Main Article Content
The article shows different aspects of the Greek policy towards Vlach communities, important for their social and cultural activity. The case of Vlachs/Aromanians living in Greece is analyzed from the point of view of relatively large and functioning ethnic minority group, located within the Greek national majority. The Greek „republican concept of nationality”, included into the official policy, doesn’t accept ethnic/national minorities in the state. The article is created on the basis of long-lasting anthropological research, conducted by the author. It contains opinions expressed by Vlach/Aromanian intellectualists living in Greece, representing various concepts of Vlachness.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- The Author hereby warrants that he/she is the owner of all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Work and that, within the scope of the present Agreement, the paper does not infringe the legal rights of another person.The owner of the copyright work also warrants that he/she is the sole and original creator thereof and that is not bound by any legal constraints in regard to the use or sale of the work.
- The Author grants the Purchaser non-exclusive and free of charge license to unlimited use worldwide over an unspecified period of time in the following areas of exploitation:
2.1. production of multiple copies of the Work produced according to the specific application of a given technology, including printing, reproduction of graphics through mechanical or electrical means (reprography) and digital technology;
2.2. marketing authorisation, loan or lease of the original or copies thereof;
2.3. public performance, public performance in the broadcast, video screening, media enhancements as well as broadcasting and rebroadcasting, made available to the public in such a way that members of the public may access the Work from a place and at a time individually chosen by them;
2.4. inclusion of the Work into a collective work (i.e. with a number of contributions);
2.5. inclusion of the Work in the electronic version to be offered on an electronic platform, or any other conceivable introduction of the Work in its electronic version to the Internet;
2.6. dissemination of electronic versions of the Work in its electronic version online, in a collective work or independently;
2.7. making the Work in the electronic version available to the public in such a way that members of the public may access the Work from a place and at a time individually chosen by them, in particular by making it accessible via the Internet, Intranet, Extranet;
2.8. making the Work available according to appropriate license pattern Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-ND 4.0) as well as another language version of this license or any later version published by Creative Commons.
- The Author grants the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan permission to:
3.1. reproduce a single copy (print or download) and royalty-free use and disposal of rights to compilations of the Work and these compilations.
3.2. send metadata files related to the Work, including to commercial and non-commercial journal-indexing databases.
- The Author declares that, on the basis of the license granted in the present Agreement, the Purchaser is entitled and obliged to allow third parties to obtain further licenses (sublicenses) to the Work and to other materials, including derivatives thereof or compilations made based on or including the Work, whereas the provisions of such sub-licenses will be the same as with the attributed license pattern Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-ND 4.0) or another language version of this license, or any later version of this license published by Creative Commons. Thereby, the Author entitles all interested parties to use the work, for non-commercial purposes only, under the following conditions:
4.1. acknowledgment of authorship, i.e. observing the obligation to provide, along with the distributed work, information about the author, title, source (link to the original Work, DOI) and of the license itself.
4.2. the derivatives of the Work are subject to the same conditions, i.e. they may be published only based on a licence which would be identical to the one granting access to the original Work.
- The University of Adam Mickiewicz in Poznań is obliged to
5.1. make the Work available to the public in such a way that members of the public may access the Work from a place and at a time individually chosen by them, without any technological constraints;
5.2. appropriately inform members of the public to whom the Work is to be made available about sublicenses in such a way as to ensure that all parties are properly informed (appropriate informing messages).
- The University of Adam Mickiewicz in Poznań hereby preserves the copyright to the journal as a whole (layout/stylesheet, graphics, cover design, logo etc.)
- Bara Maria, Kahl Thede, Aromanian media in South East Europe (Albania, Bulgaria, Greece, Macedonia (Republic of Macedonia ‒ FYROM) and Romania, Vienna.
- Gołąb Zbigniew, Szkic dialektu Arumunów macedońskich, „Zeszyty Naukowe Uniwersytetu Jagiellońskiego" 1961, nr 37 (Prace językoznawcze), z. 4, s. 175–199.
- Herzfeld Michael, Zażyłość kulturowa: poetyka społeczna w państwie narodowym, Kraków 2007.
