Main Article Content
The article decribes the circumstances of the emergence of the Serbian financial elites within the autonomous Kingdom of Croatia-Slavonia at the turn of the 19th century, taking into consideration the circles which provided financial and credit services at that time. The role of the Serbian financial elites is discussed from the perspective of their economic activity, social and political affiliations. The discussion includes the context of the dual autonomy in the legal and political field, which regulated the status of the Kingdom of Croatia-Slavonia, the Patriarchate of Karlovci, and determined the overall situation of the Orthodox Serbs.The reflection on the influence of the financial elites on the social and political modernisation processes among the Serbian population of the then Croatian autonomy is created on the basis of the The Serbian Bank in Zagreb programme assumptions (Srpska banka; 1895–1918), which was the most prominent financial establishment associated with the Serbian capital within Austria-Hungary.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- The Author hereby warrants that he/she is the owner of all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Work and that, within the scope of the present Agreement, the paper does not infringe the legal rights of another person.The owner of the copyright work also warrants that he/she is the sole and original creator thereof and that is not bound by any legal constraints in regard to the use or sale of the work.
- The Author grants the Purchaser non-exclusive and free of charge license to unlimited use worldwide over an unspecified period of time in the following areas of exploitation:
2.1. production of multiple copies of the Work produced according to the specific application of a given technology, including printing, reproduction of graphics through mechanical or electrical means (reprography) and digital technology;
2.2. marketing authorisation, loan or lease of the original or copies thereof;
2.3. public performance, public performance in the broadcast, video screening, media enhancements as well as broadcasting and rebroadcasting, made available to the public in such a way that members of the public may access the Work from a place and at a time individually chosen by them;
2.4. inclusion of the Work into a collective work (i.e. with a number of contributions);
2.5. inclusion of the Work in the electronic version to be offered on an electronic platform, or any other conceivable introduction of the Work in its electronic version to the Internet;
2.6. dissemination of electronic versions of the Work in its electronic version online, in a collective work or independently;
2.7. making the Work in the electronic version available to the public in such a way that members of the public may access the Work from a place and at a time individually chosen by them, in particular by making it accessible via the Internet, Intranet, Extranet;
2.8. making the Work available according to appropriate license pattern Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-ND 4.0) as well as another language version of this license or any later version published by Creative Commons.
- The Author grants the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan permission to:
3.1. reproduce a single copy (print or download) and royalty-free use and disposal of rights to compilations of the Work and these compilations.
3.2. send metadata files related to the Work, including to commercial and non-commercial journal-indexing databases.
- The Author declares that, on the basis of the license granted in the present Agreement, the Purchaser is entitled and obliged to allow third parties to obtain further licenses (sublicenses) to the Work and to other materials, including derivatives thereof or compilations made based on or including the Work, whereas the provisions of such sub-licenses will be the same as with the attributed license pattern Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-ND 4.0) or another language version of this license, or any later version of this license published by Creative Commons. Thereby, the Author entitles all interested parties to use the work, for non-commercial purposes only, under the following conditions:
4.1. acknowledgment of authorship, i.e. observing the obligation to provide, along with the distributed work, information about the author, title, source (link to the original Work, DOI) and of the license itself.
4.2. the derivatives of the Work are subject to the same conditions, i.e. they may be published only based on a licence which would be identical to the one granting access to the original Work.
- The University of Adam Mickiewicz in Poznań is obliged to
5.1. make the Work available to the public in such a way that members of the public may access the Work from a place and at a time individually chosen by them, without any technological constraints;
5.2. appropriately inform members of the public to whom the Work is to be made available about sublicenses in such a way as to ensure that all parties are properly informed (appropriate informing messages).
- The University of Adam Mickiewicz in Poznań hereby preserves the copyright to the journal as a whole (layout/stylesheet, graphics, cover design, logo etc.)
- Artuković Mato, Ideologija srpsko-hrvatskich sporova (Srbobran 1884–1902), Zagreb 1991.
- Artuković Mato, Srbi u Hrvatskoj: Statistički pokazatelji (1883.–1903.), „Časopis za suvremenu povijest” 2000, nr 1, s. 135–138.
