Main Article Content
The aim of the paper is to refer how the ruler of Moldova – Petru Rareş was described in the contemporary sources, so that we can find the answer for the question how Petru Rares was perceived by the rulers from Europa and Ottoman Empire. There were analyzed various sources that showed the standpoint of the Polish king Sigismund I, sultan Suleyman the Great, Ferdinand Habsburg towards Rareş. Thanks to this analysis it can be said that the rulers from Europa and Ottoman Empire perceived Rareş as a man who was disloyal, unfaithful and they definitely didn’t trust him. This opinion had huge influence on the final defeat of Rareş.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- The Author hereby warrants that he/she is the owner of all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Work and that, within the scope of the present Agreement, the paper does not infringe the legal rights of another person.The owner of the copyright work also warrants that he/she is the sole and original creator thereof and that is not bound by any legal constraints in regard to the use or sale of the work.
- The Author grants the Purchaser non-exclusive and free of charge license to unlimited use worldwide over an unspecified period of time in the following areas of exploitation:
2.1. production of multiple copies of the Work produced according to the specific application of a given technology, including printing, reproduction of graphics through mechanical or electrical means (reprography) and digital technology;
2.2. marketing authorisation, loan or lease of the original or copies thereof;
2.3. public performance, public performance in the broadcast, video screening, media enhancements as well as broadcasting and rebroadcasting, made available to the public in such a way that members of the public may access the Work from a place and at a time individually chosen by them;
2.4. inclusion of the Work into a collective work (i.e. with a number of contributions);
2.5. inclusion of the Work in the electronic version to be offered on an electronic platform, or any other conceivable introduction of the Work in its electronic version to the Internet;
2.6. dissemination of electronic versions of the Work in its electronic version online, in a collective work or independently;
2.7. making the Work in the electronic version available to the public in such a way that members of the public may access the Work from a place and at a time individually chosen by them, in particular by making it accessible via the Internet, Intranet, Extranet;
2.8. making the Work available according to appropriate license pattern Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-ND 4.0) as well as another language version of this license or any later version published by Creative Commons.
- The Author grants the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan permission to:
3.1. reproduce a single copy (print or download) and royalty-free use and disposal of rights to compilations of the Work and these compilations.
3.2. send metadata files related to the Work, including to commercial and non-commercial journal-indexing databases.
- The Author declares that, on the basis of the license granted in the present Agreement, the Purchaser is entitled and obliged to allow third parties to obtain further licenses (sublicenses) to the Work and to other materials, including derivatives thereof or compilations made based on or including the Work, whereas the provisions of such sub-licenses will be the same as with the attributed license pattern Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-ND 4.0) or another language version of this license, or any later version of this license published by Creative Commons. Thereby, the Author entitles all interested parties to use the work, for non-commercial purposes only, under the following conditions:
4.1. acknowledgment of authorship, i.e. observing the obligation to provide, along with the distributed work, information about the author, title, source (link to the original Work, DOI) and of the license itself.
4.2. the derivatives of the Work are subject to the same conditions, i.e. they may be published only based on a licence which would be identical to the one granting access to the original Work.
- The University of Adam Mickiewicz in Poznań is obliged to
5.1. make the Work available to the public in such a way that members of the public may access the Work from a place and at a time individually chosen by them, without any technological constraints;
5.2. appropriately inform members of the public to whom the Work is to be made available about sublicenses in such a way as to ensure that all parties are properly informed (appropriate informing messages).
- The University of Adam Mickiewicz in Poznań hereby preserves the copyright to the journal as a whole (layout/stylesheet, graphics, cover design, logo etc.)
- Źródła archiwalne:
- Archiwum Główne Akt Dawnych w Warszawie (AGAD),
- AKW (Traktatowe Dokumenty Tureckie), dz.tur., k. 66, t. 29, nr 66; k. 66, t. 33, nr 75; k. 66, t. 57, nr 123.
- Metryka Koronna, 45, k 480.
