Main Article Content
The aim of this article is to present the basis of the implication of powers of international organizations. This topic is not only of great interest and import from the point of view of the theory of international organizaizations, but also from that of the practice of international organizations, particularly important institutions of international cooperation. The author discusses the nature of the basis for such implication before then examining the implication of powers within the context of international organizations’ expressly granted powers.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- Conforti B., Focarelli C., The Law and Practice of the United Nations, The Hague 2005.
- Engström V., Understanding Powers of International Organizations. A Study of the Doctrines of Attributed Powers, Implied Powers and Constitutionalism – with a Special Focus on the Human Rights Committee, Turku 2009.
- Ferrari Bravo L., Giardina A., Commentario al Trattato Istitutivo della CEE, vol. III, Milano 1965.
- Gadkowski A., The doctrine of implied powers of international organizations in the case law of international tribunals, “Adam Mickiewicz University Law Review” 2016, vol. 6.
- Gadkowski A., Treaty-making powers of international organizations, Poznań 2018.
- Klabbers J., An Introduction to International Instituitional Law, Cambridge 2015.
- Makarczyk J., The International Court of Justice on the Implied Powers of International Organizations, in: Essays in International Law in Honour of Judge Manfred Lachs, ed. J. Makarczyk, The Hague 1984.
- Rama-Montaldo M., International Legal Personality and Implied Powers of International Organizations, “44 British Yearbook of International Law” 1970.
- Seyersted F., United Nations Forces, “37 British Yearbook of International Law” 1961.
- Seyersted F., Common Law of International Organizations, Leiden 2008.
- Skubiszewski K., Implied Powers of International Organizations, in: International Law at a Time of Perplexity. Essays in Honour of Shabatai Rosenne, ed. Y. Dinstein, Dordrecht 1989.