- Artuković, Mato, Srpska, gospodarska, kulturna, prosvjetna i humanitarna društva, „Časopis za suvremenu povijest” 1999, nr 3, s. 491–509.
- Čepulo Dalibor, Hrvatska pravna povijest u europskom kontekstu od srednjeg vijeka do suvremenog doba, Zagreb 2016.
- Gaćeša Nikola, Srpske novčane ustanove u drugoj polovici XIX i početkom XX veka u Hrvatskoj i Slavoniji, Zbornik o Srbima u Hrvatskoj, Beograd 1999, t. 4, s. 117–141.
- Gnjatović Dragana, Zemljoradničke kreditne zadruge: prve institucĳe za finansiranje razvoja poljoprivrede u Srbiji. „Bankarstvo” 2010, nr 3-4, s.15–34.
- Gross Mirjana, Szabo Agneza, "Prema hrvatskom građanskom društvu": društveni razvoj u civilnoj Hrvatskoj i Slavoniji šezdesetih i sedamdesetih godina 19. stoljeća, Zagreb 1992.
- Grujić Radoslav M., Azbučnik Srpske pravoslavne crkve, Beograd 1993 [Груиђ Радослав, Азбучник Српске православне цркве, Београд 1993].
- Hrvatski ustavni zakoni, Zagreb 1917.
- Jelić Damir, Sailing with the nationalist wind: the case of the Serbian bank in Zagreb (1895–1918), w: The creators and the creation of banking enterprises in Europe from the 18th to the 20th century, red. Kostas P. Kostis, Athens 2002.
- Kolar-Dimitrijević Mira, Srpsko društvo Privrednik i osposobljavanje djece dvorskog kotara u zanatstvu, trgovini i ugostiteljstvu 1897–1941. godine, w: Dvor na Uni, red. Mile Joka, Dvor na Uni 1991, s. 257–264.
- Krestić Petar V., Specifičan vid obrazovanja - Srpsko privredno društvo Privrednik (1897–1918), w: Obrazovanje kod Srba kroz vekove, Novi Sad 2003, s. 127–142.
- Krestić Vasilije, Istorija Srba u Hrvatskoj i Slavoniji, Beograd 2010 [Крестић Василиjе, Istorija Srba u Hrvatskoj i Slavoniji, Beograd 2010 [Историја Срба у Хрватској и Славонији, Београд 2010].
- Krestić Petar, Vladimir Matijević i društvo “Privrednik”, w: Srpsko privredno društvo “Privrednik”. Kroz tri vijeka, red. Nikola Lunić, Jelena Tabaks, Zagreb 2009, s. 13–28.
- Owoc W, Rzut oka na kasy systemu Raffeisena, Rzeszów 1898.
- Pet godina rada Srpske banke, “Privrednik”, 1900, nr 13, s. 154–155.
- Predstavka Saveza Srpskih zemljoradničkih zadruga i Centralne kase Srpskih privrednih zadruga, „Privrednik” 1899, nr 17, s. 275.
- Radenić Andrija, Položaj i borba seljaštva u Sremu od kraja XIX veka do 1914, Beograd 1958.
- Rumenjak Nives, Politička i društvena elita Srba u Hrvatskoj potkraj 19. stoljeća : uspon i pad Srpskoga kluba, Zagreb, 2005.
- S. M., Da li je potrebno srpskom sveštenstvu i ekonomsko obrazovanje, „Privrednik” 1900, nr 20, s. 233–235.
- Spomen knjiga Srpskog privrednog društva Privrednik 1897–1947, Beograd 1984.
- Srbi u Habsburškoj Monarhiji od 1526. do 1918., Novi Sad 2016, t. 2.
- Statistički godišnjak Kraljevina Hrvatske i Slavonije, 1905, Zagreb 1913, t. l.
- Statuti Srpske banke u Zagrebu; osnovana 1895. godine; http://srpska-banka.com/Srpska%20Banka/STATUT.pdf [dostęp: 21.11.2018].
- Szabo Agneza, Socijalna struktura srpskog stanovništva u Hrvatskoj i Slavoniji između 1880 i 1900. godine, w: Zbornik radova o povijesti i kultury srpskog naroda u Socijalistickoj Republici Hrvatskoj, Zagreb 1989, t. 2, s. 107–134.