- Biblioteka Czartoryskich, Kraków,
- rkps 271, s. 121–122; rkps 611, s. 109.
- Teki Naruszewicza w 46, nr 15, 23; TN 47, nr 93; TN 48, nr 41; TN 48, nr 70; TN 49, nr 68; TN 51, nr 144; TN 54, nr 47; TN 56, nr 76.
- Biblioteka Jagiellońska, Kraków, BJ rkps 6558, fol. 40v–41.
- Haus- Hof- und Staatsarchiv, Wien,
- Ungarica 28, konv D (April), k. 9–10; konv. F (Juli), k. 66–69;
- Ungarica 36, konv. B, k. 114–115v.
- Źródła opublikowane:
- Acta Tomiciana: epistolarum, legationum, responsorum, actionum et rerum gestarum, serenissimi principis Sigismundi primi, Regis Poloniae, magni ducis Lithuaniae per Stanislaum Górski canonicum Cracoviensem et Plocensem collectarum A.D. 1532., wyd. S. Górski, t. 12–18.
- Documente privitoare la istoria Romaniei culese din arhivele polone. Secolul al XVI-lea, red. I. Corfus, Bucureşti 1979.
- Francesco della Valle, Breve narracione della grandezza, virtu, valore, et della infelice morte dell’ Illmo Sigr Conte Alouise Gritti... (red. I. Nagy), “Törtenelmi Tar” 1857, t. 3.
- Hurmuzaki E., Documente privitoare la istoria românilor, supl. 2, t. 1, t. 2(1), Bucureşti 1891–1893.
- Matricularum Regni Poloniae summaria, excussis codocibus, qui in Chartophylacio Maximo Varsoviensi asservantur, contexuit indicesque adiecit Theodorus Wierzbowski. P. 4, Sigismundi I regis tempora complectens (1507–1548), t. 1 (Acta cancellariorum 1507–1548).
- Sanuto Marino, I diarii Venezia 1901, t. 56, kol. 129–138.
- Urkunden und Aktenstücke zur Geschichte der Verhältnisse zwischen Österreich, Ungarn und der Pforte im XVI. und XVII. Jahrhundert: Aus Archiven und Bibliotheken: Gesandtschaft König Ferdinands I. an Sultan Suleiman I. 1534, Wien 1839.
- Publikacje i artykuły:
- Constantinescu R., Moldova şi Transilvania în vremea lui Petru Rareş. Relaţii politice şi militare (1527–1546), Bucureşti 1978.
- Czamańska I., Between Poland and Ottoman Empire. The political and juridical status of Moldavia in the 15th – 18th century, w: Turkey and Romania. A history of partnership and collaboration in the Balcans, Istanbul 2016, s. 181–192.
- Czamańska I., Poland and Turkey in the 1st half of the 16th century – turning points, w: Fight against the Turk in Central Europe in the first half of the 16th Century, red. I. Zombori, Budapest 2004, s. 91–102.
- Decei A., Aloisio Gritti în slujba sultanului Soliman Kanunî, după unele documente turceş ti inedite (1533–1534), „Studii şi materiale de istorie medie” 1970, t. 7. s. 101–161.
- Gemil T., În faţa impactului otoman, w: Petru Rareș, red. L. Simanschi, Bucureşti 1978.
- Hirschberg A., Hieronim Łaski, Lwów 1888.
- Kretschmayr H., Ludovico Gritty. Eine Monographie, w: „Archiv für österreichische Geschichte“ 1896, t. 83, nr 1.
- Niemczyk K., Petru Rareș i Ludovik Gritti. Historia trudnych relacji między hospodarem mołdawskim, a tureckim szpiegiem na Węgrzech, w: Silesia-Polonia-Europa: studia historyczne dedykowane Profesorowi Idziemu Panicowi, red. J. Sperka, Katowice 2019.
- Schuller J.K., Georg Reicherstorffer und seine Zeit. Ein Beitrag zur Geschichte von Siebenbürgen in den Jahren 1527–1536, Wien 1859.