Main Article Content
Electronic Swahili dictionaries differ in their form, format and content. Due to legal aspects, it may be impossible to consolidate them into a single one, however it is feasible to access them in a uniform way. In the present paper, the use of TEI and DICT format for this purpose is discussed.
- Derzhanski, I., Nenova, I. 1997. Prolog for linguists (in Bulgarian). Sofia: Intela.
- Schryver, G. M. 2003. Lexicographers’ Dreams in the Electronic-Dictionary Age. International Journal of Lexicography, vol. 16, no 2, pp. 143-199.
- Sperberg-McQueen, C. M., Burnard, L. (eds.) 2002. TEI P4: Guidelines for Electronic Text Encoding and Interchange. Text Encoding Initiative Consortium. XML Version: Oxford, Providence, Charlottesville, Bergen
- Underwood, N., Navarretta, C. 1998. A Draft Manual for the Validation of Lexica. Final Report. Copenhagen: Center for Sprogteknologi.
- Wójtowicz, B. 2003. Dictionaries on the Web, a Case of Swahili. Studies of the Department of African Languages and Cultures, no 34, pp. 59-82.