Main Article Content
The purpose of this article is to present and assess the impact of the regulation Art. 6471CC on subcontractors in the construction market and outline doubts in respect of the contents of the regulations. The first part of the article shows reasons why the regulation concerned was enforced – unfair practices in the construction services market which had a detrimental impact on subcontractors. Furthermore, selected doubts are presented, those associated with the contents of the regulation in question and raised by the doctrine and jurisdiction, for example, the legal nature of the investor’s consent or the investor’s joint and several responsibility. It is important to indicate the contrast between the unprob-lematic legislative process and doubts disclosed during its application. The author of this article also depicts two proposed modifications, which appeared in doctrine. The impor-tant issue for this article is also a description of the amended text of this regulation and comparison to the previous one. In conclusion, it should be emphasized that art. 6471 CC is really important for the polish legal system but both the previous content of this regula-tion and the present one aren’t sufficient to guarantee the lack of doubts in interpretation
- Behnke M., Czajka-Marchlewicz B., Dorska D., Umowy w procesie budowlanym, Warszawa 2011.
- Drapała P. Umowa o roboty budowlane, „Przegląd Prawa Handlowego” August 2003.
- Gutowski M. ed., Kodeks cywilny, t. II, C.H. Beck 2016.
- Gutowski M., Odpowiedzialność inwestora w umowach o roboty budowlane na tle Art. 6471 § 5 k.c., „Państwo i Prawo” 2008, no. 2.
- Interpellation to the Minister of Justice of Poland no. 20614 of 28 August 2013.
- Koźmińska K., Jerzykowski J., Zgoda inwestora na zawarcie przez wykonawcę (generalnego) umowy z podwykonawcą, „Radca Prawny” 2005, no. 5.
- Strzępka J. ed., Prawo umów budowlanych, Warszawa 2012.
- Szostak R., O potrzebie uchylenia Art. 6471 k.c., „Przegląd Prawa Handlowego” June 2008, no. 6.
- Civil Code, Dz.U. no. 16, item 93.
- Resolution of the Supreme Court of Poland 28 June 2006, III CZP 36/06.
- Ruling of the Supreme Court of Poland of 30 May 2006, IV CSK 61/06.
- Ruling of the Supreme Court of Poland of 20 June 2007, II CSK 108/07.
- Ruling of the Supreme Court of Poland of 19 November 2015, I ACa 607/15.
- Sejm Paper no. 888 of 16 September 2002.
- Sejm Paper no. 1290 of 7 February 2003.
- Senate Paper no. 152 of 14 April 2016.
- Special Comittee for changes in legal codes of 21 November 2002, no. 12, bulletin no. 1224/IV.
- Special Comittee for changes in legal codes of 11 February 2003, no. 17, buleltin no. 1477/IV.
- The act of 14 February 2003 amending the act – Civil Code and some other legal acts, Dz.U. no. 49 item 408.
- The act of 7 April 2017 amending some legal acts in order to make recovery of claims easier Dz.U. 2017 item 933.