Main Article Content
The purpose of this article is to show how Ioannis Kolettis, the first Vlach to become Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Greece, governed Greece, and why he is remembered, even today, as one of the Prime Ministers who left a lasting impression on Greek internal politics, and, especially, on Greek foreign affairs.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- The Author hereby warrants that he/she is the owner of all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Work and that, within the scope of the present Agreement, the paper does not infringe the legal rights of another person.The owner of the copyright work also warrants that he/she is the sole and original creator thereof and that is not bound by any legal constraints in regard to the use or sale of the work.
- The Author grants the Purchaser non-exclusive and free of charge license to unlimited use worldwide over an unspecified period of time in the following areas of exploitation:
2.1. production of multiple copies of the Work produced according to the specific application of a given technology, including printing, reproduction of graphics through mechanical or electrical means (reprography) and digital technology;
2.2. marketing authorisation, loan or lease of the original or copies thereof;
2.3. public performance, public performance in the broadcast, video screening, media enhancements as well as broadcasting and rebroadcasting, made available to the public in such a way that members of the public may access the Work from a place and at a time individually chosen by them;
2.4. inclusion of the Work into a collective work (i.e. with a number of contributions);
2.5. inclusion of the Work in the electronic version to be offered on an electronic platform, or any other conceivable introduction of the Work in its electronic version to the Internet;
2.6. dissemination of electronic versions of the Work in its electronic version online, in a collective work or independently;
2.7. making the Work in the electronic version available to the public in such a way that members of the public may access the Work from a place and at a time individually chosen by them, in particular by making it accessible via the Internet, Intranet, Extranet;
2.8. making the Work available according to appropriate license pattern Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-ND 4.0) as well as another language version of this license or any later version published by Creative Commons.
- The Author grants the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan permission to:
3.1. reproduce a single copy (print or download) and royalty-free use and disposal of rights to compilations of the Work and these compilations.
3.2. send metadata files related to the Work, including to commercial and non-commercial journal-indexing databases.
- The Author declares that, on the basis of the license granted in the present Agreement, the Purchaser is entitled and obliged to allow third parties to obtain further licenses (sublicenses) to the Work and to other materials, including derivatives thereof or compilations made based on or including the Work, whereas the provisions of such sub-licenses will be the same as with the attributed license pattern Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-ND 4.0) or another language version of this license, or any later version of this license published by Creative Commons. Thereby, the Author entitles all interested parties to use the work, for non-commercial purposes only, under the following conditions:
4.1. acknowledgment of authorship, i.e. observing the obligation to provide, along with the distributed work, information about the author, title, source (link to the original Work, DOI) and of the license itself.
4.2. the derivatives of the Work are subject to the same conditions, i.e. they may be published only based on a licence which would be identical to the one granting access to the original Work.
- The University of Adam Mickiewicz in Poznań is obliged to
5.1. make the Work available to the public in such a way that members of the public may access the Work from a place and at a time individually chosen by them, without any technological constraints;
5.2. appropriately inform members of the public to whom the Work is to be made available about sublicenses in such a way as to ensure that all parties are properly informed (appropriate informing messages).
- The University of Adam Mickiewicz in Poznań hereby preserves the copyright to the journal as a whole (layout/stylesheet, graphics, cover design, logo etc.)
- Arnakis G., Byzantium and Greece, „Balkan Studies”, V 4/2, Thessaloniki 1963
- Batalas A., Send a thief to catch a thief. State building and the employment of irregular military formations in mid – nineteenth – century Greece, in: Irregular armed forces and their role in politics and state formation, eds. D. E. Davis, A. W. Pereira, Cambridge 2003
