Main Article Content
This article is to explain the basic rules of Korean shamanism. First the religious views of Koreans are presented. The importance of harmony in the lives of Koreans is highlighted. It is stressed that the concepts of Confucianism, Buddhism and Taoism do not exclude one another, do not erect barriers and they promote mutual tolerance and are intertwined in Korea. Next, the role of Korean shamanism in helping common people solve their problems are discussed. Korean shamanism is one of the best examples of unorganized religions and possesses features typical of such religions. Shamanism has a well-formulated system of beliefs as well as behaviours and conduct but its practices and its canons are not well-organized. Consequently, shamanism plays a latent function in society similarly as systems of values, morals, manners and emotions. The author also describes the shamanic ritual called gut. Finally, the contemporary views on and approaches to Korean shamanism are touched upon.
Download data is not yet available.
Kyong-geun, O. (2014). Koreański szamanizm – religia pojednania i współistnienia. Investigationes Linguisticae, (31), 33-42. https://doi.org/10.14746/il.2014.31.4
- Lee Hye-kyeong, 2003, 『혼의 소리 몸의 소리』 [The Voice of Soul and Body]. Seoul: Sol-kwahak.
- Lee Kyeong-won, 2011, 『한국인의 종교사상 – 궁극적 실재의 제문제』 [Religious Thoughts of Koreans – The Problem of Fundamental Existence]. Seoul: Munsacheol.
- Lee Kyeong-yeop, 2004, 『씻김굿 – 삶의 끝자락에서 펼치는 축제』 [Funeral Shaman Ceremony – a Festival at the Enf of Life]. Gwangju: Haneol Media.
- Lee Sang-mok et al., 2005, 『한국인의 죽음관과 생명윤리』 [Views on Death and Life Ethics of Koreans]. Wydawnictwo Sejong.
- Lee Young-shik, 2004, Shaman Ritual Music in Korea. Seoul: Jimoondang Publishing Company.
- Ryu Dae-yeong, 2009, 『한국 근현대사와 기독교』 [Christianity and Modern Korean History]. Seoul: Pureun-yeoksa.
- Ryu Seung-kuk, 2008, 『한국유학사』 [History of Korean Confucianism]. Seoul: Institute of Eastern Asia of the Seonggyunkwan University.
- Yun I-heum et al., 2001, 『한국인의 종교관 – 한국정신의 맥락과 내용』 [Views on Korean Religions – Context and Content oft he Korean Mind]. Seoul: Seoul University Publishing House.
- Yun I-heum, Choi Jong-seong, 2007, 『세계의 종교』 [Religions oft he World]. Seoul: KNOU Publishing House.
- Yun Sa-sun, 2010, 『조선, 도덕의 성찰 – 조선 시대 유학의 도덕철학』 [Joseon, Considering Morality – Moral Philosophy of Confucianism during Joseon Dynasty]. Seoul: Dolbegae.