Main Article Content
This contribution focuses on the novel „Minuet for Guitar”, by Slovenian author VitomilZupan, and its film adaptation, entitled „Farewell until the Next War”, by Serbian director Živojin Pavlović. Firstly the article deals with the novel from the perspective of modernistnarrative devices, and secondly it focuses on the analysis of its cinematic adaptation. Basedon the anthropological-morphological method of film analysis it establishes that ŽivojinPavlović used modernist narrative devices in film. Furthermore it studies how and throughwhich cinematic forms of expressions and methods stream of consciousness and memories areshown, as well as how essayistic style, fragmentariness, and associative style are expressed inaudio-visual representation.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- The Author hereby warrants that he/she is the owner of all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Work and that, within the scope of the present Agreement, the paper does not infringe the legal rights of another person.The owner of the copyright work also warrants that he/she is the sole and original creator thereof and that is not bound by any legal constraints in regard to the use or sale of the work.
- The Author grants the Purchaser non-exclusive and free of charge license to unlimited use worldwide over an unspecified period of time in the following areas of exploitation:
2.1. production of multiple copies of the Work produced according to the specific application of a given technology, including printing, reproduction of graphics through mechanical or electrical means (reprography) and digital technology;
2.2. marketing authorisation, loan or lease of the original or copies thereof;
2.3. public performance, public performance in the broadcast, video screening, media enhancements as well as broadcasting and rebroadcasting, made available to the public in such a way that members of the public may access the Work from a place and at a time individually chosen by them;
2.4. inclusion of the Work into a collective work (i.e. with a number of contributions);
2.5. inclusion of the Work in the electronic version to be offered on an electronic platform, or any other conceivable introduction of the Work in its electronic version to the Internet;
2.6. dissemination of electronic versions of the Work in its electronic version online, in a collective work or independently;
2.7. making the Work in the electronic version available to the public in such a way that members of the public may access the Work from a place and at a time individually chosen by them, in particular by making it accessible via the Internet, Intranet, Extranet;
2.8. making the Work available according to appropriate license pattern Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-ND 4.0) as well as another language version of this license or any later version published by Creative Commons.
- The Author grants the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan permission to:
3.1. reproduce a single copy (print or download) and royalty-free use and disposal of rights to compilations of the Work and these compilations.
3.2. send metadata files related to the Work, including to commercial and non-commercial journal-indexing databases.
- The Author declares that, on the basis of the license granted in the present Agreement, the Purchaser is entitled and obliged to allow third parties to obtain further licenses (sublicenses) to the Work and to other materials, including derivatives thereof or compilations made based on or including the Work, whereas the provisions of such sub-licenses will be the same as with the attributed license pattern Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-ND 4.0) or another language version of this license, or any later version of this license published by Creative Commons. Thereby, the Author entitles all interested parties to use the work, for non-commercial purposes only, under the following conditions:
4.1. acknowledgment of authorship, i.e. observing the obligation to provide, along with the distributed work, information about the author, title, source (link to the original Work, DOI) and of the license itself.
4.2. the derivatives of the Work are subject to the same conditions, i.e. they may be published only based on a licence which would be identical to the one granting access to the original Work.
- The University of Adam Mickiewicz in Poznań is obliged to
5.1. make the Work available to the public in such a way that members of the public may access the Work from a place and at a time individually chosen by them, without any technological constraints;
5.2. appropriately inform members of the public to whom the Work is to be made available about sublicenses in such a way as to ensure that all parties are properly informed (appropriate informing messages).
- The University of Adam Mickiewicz in Poznań hereby preserves the copyright to the journal as a whole (layout/stylesheet, graphics, cover design, logo etc.)
- Barbarič Nada, Uvodna razlaga, in: Menuet za kitaro, Vitomil Zupan, Ljubljana 1999, p. 13–37.
- Berger Aleš, Na poti skozi čas in za seboj, in: Menuet za kitaro, Vitomil Zupan, Ljubljana 1984, p. 543–563.
- Dolgan Marjan, Vitomil Zupan, Menuet za kitaro, „Sodobnost”, 1976, vol. 24, no 2, p. 172–176.
- Eysteinsson Astradur, The concept of modernism, Ithaca/London 1992.
- Giannetti Louis, Razumeti film, Ljubljana 2008.
- Harlamov Aljoša, Slovenski modernistični roman. Doctoral thesis, Ljubljana 2016, p. 6–94; 108–121.
- Kermauner Taras, Vztrajati, vsemu navkljub (Ob Zupanovem Menuetu), in: Menuet za kitaro, Vitomil Zupan. Murska Sobota 1980, p. 477–487.
- Kos Janko, Konec modernizma, „Sodobnost”, 1988, vol. 36, no 3–7, p. 240–251; 386–393; 513–520: 655–662. Dlib. http://www.dlib.si/details/URN:NBN:SI:DOC-1KDYMBNY/?euapi=1&query=%27keywords%3dkonec+modernizma%27&pageSize=25 [Access: 3. 9. 2017].
- Kuśmierczyk Seweryn, Wyprawa bohatera w polskim filmie fabularnym. Warsaw 2014, p. 11–34.
- Pavlović Živojin, Nasvidenje v naslednji vojni, Ljubljana 1979, script no. 1327.
- Pavlović Živojin, Nasvidenje v naslednji vojni, DVD, Ljubljana 1980.
- Popek Simon, Naturalistična „podoba-nagon”: Živojin Pavlović v Sloveniji, „Ekran; revija za film in televizijo”, 2005, vol. 42, no 1–2, p. 20.
- Rezoničnik Lidija, Poljski in slovenski literarni kanon obdobja modernizma v filmski adaptacji, Doctoral thesis, Ljubljana 2014, p. 81–95.
- Rezoničnik Lidija, Modernistični pripovedni postopki v filmski adaptacji romana Menuet za kitaro, „Filološke pripombe”, 2017, vol. 15, no 1, p.72–85.
- Rudolf Matevž, Ko beseda podobo najde. Slovenska literatura in film v teoriji in praksi (1984–2012), Ljubljana 2013, p. 73–143.
- Rugelj Samo (ed.), Filmografija slovenskih celovečernih filmov 1931–2010, Ljubljana 2011, p. 168–169.
- Šimenc Stanko, Slovensko slovstvo v filmu, Ljubljana 1983, p. 194–199.
- Škulj Jola, Modernizem in njegove poteze v lirski, narativni in dramski formi. „Primerjalna književnost”, 1998, vol. 21, no 2, p. 45–74.
- Šprah Andrej (ed.), Prekletstvo iskanja resnice. Filmska ustvarjalnost in teorija Živojina Pavlovića, Ljubljana 2012.
- Šprah Andrej, Živojin Pavlović in partizanski film: razgradnja vizije pridobitev vojne in revolucije, „Kino!”, 2012, vol. 6, no 17–18, p. 230–272.
- Vrdlovec Zdenko, Zgodovina filma na Slovenskem 1896–2011, Ljubljana 2013, p. 469–476.
- Zorman Barbara, Sence besede. Filmske priredbe slovenske literature (1948–1979), Koper 2009, p. 13–51; 103–160.
- Zupan Vitomil, Menuet za kitaro, Ljubljana 1984.
- Zupan Vitomil, Minuet for Guitar, Champaign/Dublin/London 2011.
- Zupan Sosič Alojzija, Pimlico in Neznosna lahkost bivanja kot maturitetna romana, „Jezik in slovstvo”, 2006, vol. 51, no 6, p. 25–45.
- Zupan Sosič Alojzija, Govor v sodobnem slovenskem romanu, „Slavistična revija”, 2015, vol. 63, no 2, p. 183–195.