- Blancard J., Coletti, Montpellier 1885
- Bohotis N.T., Archaeology and politics. The Greek – German Olympia excavations treaty, 1869 – 1875, in: Ancient monuments and modern identities. A critical history of Archaeology in 19th and 20the century Greece, eds. S. Voutsaki, P. Cartledge, Routledge, London and New York 2017
- Clogg R., A concise history of Greece, Cambridge 2002
- Daskalov R., Bulgarian – Greek dis/entanglements, in: Entangled Histories in the Balkans, I, eds. R. Daskalov, T. Marinov, Leiden – Boston 2013
- Djordjevic D., Revolutions Nationales des Peuples Balkaniques 1804-1914, Beograd 1961
- Doumanis N., A History of Greece, Basingstoke 2010
- Finlay G., A History of Greece from its conquest by the Romans to the present time, VII, Oxford 1877
- Finlay G., The history of Greek revolution 2, Edinburgh and London, 1861
- Frazee C., Church and state in Greece, in: Greece in Transition, ed. J. A. Koumoulides, London 1977
- Gallant W.T., Modern Greece, London 2001
- Guizot M., France under Louis – Philippe. From 1841 to 1847, London 1865
- Ioannis Kolettis: Of this Great idea, in: Discourses of collective identity in Central and Southeast Europe (1770-1945). National romanticism. The formation of National movements, II, eds. B. Trencsenyi, M. Kopeček, Budapest 2007
- Kahl T., The Ethnicity of the Aromanians after 1990: the Identity of a Minority that Behaves like a Majority, „Ethnologia Balkanica, Journal for Southeast European Anthropology” 6/2002
- Karasarinis M., Spectres of the past: a comparative study of the role of historiography and cultural memory in the development of nationalism in modern Scotland and Greece, PhD thesis, Univeristy of Glasgow 2001
- Kofas V.J., International and Domestic Politics in Greece during the Crimean War, Chicago 1979
- Koliopoulos S.J., Brigand with a cause. Brigandage and irredentism in Modern Greece (1821 – 1913), Oxford 1987
- Koliopoulos S.J., Veremis T., Modern Greece. A History since 1821, s.l
- Koukoudis I.A. , The Vlachs, Metropolis and Diaspora, Thessaloniki 2003
- Mackridge P., Language and national identity in Greece 1776-1976, Oxford 2009
- Malakasis T.J., The diplomatic position of Kolettis vis a vis France and England. A brief analysis of the factors involved in the foreign policy of the first Greek constitutional ministry, „Δωδωνη”, No. 4, Ιωαννινα 1975
- McLean D., The Greek revolution and the Anglo – French entente 1843-4, „The English Historical Review” 96/378 (Jan. 1981)
- Michailidis I., The formation of Greek citizenship (19th century), in: Citizenship in historical perspective, eds. S. G. Ellis, G. Hálfdanarson, A. K. Isaacs, Pisa 2006
- Michelsen E., Ottoman Empire and its resources, London 1853
- Odysseus, Turkey in Europe, London 1900.
- Petmezas S., From privileged outcast to power players: the “Romantic” redefinition of the Hellenic nation in the mid-nineteenth century, in: The Making of Modern Greece: Nationalism, romanticism and the uses of the past (1797-1896), eds. R. Beaton, D. Ricks, Ashgate 2009
- Petropoulos A.J., Politics and statecraft in the Kingdom of Greece 1833-1843, Princeton 1968
- Reinach T., Greece rediscovered by the Greeks, in: Greece in evolution, ed. G.F. Abott, New York 1910
- Skene H.J., The spirit of change in Southern Europe, „Colburn’s new monthly magazine”, n. CCCXLV, September 1849, London 1849
- Skopetea E., “Uzor – kraljevina’ I velika ideja, Beograd 2005
- Stamatopoulos D., The Orthodox church of Greece, in: Orthodox Christianity and nationalism in nineteenth century Southeastern Europe, ed. L. N. Leustean, Fordham 2014
- Stavrianos L., The Balkans since 1453, London 2000
- Stojančević V., Problemi saradnje balkanskih naroda I nacionalnooslobodilačkim pokretima u Turskoj u prvoj polovini XIX veka, „Jugoslovenski Istorijski Časopis”, 1969. No. 4
- Strong F., Greece as a kingdom or a statistical description of that country from that arrival of king Otho in 1833 down to the present time, London 1842
- Woodhouse M.C, Diplomatic development. Nineteenth and twentieth century, in : Greece in Transition, ed. J. T. A. Koumoulides London, 1977
- Ευαγγελιαδου Ε.Τ., Ιστορια του Οθωνος Βασιλεως της Ελλαδος (1832 – 1862), Αθηνα 1894
- Εφημερις της κυβερνησεως του Βασειλειου της Ελλαδος, αρ. 20, 27, 32 (1834)
- Καββαδια Π., Ιστορια της Αρχαιολογικης εταιρειας, Αθηνα 1900
- Μπενεκου Γ. Γ., Κωλεττης. Ο πατερας των πολιτικων μας ηθων, Αθηνα 1961
- Британски документи за историјата на македонскиот народ, том 2, Скопје 1977
- Дамянов С., Френската политика на Балканите 1829-1853, София 1977
- Данова Н., Националният въпрос в гръцките политически програми през XIX век, София 1980
- Јовановски Д., Грчката балканска политика и Македонија 1830 – 1881, Скопје 2005
- Мердзос И.Н., Аромани-Власи, Тесалоники 2010
- Минов Н., Влашкото прашање и романската пропаганда во Македонија (1860-1903), Скопје 2013
- Шћеровић Н., Врење и завере против турске четрдесетих година XIX века, „Историјски записи“, Цетиње 1955, No. XI/2