooslobodilačkom ratu jugoslovenskih naroda, II/2, Beograd 1954.
- Zbornik dokumenata i podataka o narodnooslobodilačkom ratu jugoslovenskih naroda, II/6, Beograd 1957.
- Zbornik dokumenata i podataka o narodnooslobodilačkom ratu jugoslovenskih naroda, II/7, Beograd 1959.
- Zbornik dokumenata i podataka o narodnooslobodilačkom ratu jugoslovenskih naroda, II/9, Beograd 1960.
- Zbornik dokumenata i podataka o narodnooslobodilačkom ratu jugoslovenskih naroda, II/10, Beograd 1962.
- Zbornik dokumenata i podataka o narodnooslobodilačkom ratu naroda Jugoslavije, XI/4, Beograd 1975.
- Zbornik dokumenata i podataka o narodnooslobodilačkom ratu naroda Jugoslavije, XII/2, Beograd 1976.
- Zbornik dokumenata i podataka o narodnooslobodilačkom ratu naroda Jugoslavije, XIV/2, Beograd 1983.
- Banac, Sa Staljinom protiv Tita: Informbirovski rascjepi u jugoslavenskom komunističkom pokretu, Zagreb 1990.
- N. Barić, General August Marić: životopis jednog hrvatskog časnika, „Časopis za suvremenu povijest“, 2001, no 2.
- D. Bilandžić, Hrvatska moderna povijest, Zagreb 1999.
- M. Borković, Milan Nedić, Zagreb 1985.
- R. Bulatović, Titov borbeni put (1941–1943): Posebni osvrt na objekte u kojima je boravio i radio, vol. 1, Sarajevo 1988.
- O. Cicmil, Durmitorski odred, in: Vojna enciklopedija, vol. 2, Beograd 1971.
- Deutscher, Staljin: Politička biografija, Zagreb 1977.
- B. Dimitrijević, Pobuna jugoslovenske periferije: Generalski kor Jugoslovenske armije 1945–1953. godine, in: Dijalog povjesničara / istoričara 7, Beograd 2002.
- V. Kljaković, Arso Jovanović, in: Vojna enciklopedija, vol. 4, Beograd 1972.
- D. Marijan, Borbe za Kupres 1942, Zagreb 1999.
- J. Marjanović, Draža Mihailović između Britanaca i Nemaca, Zagreb 1979.
- Matović, Vojskovođa s oreolom mučenika: Povest o generalu Arsu R. Jovanoviću načelniku Vrhovnog štaba NOVJ i njegovoj tragičnoj sudbini, Beograd 2001.
- M. Najbar-Agičić, U skladu s marksizmom ili činjenicama? Hrvatska historiografija 1945–1960, Zagreb 2013.
- R. Overy, Diktatori: Hitlerova Njemačka i Staljinova Rusija, Zagreb 2005.
- B. Petranović, Srbija u Drugom svetskom ratu, Beograd 1992.
- J. Pirjevec, Tito i drugovi, Zagreb 2012.
- K. Spehnjak, Britanski pogled na Hrvatsku 1945–1948, Zagreb 2006.
- Vojinović, Leon Rupnik, Zagreb 1988.
- Zapovjedni vrh JNA siječanj 1990. – svibanj 1992, Zagreb 2010.
- M. Zorić, XIII krajiška brigada, Beograd 1968.