- Hobsbawm Eric, Ranger Terence, The invention of tradition, Cambridge 2019.
- Kahl Thede, The Ethnicity of Aromanians after 1990: the identity of a minority that behaves like a majority, "Ethnologia Balkanica" 2002, t. 6, s. 145–189.
- Kahl Thede, Aromanians in Greece: minority or Vlach-speaking Greeks, "Jahrbücher für Geschichte und Kultur Südosteuropas" 2003, t. 5, s. 205–219.
- Kahl Thede, Being Vlach, singing Greek. Greek-Aromanian music contacts in the Pindus Mountain range, [w:] Shared musics and the minority identities, ed. N. Ceribašić, E. Haskell, Zagreb-Roč 2006, s. 171–189.
- Kiselinovski Stojan, Etničkiot i jazičniot identitet kaj Aromancite, [w:] Zbornik na trudovi od megunarodniot naučen simpozium „Vlasite na Balkanot”, Skopje 2005, s. 373–375 [Киселиновски Стојан, Етничкиот и јазичниот идентитет кај Армонаците, [w:] Зборник на трудови од меѓународниот научен симпозиум „Власите на Балканот”, Скопје 2005].
- Lubaś Marcin, Tradycjonalizacje kultury. O zaletach i ograniczeniach koncepcji tradycji wymyślonych, [w:] Tworzenie i odtwarzanie kultury. Tradycja jako wymiar zmian społecznych. Studia z dziedziny antropologii społecznej, red. G. Kubica, M. Lubaś, Kraków 2008.
- Łodziński Sławomir, Jak skuteczniej chronić prawa osób należących do mniejszości narodowych?, Komitet Doradczy Rady Europy ds. Konwencji Ramowej Rady Europy o Ochronie Mniejszości Narodowych, 2021.
- Nicolau Irina, Les Cameleons de Balcans, “Civilisation” 1993, t. 42, s. 175–178.
- Nowicka Ewa, Etniczność a sytuacja mniejszościowa, „Przegląd Polonijny” 1989, t. 1, s. 43–57.
- Nowicka Ewa, Forced emigration and desired return: the social and psychological consequences of the wartime evacuation of Greeks, “Balcanica Posnaniensia. Acta et Studia” 2017, t. 24, s. 83–100.
- Nowicka Ewa, Nasz język rozumieją aniołowie. Arumuni we współczesnym świecie, Kraków 2011.
- Nowicka Ewa, Hermes Odyseusz i greckie powroty do ojczyzny, Kraków 2008.
- Nowicka Ewa, Invented tradition and the new regionalism. The revival of pastoralism in Ochotnica Górna (Polish Carpathian village), „Balcanica Posnaniensia. Acta et studia” 2015, t. 22, nr 1, s. 151–163.
- Nowicka Ewa, Rozkaz ojców. Dyskurs żalu ientuzjazmu wwalce Arumunów o język i tożsamość w wieloetnicznych społeczeństwach Bałkanów, "Poznańskie Studia Slawistyczne" 2015, t. 5, s. 107–122.
- Petrović Dragoljub, Vlasite na Balkanot bez sopstvena država, [w:] Zbornik na trudovi od megunarodniot naučen simpozium „Vlasite na Balkanot”, Skopje 2005 [Петровић Драгољуб, Власите на Балканот без сопствена држава, [w:] Зборник на трудови од меѓународниот научен симпозиум „Власите на Балканот”, Скопје 2005].
- Ružica Miroslav, The Balkan Vlachs/Aromanians awakening, national policies, assimilation, “Dokumenti” 2008, t. 18, nr 2, s. 10–19.
- Sahlins Marshal, Goodbye to tristes tropes: ethnography in the context of modern world history, [w:] R. Borofsky, Assessing Cultural Anthropology, New York 1994.
- Smolicz Jerzy, Wartości rdzenne a tożsamość kulturowa, „Kultura i społeczeństwo” 1987, t. 31, nr 1, s. 59–75.
- The Framework Convention: a key tool to managing diversity through minority rights, https://rm.coe.int/16806a8fe8 [dostęp: 08.06.2021].