Main Article Content
The article presents the importance of the professional learning community in the school framework. It discusses the creation of a learning community, its characteristics, advantages, and the challenges in the leadership and establishment of a professional learning community. In addition, the article presents the importance of the introduction of a learning community into educational frameworks and provides a solution to the resources that pertain to the time or systemic flexibility.This article highlights the importance of collaborations, peer learning, and a productive discourse among teacher colleague
- Admiraal W., Lockhorst D., van der Pol J., An Expert Study of a Descriptive Model of Teacher Communities, Learning Environment Research, 2012, 15.
- Aubusson P.S., Frances D.S., Brady L., Action Learning in Teacher Learning Community Formation: Informative or Transformative? Teacher Development, 2007, 11(2).
- Balenga A., Landler-Perdo G., Shachar M., Learning Communities of Teachers: An Invited Review as Background Material for the Work of the Language and Literacy Committee, Initiative of Applied Research in Education, The Israeli National Academy of the Sciences, 2011, http://education.academy.ac.il (Hebrew).
- Bar-Yaakov O., Tubin D., The Evolution of Success, [in:] Leading Schools Successfully – Stories from the Field, Eds. C. Day, D. Gurr, Routledge, London, UK 2014.
- Birenbaum M., Assessment for Learning and Characteristics of a School Professional Community and Class Culture that Empowers It, [in:] Assessment, Jewish Education, and the History of Education: A Collection in the Memory of Professor Aryeh Levy, Ed. Y. Keshti, Tel Aviv University, the School of Education and Ramot Press, Tel Aviv 2009.
- Borko H., Professional Development and Teacher Learning: Mapping the Terrain, Educational Researcher, 2004, 33(8).
- Borko H., Jacobs J., Koellner K., Contemporary Approaches to Teacher Professional Development, [in:] International Encyclopedia of Education, Eds. P. Peterson, E. Baker, B. McGaw, Oxford 2010, 7.
- De Jong O., Empowering Teachers for Innovations: The Case of Online Teacher Learning Communities, Creative Education, 2012, 3, Supplement.
- DuFour R., What Is a “Professional Learning Community”? Educational Leadership, May 2004, 61(8) .
- Farnsworth V., Kleanthous I., Wenger-Trayner E., Communities of Practice as a Social Theory of Learning: a Conversation with Etienne Wenger, British Journal of Educational Studies,
- Kaney S., Ecological Thinking – A New Approach to Educational Change, Klil and Mofet Institute, Tel Aviv 2006 (Hebrew).
- Khoo E., Cowie B., Analysing an Online Learning Community from Personal, Interpersonal and Community Planes of Development, [in:] Proceedings of Global Learn Asia Pacific 2010, Eds. Z. Abbas et al. (p. 4222-4231), AACE. Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/34523
- Kurland H., Peretz H., Hertz-Lazarowitz R., Leadership Style and Organizational Learning: The Mediate Effect of School Vision, Journal of Educational Administration, 2010, 48(1).
- Leahy S., William D., From Teachers to Schools: Scaling Up Professional Development for Formative Assessment, [in:] Assessment and learning (2nd edition), Ed. J. Gardner, Sage, Thousand Oaks, CA 2012.
- Lomos C., Hofman R., Bosker R., Professional Communities and Student Achievement: A Meta-Analysis, School Effectiveness and School Improvement, 2011, 22.
- Mushayikwa E., Lubben F., Self-Directed Professional Development – Hope for Teachers Working In Deprived Environments, Teaching and Teacher Education, 2009, 25.
- Nehring J., Fitzsimons G., The Professional Learning Community as Subversive Activity: Countering the Culture of Conventional Schooling, Professional Development in Education,
- , 37(4).
- Schechter C., Learning from Success as Leverage for a Professional Learning Community: Exploring an Alternative Perspective of School Improvement Process, Teachers College Record, 2010, 112, 1.
- Sebastian J., Allensworth E., The Influence of Principal Leadership on Classroom Instruction and Student Learning: A Study of Mediated Pathways to Learning, Educational Administration Quarterly, 2012, 48.
- Shulman L.S., Learning Communities and Communities of Teachers, Mandel Institute, Jerusalem 1996 (Hebrew).
- Sjoer E., Meirink J., Understanding the Complexity of Teacher Interaction in a Teacher Professional Learning Community, European Journal of Teacher Education, 2016, 39(1).
- Thoonen E.E.J., Sleegers P.J.C., Oort F.J., Peetsma T.T.D., Building School-Wide Capacity for Improvement: The Role of Leadership, School Organizational Conditions, and Teacher Factors,
- School Effectiveness and School Improvement, 2012, 23.
- Timperley H., Teacher Professional Learning and Development, Educational Practices Series, 18, International Academy of Education and International Bureau of Education, Brussels 2008.
- Williams D., Urban Education and Professional Learning Communities, The Delta Kappan Gamma Bulletin, 2013.
- Yechieli T., How to Have Constructivist Learning, Echo of Education, 2008, 82(4), (Hebrew).